Turn on thread page Beta

READ THIS if you have had 4 medicine rejections watch

  • View Poll Results: What will you be doing if you get 4 medicine rejections?
    Re-Apply to medicine
    96
    80.67%
    Settle for 5th option
    12
    10.08%
    Pick an alternative course through clearance
    6
    5.04%
    Not bother again
    5
    4.20%

    • PS Helper
    Offline

    14
    ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by crazylemon)
    That is dedication
    Or insanity, depending on how you look at it. LOL
    Offline

    14
    ReputationRep:
    why do people get rejected from medicine so easily?
    Offline

    19
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vas876)
    Or insanity, depending on how you look at it. LOL
    Yes quite, either dedication or delusion :p:

    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    why do people get rejected from medicine so easily?
    Because it is VERY competitive
    Offline

    14
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazylemon)
    Because it is VERY competitive
    Well, we had 4 people in our year with all rejections. No one got 4 offers either. Not that I'm doing Medicine myself, but I just decided to post.
    Offline

    19
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    Well, we had 4 people in our year with all rejections. No one got 4 offers either. Not that I'm doing Medicine myself, but I just decided to post.
    Almost no one gets 4, most get 1 if any
    • PS Helper
    Offline

    14
    ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    why do people get rejected from medicine so easily?
    For 2008 Entry

    Applicants Nationwide = 18,414

    Places/Acceptances = 8,013

    Therefore 43.5% Chance of Getting an Offer or 56.5% Chance of Rejection!

    (I have The Statistics for Every University too!, and Every Year from 1996)
    Offline

    19
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vas876)
    For 2008 Entry

    Applicants Nationwide = 18,414

    Places/Acceptances = 8,013

    Therefore 43.5% Chance of Getting an Offer or 56.5% Chance of Rejection!

    (I have The Statistics for Every University too!, and Every Year from 1996)
    That is scary
    Offline

    14
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazylemon)
    Almost no one gets 4, most get 1 if any
    that's true. i'm surprised some people got 1 offer when the ones who got rejected were much better. so harsh
    Offline

    14
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vas876)
    For 2008 Entry

    Applicants Nationwide = 18,414

    Places/Acceptances = 8,013

    Therefore 43.5% Chance of Getting an Offer or 56.5% Chance of Rejection!

    (I have The Statistics for Every University too!, and Every Year from 1996)
    would you happen to have the statistics for other courses too? :rolleyes:
    • PS Helper
    Offline

    14
    ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    would you happen to have the statistics for other courses too? :rolleyes:
    yea
    wt course?
    Offline

    14
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vas876)
    yea
    wt course?
    Economics If you have specific data for the top 10 universities, that would be even better! Thank you
    • PS Helper
    Offline

    14
    ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    Economics If you have specific data for the top 10 universities, that would be even better! Thank you

    Top 10 I would have to do them individually and that's long.

    Overall

    8,582 = Applicants

    6,875 = Acceptances
    • PS Helper
    Offline

    14
    ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by crazylemon)
    That is scary

    Or True research!

    Which is what some of the 2010 applicant Clowns should be doing! (LOL
    Offline

    19
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vas876)
    Or True research!

    Which is what some of the 2010 applicant Clowns should be doing! (LOL
    :rofl: this is true.

    Meh I had a look online at the rough APP ratios and decided where I wanted regardless :p:
    • PS Helper
    Offline

    14
    ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by crazylemon)
    :rofl: this is true.

    Meh I had a look online at the rough APP ratios and decided where I wanted regardless :p:
    Lol same i though i may as well try my favorite unis first, and if it dint work out i could always try again.
    Offline

    14
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vas876)
    Top 10 I would have to do them individually and that's long.

    Overall

    8,582 = Applicants

    6,875 = Acceptances
    that makes it sound so easy when you put it that way

    ok, i do feel for medic applicants...and economics is meant to be most competitive after law and medicine apparently.
    • PS Helper
    Offline

    14
    ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    that makes it sound so easy when you put it that way

    ok, i do feel for medic applicants...and economics is meant to be most competitive after law and medicine apparently.

    Medicine = 43.5%

    Dentistry = 44.7%

    Vet Med = 48.3%

    Law = 86.6%

    Econ = 80.1%


    So Law is actually Better than Econ
    Offline

    19
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vas876)
    Medicine = 43.5%

    Dentistry = 44.7%

    Vet Med = 48.3%

    Law = 86.6%

    Econ = 80.1%


    So Law is actually Better than Econ
    lol @ clinical/non-clinical divide
    Offline

    11
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vas876)
    Or True research!

    Which is what some of the 2010 applicant Clowns should be doing! (LOL
    :rofl: so true. some of them are just so irritating.
 
 
 
Poll
Do you have a role model?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reply
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.