6.38%
    10: really, really obnoxious
    17.02%
    Other/ no comment/ pass etc.
    4.26%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fioram)
    Lol who's that OP?
    i think hes talking about the recent thread about being average or whatever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fioram)
    Lol who's that OP?
    Er some model was the one who got accused of being ugly by just about everyone who was being a *****. And the slut thing was hilarious actually, some girl flirted a lot but didn't sleep around and she got brutalise as being the biggest most affluent whore since Moll Flanders.

ReputationRep:
    I think its a mix. A few people come in to start controversy, others to boost their egos, but many just answer things honestly and with reason. The fact that some people find other peoples honesty offensive is another issue entirely.

ReputationRep:
    What's wrong with being tightly wound? I dunno, I always think life's more fun when you take things seriously. I love being able to argue furiously and get passionate about every little thing, have big arguments with everyone who disagrees with me, and then laugh it off the moment the conversation moves on. There's nothing like an argument to make you closer to someone. Look at people like the Italians, they take EVERYTHING seriously and explode at the drop of the hat, yet they also laugh about 100 times more than anyone else.

ReputationRep:
    7/10. A lot of people here care far too much about things that shouldn't even be their concern.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ella mental)
    What's wrong with being tightly wound? I dunno, I always think life's more fun when you take things seriously. I love being able to argue furiously and get passionate about every little thing, have big arguments with everyone who disagrees with me, and then laugh it off the moment the conversation moves on. There's nothing like an argument to make you closer to someone. Look at people like the Italians, they take EVERYTHING seriously and explode at the drop of the hat, yet they also laugh about 100 times more than anyone else.
    The nervous break down. Oh and the heart attack at age 40. There's nothing wrong with being passionate as long as you direct that passion in ways that are constructive. Of course what is constructive is subjective, some people find slanging matches cathartic.

(Original post by icn06)
    I think its a mix. A few people come in to start controversy, others to boost their egos, but many just answer things honestly and with reason. The fact that some people find other peoples honesty offensive is another issue entirely.
    Very true I have been negged for saying historically Christianity was a religion of violence and it's ideology was perverted. As if somehow that was controversial or something offensive. As for negs I'd rather someone left a message even if it was a barely concealed rant, than nothing at all, that just strikes me as lazy and random, and people will just ignore it. You might as well of not of bothered.

Generally though the only problems I have is when serious or interesting threads are totally ruined/locked deleted by pointless bickering.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlottttte.X)
    'Tis the same on Youtube...
    I've got like 3 hate mails
    THREE oh if only i only got three, ive lost count the number of hate mail and messages on my pages

and yes i do find some people on here obnoxious and prudish adn rude and have far to much of a high opinion of themselves

makes it fun when i bring them down a peg
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    lol to whoever put 1

obviously new to the site XD

ReputationRep:
    i hate how its like a spelling test on here and people don't look at the point of your argument, just pick out words that u spell wrong and call u a d**k head

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by legend0777)
    i hate how its like a spelling test on here and people don't look at the point of your argument, just pick out words that u spell wrong and call u a d**k head
    That's every forum on Earth. Never underestimate the sheer majesty and grace given to those who are warriors for truth, justice and grammar. Well in their own head anyway, everyone else just thinks there pedantic idiots with too much time on their hands. There's a time and a place for grammar wars, English lang and Lit areas is favourite. But failing that school. :rolleyes:

Theirs being a crusader for correct English, and then there's Grammar Nazism.

Grammarian

Grammarian usually has little to contribute to a discussion and possesses few effective weapons. To compensate, he will point out minor errors in spelling and grammar. Because of Grammarian's obvious weakness most Warriors ignore him.
    http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/war...grammarian.htm

ReputationRep:
    I first came on here to get some help with uni interviews and then started looking at other threads...now I mainly go on here because of boredom and also everything else is blocked at work...I do like it when there are interesting threads but it's hard to express your opinion without some idiot jumping down your throat and telling you what a waste of space you are.

I vote 7.

ReputationRep:
    When you start taking it all too seriously and start getting stressed over some comment made by people who`s opinions really shouldn`t matter to you, it`s time to take a break from the internet.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.