Turn on thread page Beta

The most Dangerous University in Britain! watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Which is the most dangerous University in Britain?
    The University of Nottingham
    28.28%
    The University of Manchester
    10.25%
    The University of Glasgow
    16.39%
    Queen Mary, University of London
    21.72%
    Other
    23.36%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by generic hybrid)
    It is when I roll in with my crew to cap some UoL *****es for mouthing off to my people. :cool: Duzza4lyf
    braaapski. You cnt evun see us. We is dat whack.

ReputationRep:
    Scum travel everywhere so beware wherever you go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tam_Diman)
    Tower Hamlets (the borough that QM is in) isn't actually that dangerous...
    Considering that Tower Hamlets has been voted the worst borough in London due to its high crime rate, it is quite dangerous...

ReputationRep:
    Shottingham....I Mean Nottingham

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jewel08)
    I have applied for a course for Durham Uni - Queens Campus, whch is pratically in Teeside.

Is it really that bad, I haven't had a chance to look around properly?
    Ah Teeside, my town of birth, my fathers birth and that of most my extended family. Also where i don't live anymore. It's an awful town really. It was built on the Steel Industry and Shipping, when that all went Pete Tongue back in the 70's the town went down hill with it.

It's also in a little bubble. It's not close to any other large town/cities really. Newcastle is a good hour away and the neighbouring towns of Darlington and Hartlepool arn't exactly tourist traps. The nigh life is pretty poor and there are not really any attraction to visit. Stuarts Park can be nice in the summer though.

The people are fairly friendly though, just avoid Grange Town and Acklam and you should be okay....

Maybe i am being to negative..lol

ReputationRep:
    No University in the UK is that dangerous as long as you don't walk around waving your wallet in the air.

ReputationRep:
    Durham.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zav)
    No University in the UK is that dangerous as long as you don't walk around waving your wallet in the air.
    Scum travel everywhere so beware wherever you go.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely not Salford. Less crime reported there than in and around Manchester university. And having lived in Salford for 4 years, I'm pretty confident that'll be backed up.

Surprised Leeds hasn't been mentioned.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RamocitoMorales)
    Or might it be the University of Glasgow, which is situated in...(wait for it)....Glasgow, the supposed knife capital of Europe.
    thats better

ReputationRep:
    Why has no one said Hull?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prudy)
    braaapski. You cnt evun see us. We is dat whack.
    Hells yeah, my fellow souljas know what I'm talkin about. We be icin' fools and droppin' bodies in the vacants 'til the 5-0 come cos we is that mental. Durham ain't nothin' ta **** wit.

(Original post by Drewski)
    Surprised Leeds hasn't been mentioned.
    Leeds is a very safe student city.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kat2pult)
    Why has no one said Hull?!

Hull's crap, but not dangerous.

Leeds is a very safe student city.

It's on a par with the other cities mentioned.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jingers)
    Considering that Tower Hamlets has been voted the worst borough in London due to its high crime rate, it is quite dangerous...
    In what year?

Tower Hamlets doesn't even have the highest crime rate in East London, it's more likely to be Hackney or Newham...

ReputationRep:
    University of East London. i heard they do courses on organised crime management and advanced pimping.

ReputationRep:
    Probably Salford, last time I visited a gang of chavy boys decided it would be funny to throw rocks at me.

And Manchester isn’t that rough, I personally only know of two people who have been shot… Oh wait.

The student accommodation in Manchester doesn’t really tend to be in the roughest of areas anyway, perhaps with the exception of Fallowfield.

ReputationRep:
    I dunno about the other options but there is nothing dangerous about glasgow uni

ReputationRep:
    Well according to this

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/ed...ty-831847.html

Outside of the capital the list goes like this -

1. Nottingham
    2. Manchester
    3. Liverpool
    4. Bristol
    5. Leeds

ReputationRep:

But who knows, the most dangerous University could also be Queen Mary, situated in the much talked about East London. Many have avoided going there in fear of crime.

Load of crap tbh.

This was in the TSR wiki section on QMUL:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...fety_.26_Crime

As you can see from the table (by the Metropolitain Police)...in Tower Hamlets (QMUL borough) there were 1734 crimes commited in total...compare this to near by boroughs like Hackney and Newham this much less. Indeed for an inner city area Tower Hamlets is actually quite safe.

If you're sensible and take proper precautions, you'll be fine. If you decide to wander around at 2am in a badly lit alleyway showing off your phone, yeah you might get mugged, but if you behave properly that shouldn't happen.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.