Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DayneD89)
    Im on a bus atm, but the draft i have at home says that a VonC will be called if a question is not adressed within 2 weeks.

Any minister can post there departments views in a party thread.
    The Conservative party will not vote for any bill which automatically causes a VONC. Thats too authoritarian for my liking. I answer my questions usually on the same day, the most someones had to wait is 2 days but thats rare, i dont need the threat of a VONC to coerce me to answer questions, I do it already.

ReputationRep:
    Quite. **** that man, this is a bit of fun aint it.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    My bad, i meant a VonC can be called, not that it automaticaly would be called.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davireland)
    The Conservative party will not vote for any bill which automatically causes a VONC. Thats too authoritarian for my liking. I answer my questions usually on the same day, the most someones had to wait is 2 days but thats rare, i dont need the threat of a VONC to coerce me to answer questions, I do it already.
    Since when are you whipping on amendments?

ReputationRep:
    I would like to see some sort of question time being required, but the current system I agree is unworkable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Metrobeans)
    Since when are you whipping on amendments?
    I wont whip, but I honestly cant see my Rt Honourable friends voting for an ammendment which could automatically cause a VONC in our government. I maintain my PMQ thread and so I dont need to be threatened.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    It wouldnt be so much a threat, more a consequence, and wouldnt be automatic.

ReputationRep:
    It wouldnt be so much a threat, more a consequence, and wouldnt be automatic.
    Its always a threat, any MP can call one in either the government or the speaker whenever they feel like it. So theres no reason to suggest an ammendment which only dupicates what can be doen atm.

ReputationRep:
    I wont whip, but I honestly cant see my Rt Honourable friends voting for an ammendment which could automatically cause a VONC in our government. I maintain my PMQ thread and so I dont need to be threatened.
    Yes Mein Fuhrer. Your such a dicator in the way you run the party, democracy evidently isnt in the tory dictionary. I cant believe you cant see it.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Its always a threat, any MP can call one in either the government or the speaker whenever they feel like it. So theres no reason to suggest an ammendment which only dupicates what can be doen atm.
    Ah, i thought a reason was needed for a vonc, as per real life. In that case i think this bill need all parties with an MP in the HoC to 'create and maintain' a question time thread in the HoC forum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 01kij114)
    Yes Mein Fuhrer. Your such a dicator in the way you run the party, democracy evidently isnt in the tory dictionary. I cant believe you cant see it.
    Im not dictatorial, in fact im actually oppose to whipping, unless it is absolutely neccesary. My leadership is reasonably strong and decisive however it is not an experiment in authoritarianism. If I was the TSR equivalent of Hitler or Mussolini then I would have been ousted by now, the truth is that within the party, I am very much the first among equals.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, i thought a reason was needed for a vonc, as per real life. In that case i think this bill need all parties with an MP in the HoC to 'create and maintain' a question time thread in the HoC forum.
    VONC's have been called for little reason before, I remember a VONC being called on the speaker because he edited one of Grapes posts before. Thats not much of a reason.

Yes but with no coercion involved? I cant see that working being honest.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    It would work in that there would be a vonc called if a party didnt answer questions, or at least a vonc would gain support and it could be used come election time. It would work better than the current system.

ReputationRep:
    What about your Honourable ones?

ReputationRep:
    He run's the Conservative party very well, indeed First, among equals. Anything but a dictatorship.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by ukebert)
    What about your Honourable ones?
    Nobody can accurately predict them without a whip :tongue:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Podgeykins)
    He run's the Conservative party very well, indeed First, among equals. Anything but a dictatorship.
    I may not be able to see how he acts within the party forum, but I dont think davireland is a 'dictator' or act as such. I dismissed 01's post in minuit. I have a huge amount of respect for Dave and strongly think he is the best tori leader I've seen (fair enough, out of two, but still).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Podgeykins)
    I wont take that comment seriously, as you have only joined the party less than a week ago. He chooses MP's rather than elect them, he openly states how his party is going to vote on amendments. Most MP's have their hand untied for amendments as there is no political ideology behind them. He only allows a PMQ thread without opening it up for other ministers. Hes been the sole voice of the party for ages, it was certainly difference with uniforlife.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I wont take that comment seriously, as you have only joined the party less than a week ago. He chooses MP's rather than elect them, he openly states how his party is going to vote on amendments. Most MP's have their hand untied for amendments as there is no political ideology behind them. He only allows a PMQ thread without opening it up for other ministers. Hes been the sole voice of the party for ages, it was certainly difference with uniforlife.
    :facepal:

I'm starting to feel I can not take anything you say seriously. He selects the, as do I. I see no problem with this, only benefit. He has openly stated he will not whip this, it is just what he thinks they will do, and he has also said his PMQ thread is open to any minister for the tories.

You are beginning to look like an idiot, and I rarely use such words to describe people in the HoC, the last being oriel.

ReputationRep:
    :facepal:

I'm starting to feel I can not take anything you say seriously. He selects the, as do I. I see no problem with this, only benefit. He has openly stated he will not whip this, it is just what he thinks they will do, and he has also said his PMQ thread is open to any minister for the tories.

You are beginning to look like an idiot, and I rarely use such words to describe people in the HoC, the last being oriel.
    Its gets better you select MP's as well, far enough dosent sound every democratic to me. He also openly stated that the conservative party will not vote for an amendment that will automatically start a VoNC. I know you got that bit wrong, but without hesitation he made the entire parties position clear. I know. I would be banging my head against a brick wall, trying to push the point further so I will just leave it at that.

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.