In Praise of Sinn Féin Watch

yawn
Badges: 13
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Howard)
It's just I've heard it argued many times before, even by Adams himself, that Sinn Fein were not in any way related to the IRA.
Well, that's about right then, isn't it - in the context in which it was being said? In the same way as political parties absolve themselves of all wrongs meted out by their armies to non-combatants, SF 'cabinet' members were the political wing of the IRA and supposedly did not take part in any illegal activities whilst running that political wing.

Great euphemism btw Yawn............"activities designed to bring this country's government to the negotiating table"
It is rather neat, isn't it? I can be as inventive as you when it comes to semantics, Howie.
yawn
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Renner)
You live in the United Kingdom, but if you want to be like this there were attacks in England to.
I've already said that I don't live anywhere near where the attacks took place, so I, nor my family were under threat.

Look, it's best if you go back to the start of this debate 'cos otherwise words will be taken out of context.

Incidentally, despite your accusation levelled against Gerry Adams and his kind (by which I presume you to mean the political members of the political wing of the former IRA) none of them have ever been found guilty of murdering anyone.
Renner
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by yawn)
I've already said that I don't live anywhere near where the attacks took place, so I, nor my family were under threat.

Look, it's best if you go back to the start of this debate 'cos otherwise words will be taken out of context.

Incidentally, despite your accusation levelled against Gerry Adams and his kind (by which I presume you to mean the political members of the political wing of the former IRA) none of them have ever been found guilty of murdering anyone.
What the **** does it matter if you and your family weren’t under threat, the army is not your personal protection force it’s to defend the whole country which you are part of. When the country is under threat none of us are completely safe, and I put the question to you don’t you are about the lives of your fellow countrymen.

Not many paramilitary members who committed acts were ever brought to justice, however Martin McGuinness was second-in-command of the IRA in Londonderry. He was convicted by the Republic of Ireland's Special Criminal Court in 1973, after being caught with a car containing 250 lb (113 kg) of explosives and nearly 5,000 rounds of ammunition. He refused to recognize the court, and was sentenced to six months imprisonment. In the court he declared his membership of the Provisional Irish Republican Army without equivocation: 'We have fought against the killing of our people... I am a member of Óglaigh na hÉireann and very, very proud of it'
Howard
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by yawn)
It is rather neat, isn't it? I can be as inventive as you when it comes to semantics, Howie.
Yawn, I think you can teach me a thing or three.
FiveFiveSix
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by yawn)
You used extremely offensive language more common to those without good breeding.

You know as much about me as I care to divulge...and my personal life normally remains private in the arena of the ethernet. For all you know, I could be a high ranking officer in the British Army who checks the behaviour of the squaddies to ensure they are respectful to civilians and do not bring the Army into disrepute.

Do you know something...we once had a medical student on TSR whose behaviour and language was monitored by his department professors. He was sent down from Cambridge because of his behaviour on TSR amongst other things...be careful...Big Brother could very well be watching you! (Moderation Team can corroborate what I'm telling you here, in case you accuse me of talking 'horsecrap' as you did before.

And my username is an indication of how some TSR members make me feel with their gratuitious offence or 'cocky' attitudes.

My breeding is, besides being none of your business, beyond repute.

Don't make me giggle. For a start, I'm actually contradicting standing orders about communicating on internet forums, hence my closely guarded anonymity. If you were a senior officer you'd A. know that, and B. be disobeying those orders by being on here yourself, so I find that rather ludicrous. As for being respectful to civilians, those deserving of it get it. There are far worse offenders than I bringing the human race into disrepute, so why don't you go and make your empty threats against them?

Do you know something? I don't care. You may in all possibility be telling the truth, but I'd reason his conduct on an anonymous internet forum would probably not have been the sole reason for his 'sending down'. You mentioned 'other things' - I'd stake a fair amount that those were slightly more key than naughty language or harsh words on an internet forum. You have the right and privilege to not read things that offend you, so if my discourse is really that emotionally scarring to you, read my disclaimer, then
click the small 'x' at the top right hand side of the browser. Secondly, if it is true, it does reflect rather poorly on all the parties involved, not just the troublesome medical student.

As for your username, it may as well be 'disgusted of Tunbridge Wells'. If you have a problem with something, rather than making threats (which I find rather amusing, rather than frightening) then exercise your right to go and do something else on the internet. God knows it's big enough.
dave_perry
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Adams is a terrorist - and to be perfectly honest I'm really not to fond of those. He's also left wing, which again I don't like. So......all in all, I disagree!
FiveFiveSix
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by KentWill)
Yawn, you needn't bother arguing with him.

Army personnel are almost all belligerent, arrogant self-important right-wingers, whose hateful views will never be diluted.

Like the police, they make a living out of thuggery. They're as vicious as anyone you could meet; you shouldn't be surprised he's being so condescending and antagonistic towards you.

It really is no wonder why countless foreign nations despise his lot. They're unapologetic about events like Bloody Sunday, and derive satisfaction in harming innocent, defenceless people.

Thankfully the Army's tiny in size now, and most of them are out in the Middle East taking a sound bruising from a colleciton of untrained amateurs. Serves the odious bullies right.

FiveFiveSix, I really hope you getting a posting to Antrim![/FONT][/COLOR]
Ok, you got me. I only joined the Army because of the opportunity for a bit of pillaging, raping and murdering on the side.

Sadly people like you will take the above as gospel, rather than humour, but that's life. I can only assume a squaddie is currently hanging out the back of your girlfriend/mother/wife to cause such an inferiority complex.

We're most apologetic about the events of 'Bloody Sunday' but not as apologetic as the IRA puppetmasters should be for pulling the strings. The IRA murdered those people, not the Paras.

'a sound bruising from a colleciton (sp?) of untrained amateurs' Nice, I see what you did there. Also, completely wrong, just like your little bunch of thugs and murderers.

You really hope I get a posting to Antrim? Other than being really grossly offensive, any reason why? You actually want an increase in British troops in NI? Don't be ridiculous. The only possible reason that could be is so the next generation can martyr themselves for the 'cause' and inspire a whole new wave of terrorism, bloodshed and violence. I don't want that, do you?

Just because I happen to wear a uniform some of the time doesn't mean I fancy cracking some skulls in Ireland. If I had my way, I'd take all the blokes out and let you and the rabid dogs that are the loyalists tear the others throats out. I don't really care either way who wins or loses, just as long as you keep us out of it.

As an aside, to the people arguing about McGuinness and Adams ref convicted terrorists, the only reason those two jokers are still alive is because they are British intelligence assets. Do you really think they'd still breathing and in charge if they weren't?
dave_perry
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by KentWill)
Yawn, you needn't bother arguing with him.

Army personnel are almost all belligerent, arrogant self-important right-wingers, whose hateful views will never be diluted.

Like the police, they make a living out of thuggery. They're as vicious as anyone you could meet; you shouldn't be surprised he's being so condescending and antagonistic towards you.

It really is no wonder why countless foreign nations despise his lot. They're unapologetic about events like Bloody Sunday, and derive satisfaction in harming innocent, defenceless people.

Thankfully the Army's tiny in size now, and most of them are out in the Middle East taking a sound bruising from a colleciton of untrained amateurs. Serves the odious bullies right.

FiveFiveSix, I really hope you getting a posting to Antrim![/FONT][/COLOR]
That post is possibly the most insensitive post I have ever seen. Keep on going like you are and I won't be suprised if some squaddies best **** out of you! Soldiers should be admired for what they do - not given rubbish from left wing socialites such as yourself. Untrained amatuers? I would like to see what you'd be like in the Middle East. You wouldn't last 5 mins. Two good men died last week in N.Ireland under a evil, unprovoked attack. They served this country and if things went bad in this country would be foighting for your own personal freedom. You should be proud that Britain has a military like it. It is the best! Not amatuer and does not kill innocent people. Go onto the Armed Forces section of TSR and spout your views on there. You are the kind of person that the troops go on about when they say there is no support. It begs the question, what do you actually do for the country. Open your eyes ar**hole!

:mad:
TomGeorge
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by FiveFiveSix)
Ok, you got me. I only joined the Army because of the opportunity for a bit of pillaging, raping and murdering on the side.

Sadly people like you will take the above as gospel, rather than humour, but that's life. I can only assume a squaddie is currently hanging out the back of your girlfriend/mother/wife to cause such an inferiority complex.

We're most apologetic about the events of 'Bloody Sunday' but not as apologetic as the IRA puppetmasters should be for pulling the strings. The IRA murdered those people, not the Paras.

'a sound bruising from a colleciton (sp?) of untrained amateurs' Nice, I see what you did there. Also, completely wrong, just like your little bunch of thugs and murderers.

You really hope I get a posting to Antrim? Other than being really grossly offensive, any reason why? You actually want an increase in British troops in NI? Don't be ridiculous. The only possible reason that could be is so the next generation can martyr themselves for the 'cause' and inspire a whole new wave of terrorism, bloodshed and violence. I don't want that, do you?

Just because I happen to wear a uniform some of the time doesn't mean I fancy cracking some skulls in Ireland. If I had my way, I'd take all the blokes out and let you and the rabid dogs that are the loyalists tear the others throats out. I don't really care either way who wins or loses, just as long as you keep us out of it.

As an aside, to the people arguing about McGuinness and Adams ref convicted terrorists, the only reason those two jokers are still alive is because they are British intelligence assets. Do you really think they'd still breathing and in charge if they weren't?
the British army and the IRA both committed atrocities. Therefore both in my mind Ian Paisley, Margaret Thatcher and Gerry Adams are culpable. They all attempt to justify their actions by romanticised Patriotic nonsense that their country has a right to rule over the people of northern ireland.

The reason why Adams is still alive is because if he was killed by the british army civil war would start again in civil war.

No armed group in northern ireland is blameless.
FiveFiveSix
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by TomGeorge)
the British army and the IRA both committed atrocities. Therefore both in my mind Ian Paisley, Margaret Thatcher and Gerry Adams are culpable. They all attempt to justify their actions by romanticised Patriotic nonsense that their country has a right to rule over the people of northern ireland.

The reason why Adams is still alive is because if he was killed by the british army civil war would start again in civil war.

No armed group in northern ireland is blameless.
Yes. The members of the Army that committed atrocities did so without sanction, and were strictly dealt with. The members of the IRA that committed atrocities did so with full knowledge and sanction of their 'command' structure.
All it demonstrates is that there are some bad eggs in the British Army. Shock horror. You'll find soldiers are the first to distance themselves from atrocities committed by their peers. We don't like blokes who get their rocks off killing innocents, women, kids etc whether they have a green skin or wear a black balaclava. The Army is not blameless, but neither is it the monster some on here would make it out to be.

No, the reason Adams and his laughing boy chum McGuinness are still unventilated is because they are touts. If they weren't, they would have been killed in the 70s/80s rather than soldiers being told to hold their fire during fire fights with McGuinness clearly in their sights. Maybe nowadays they are an integral part of the 'peace' process, but they weren't back then, and the only reason they are able to enjoy the fruits of their labour is because they are touts.
srwences
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
You're absolutely right, actually. I can't think of a political party with greater and more moral ideologies than Sinn Féin.

Adams, incidentally, is a lovely bloke. I met him whilst he was out walking his dogs near his Donegal pad last year.
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
All it demonstrates is that there are some bad eggs in the British Army. Shock horror. You'll find soldiers are the first to distance themselves from atrocities committed by their peers. We don't like blokes who get their rocks off killing innocents, women, kids etc whether they have a green skin or wear a black balaclava.
That's why the British army holds little appeal to me. There are too few opportunities to command proper death squads.
FiveFiveSix
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by srwences)
You're absolutely right, actually. I can't think of a political party with greater and more moral ideologies than Sinn Féin.

Adams, incidentally, is a lovely bloke. I met him whilst he was out walking his dogs near his Donegal pad last year.
I'm sure Himmler was quite the party guest too.

Doesn't change the fact he's a morally decayed, terrorist scumbag.
FiveFiveSix
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
That's why the British army holds little appeal to me. There are too few opportunities to command proper death squads.
Ah well, the opportunities are sadly few and far between, but when they do come up, it's always a good laugh.
TomGeorge
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Yes. The members of the Army that committed atrocities did so without sanction, and were strictly dealt with. The members of the IRA that committed atrocities did so with full knowledge and sanction of their 'command' structure.
All it demonstrates is that there are some bad eggs in the British Army. Shock horror. You'll find soldiers are the first to distance themselves from atrocities committed by their peers. We don't like blokes who get their rocks off killing innocents, women, kids etc whether they have a green skin or wear a black balaclava. The Army is not blameless, but neither is it the monster some on here would make it out to be.

No, the reason Adams and his laughing boy chum McGuinness are still unventilated is because they are touts. If they weren't, they would have been killed in the 70s/80s rather than soldiers being told to hold their fire during fire fights with McGuinness clearly in their sights. Maybe nowadays they are an integral part of the 'peace' process, but they weren't back then, and the only reason they are able to enjoy the fruits of their labour is because they are touts.
There was collusion of British Forces with Illegal loyalist terrorist groups. Nobody has been prosecuted for Bloody Sunday which regardless of what you say was the day when 11 innocent civilians were shot dead on northern irish streets.

I would never justify the actions of the IRA but to believe that infact the british forces acted well is self dellusion. The british did not beat the IRA, that is why sinn fein are in pwoer and that is why every IRA terrorist was released under the Good Friday Agreement which was the only way peace could be achieved. The only reason the IRA no longer exist is because their members have political power given to them by the british goverment.
srwences
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm sure Himmler was quite the party guest too.

Doesn't change the fact he's a morally decayed, terrorist scumbag.
My natural reaction to that indicting sweeping statement is one of shock. However, having managed to gather myself together, I would appreciate it were you to try and explain a) why Adams is morally decayed and b) how he can be billed as a terrorist scumbag in today's world.
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Ah well, the opportunities are sadly few and far between, but when they do come up, it's always a good laugh.
Good. What fun can military service be without the opportunity to rape and use babies in sacks for bayonet practice?

Yours Sincerely,

Colonel "Mad Dog Howie" Tulodogo
People's Patriotic Congolese Army
InArduisFouette
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
the statements made by the Op do nothing other than to reinforce the links between Sinn Fein and the the Proscribed Groups that that so asiduously maintain that they are not part of despite evidence to the contrary.
FiveFiveSix
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Good. What fun can military service be without the opportunity to rape and use babies in sacks for bayonet practice?

Yours Sincerely,

Colonel "Mad Dog Howie" Tulodogo
People's Patriotic Congolese Army
Exactly! I mean, sometimes it's so hard to source the babies for the bayonet practice. It's really quite difficult you know, first you have to find a girl, rape her, then look after her and keep her fed and healthy for 9 months, and after all that the baby only lasts about 3-4 practice runs before you need a fresh one.

So much effort! :woo:
FiveFiveSix
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by srwences)
My natural reaction to that indicting sweeping statement is one of shock. However, having managed to gather myself together, I would appreciate it were you to try and explain a) why Adams is morally decayed and b) how he can be billed as a terrorist scumbag in today's world.
I can just imagine you sitting at your computer getting all bug-eyed.

Did you perchance utter a startled 'begorrah!' too?

:rolleyes:
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (123)
18.36%
No (406)
60.6%
Not really bothered about them (141)
21.04%

Watched Threads