Nightclub: Female, 22, and wondering why you're grabbing me... Watch

User237126
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by 4x4)
You make eye contact with them several times and smile when you have eye contact, then something usually happens if the guy is single and likes you.
:rofl: she's asking how to tell the GOOD single guys from the BAD ones, not how to pick them up in the first place you fool
username156343
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
your type of guy isn't in a club.
ADREAM
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Good guys don't go clubbing. Try Neros instead.

*My home for the last few years! :tongue:*
Anonymous #1
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Drewski)
First mistake is going to a club.
People are there either purely to dance/get drunk or to pull. It's unfortunate, but it's the general truth.
Yeah true.../ unfortunate , & not the best envio....in met up with someone far/to loud for a start to even speak.. or.. listen!!:yep:
4x4
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Bobo1234)
:rofl: she's asking how to tell the GOOD single guys from the BAD ones, not how to pick them up in the first place you fool
"What do you do to get a girl's attention at a club?" That's what I do, and I'm pretty sure the question for guys was even more focussed on that sort of thing before the edit.
Nidhogg_Rider
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
There are always genuinely good guys in clubs, it's just they're usually out-alpha maled by the more drunk, louder and more commanding members of their group so girls are much less attracted to them, in fact they don't even register on a girl's radar usually. That'd be why you can't find any 'decent' guys in a night club.
ladyrea
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
(Original post by Nidhogg_Rider)
There are always genuinely good guys in clubs, it's just they're usually out-alpha maled by the more drunk, louder and more commanding members of their group so girls are much less attracted to them, in fact they don't even register on a girl's radar usually. That'd be why you can't find any 'decent' guys in a night club.
I kind-of agree with this statement but not in the sense that I think you might be implying. If there's a group of guys that contains 3 rowdy drunks and 1 decent guy, I might only see what I want to avoid (alpha-males) but I'd probably notice the sole decent guy because he'd just stick out in that situation.

I also know that there are decent guys because some of my male friends club with me. ;P
surviveinstyle
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
How the hell can you even talk to people in a nightclub. I can't
epitaph for my heart
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by ladyrea)
Background. I recently moved away from home (... my parents) and decided to get a taste of nightlife, finally, at the ripe age of 22.

A question for all you decent guys out there.
What do you do to get a girl's attention at a club? I mean, I've met lots of men, but a lot of them are creepy (meaning they look lecherous, are much older than me, piss drunk...or something else unattractive). The last time I went out I had a guy grabbing my hand and offering me drinks even when I told him I didn't want anything (I don't drink) and he then went on to grab every other girl in the club.

Oh, and please tell me if there's something that generally scares off good guys and attracts the bad, I'd like to know if I might be doing it. [In terms of dress: I'm a classy girl, I don't need advice on that]

Questions for the girls.
How do you spot the decent guys? At one point I just ignored every single man around me because I just couldn't tell the good from the bad. A decent guy, for me, is one that backs off if I ask him to and understands if I'm not interested. If he's cute and a good conversationalist or a good dancer, even better. I'm just afraid of getting stuck with a dude who won't leave me alone, expects something or just wants to grind with me. I don't want to lead anyone on.

Lastly...what do I do when a guy's near me and looks like he's sort of/possibly dancing with me when I'm dancing in a circle of friends? Ideally, I'd love it if someone tapped me on the shoulder, introduced themselves and then politely asked me for a dance...but they don't seem to do that a lot (ever).
well you don't have to meet people in clubs where there's alcohol, exhibition and general lechery per standard. I met my (very decent!) person when I was walking home after a club, without any prior sexual intent too, I just wanted directions.

Question #1 and #2 (hooray for tolerance)
in clubs if I really want a guy/girl I walk up to them and tell them. More usually I just like the look of guys/girls in clubs and tell them that (with a wide foolish grin on my face). I can't be arsed with the mucking about people do with dating. Obviously if I'm shy and undrunk I very awkwardly sidle up to someone and mumble something or other at their shoes. I don't understand this ability to tell if someone is decent by looking? You need to engage someone before you can tell that... possibly you even need to marry them before you can!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (281)
27.6%
No (737)
72.4%

Watched Threads