Women expecting you to pay all the time Watch

missimpossible
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by MsAnnThropic)
Mine's getting better about letting me go halves on things (i.e. doesn't have this expression > :unsure: < every time I get my purse out, bless him) but I still end up sneaking money into his coat pocket to make up for food shopping/train tickets etc, resulting in him clinking like a vending machine as he walks. It's quite a nice noise actually, comforting... Guys, would that annoy you? I just really don't want to be an extra burden on his finances whilst he's still a student!
This made me smile, especially the bolded bit

I know how ye feel tho!
rockrunride
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
If I'm not up for it, but they want to go anyway, I'd probably do a split.
If I was raring to go, I'd treat them.
FallenPetal
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Here's an idea: settle the bill BEFORE the event.

Just ask her how she would like to arrange the payments, 99% of the time she would fel to put on the spot to say "YOU CAN PAY FOR IT!!"

You never know though :rolleyes:
kat2pult
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I don't get why girls let guys pay for them. It's so old fashioned, and although the chivalry could be nice, I wouldn't feel like the man was my equal, but rather that he feels he needs to look after me, as I'm incapable of looking after myself.

Tell her to pay her way or no more dates.
Joanna May
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
If you're both students, then she should offer to go halves with you. However, if you're in employment and she isn't (through no fault of her own, that doesn't apply if she's just lazy), then I think it would be pretty stingy of you to expect to go halves with her every single time.

If a guy asks me out, I expect him to pay though. At least for the first date.
The Procrastinator
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I would feel bad for not going halves even on the first night! Next time "lose" your wallet.
*sweetness*
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
If a guy has asked you out, i think he should at least pay for the first date...
I like it when a guy pays, makes you seem a bit more special, but i do understand if they're a poor student and stuff. what used to happen with my ex is that he'd pay for my night out to the pub, restaurant, cinema whatever and then i'd pay the £5 taxi fare so it didnt look like i was taking the piss. but with new dates, i have done "the reach" just to test the water
ashy
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by mamooshka)
I seriously think I bruised this guy's ego when I insisted on at least paying for my own Malteasers at the pictures. He didn't speak to me for around 15 minutes.
Insisting on Maltesers is taking it a little far, perhaps? It's like a pound :tongue: That's more insulting than friendly, like giving a waiter a 10p tip.
Miam!
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Just tell her nicely about it, there's no reason to be ashamed, and if she doesn't like it she's not worth it!

First date, we'll give her the benefit of the doubt, especially if you said "it's on me" or something. But after that?! I always, always, offer to go dutch (or I treat the other every other time), because it just feels wrong to let the guy pay for everything!
LouLou815
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I hate my bf paying for me and he hates being paid for too, so we split it in some way. Occasionally one of us will treat the other depending on the situation (money related issues or special occasions etc).
No Future
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
my ex used to pay for most things. he was quite well off and liked treating me. i did pay and offer to pay sometimes though
icn06
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Might just be me but for some reason I only expect it for the first date ( gentlemenly introduction). Although ill still attempt to pay (polite). After that I pay my way unless told otherwise!
Tufts
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by wildcat123)
It's cringeworthy when girls expect this sort of treatment. Why shouldn't it be fair?

It's good to let a guy know you can pay your own way. :yep:
Let me throw this in here:

A man will on average earn 50% more than a woman over their lifetime.
mamooshka
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by ashy)
Insisting on Maltesers is taking it a little far, perhaps? It's like a pound :tongue: That's more insulting than friendly, like giving a waiter a 10p tip.

True, but he'd paid for absolutely everything else, and I wanted a little dignity. Plus it was £3.50 for a bag, and he was huffing and puffing about the prices. What's a girl to do?
sophisticated
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
We're not all like that, I always offer to pay my half
Just casually mention it to her. Say you're low on money and don't mind treating her from time to time but you can't afford to pay all the time. Should sort it. If she doesn't accept that well.....she should.
xxAFFxx
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm a female and i can't stand those types of girls who expect a guy to pay for evreything wheaher they have money or not.
Why can't they just be independant and stop sponging of others?
ARRRGHGHH it really annoys me
But i just want to let all guys to know that not ALL girls are spongers.
I'm too proud to let someone else pay all of it... we'd have to go halfsies or nothing!!!
wildcat123
Badges: 0
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Tufts)
Let me throw this in here:

A man will on average earn 50% more than a woman over their lifetime.

Can we say... "Deal with it"
xxAFFxx
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by loafer)
women arent allowed to earn money anyway, a purse may be doled out by a responsible male guardian once the lady has outlined on which area of the household it is being spent and how it will benefit the man of the house.
HAHHAHAH!!!!
You seriously need to get your ignorant head out of the medieval ages, got out and experience the modern world.
Else you'll never ever get a girl ever.
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by xxAFFxx)
HAHHAHAH!!!!
You seriously need to get your ignorant head out of the medieval ages, got out and experience the modern world.
Else you'll never ever get a girl ever.
and you need to get a brain, your head out of your arse, and read the thread, dear. :rolleyes:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (146)
27.6%
No (383)
72.4%

Watched Threads