Turn on thread page Beta
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I didn't tell you what your opinions were, I told you what it seemed like. I'm sorry that you were offended by that post. and now you seem defensive...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YoSuis)
    Slightly off topic, but I've seen your posts kicking about TSR, and they inspired me to find out more....anyway long story short, I know which way I'll be voting when the time comes

Not to be an arse or anything, but you've been inspired to sit on the fence?:p:

ReputationRep:
    Speaker, what is the liberal democrats stance on the nationalisation of Northern Rock? Was it successive? What would you have done differenly.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by podgeykins)
    Speaker, what is the liberal democrats stance on the nationalisation of Northern Rock? Was it successive? What would you have done differenly.
    firstly, its me, not the speaker you need to talk to This is more of an economics question. Im not vain or proud enough to pretend I know enough about economics to answer this question, so I shall leave that one to my spokesperson for the economy.

Personally I supported the by out, Though think it could have been handled better.

This is optional, But would you kindly inform us who is the economic spokesman and what is the shape of your cabinet

ReputationRep:
    Okay,

What's the Liberal Democrats stance on the recent "Terrorist Attacks" in Northern Ireland? And how would they plan on how to tackle the aftermath, if this became a serious issue.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Like all parties the lib dems condem the terrorists. The hero's of northern ireland that day are the policemen and all those fighting terrorism. Violence cannot damage Northern Ireland's resolve, and will not be allowed to. Current stratergy is working, but we face an IRA that is now not seeking the freedom of ireland, but is now an organised crime gang.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Matthew_Lowson)
    This is optional, But would you kindly inform us who is the economic spokesman and what is the shape of your cabinet
    hebe001 is our economic spokesperson (our very own vince cable :nod:) but is so far the only cabinate minister for the lib dems. My thoughts were only to create a cabinate if we were official opposition or government, but I have been persuaded otherwise, and as such will be recruiting more people into lib dem spokesperson positions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DayneD89)
    Like all parties the lib dems condem the terrorists. The hero's of northern ireland that day are the policemen and all those fighting terrorism. Violence cannot damage Northern Ireland's resolve, and will not be allowed to. Current stratergy is working, but we face an IRA that is now not seeking the freedom of ireland, but is now an organised crime gang.
    I would also like to echo the question of the Tory deputy leader and ask who are the Lib Dem spokespersons for what. Yes I know hebe is for economics but what about home affairs? justice? work and pensions? education? foreign affairs? northern ireland?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Our cabinate is only just being formed untill this time we have worked together on all issues, as such at this time we only have one spokesperson.

ReputationRep:
    Our cabinate is only just being formed untill this time we have worked together on all issues, as such at this time we only have one spokesperson.
    Then that means that hebe answers economic questions and u answer everything else? :p:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by davireland)
    Then that means that hebe answers economic questions and u answer everything else?
    Indeed, though any member is allways welcome to post his or her thoughts on a bill anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Does the D Man Believe that Britain should house more prisoners of Guantanamo?

ReputationRep:
    Indeed, though any member is allways welcome to post his or her thoughts on a bill anyway.
    Can I ask on how ur leadership campaign is going, have u beaten the challenge yet?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I am compleatly against guantanamo, and think that while we have no jurisdiction over non-UK related prisoners, I am glad all UK prisoners are now released. All UK prisoners should stand trial here, and should not be held in a place such as guantanamo.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Can I ask on how ur leadership campaign is going, have u beaten the challenge yet?
    the voting ends tuesday. I will not say by how much I am winning, but It does seem I shall win.

Hang on, dont tell me just two months in and they're sick of you :P

In other words why the challenge?

ReputationRep:
    the voting ends tuesday. I will not say by how much I am winning, but It does seem I shall win.
    Good, that means your winning by alot if youre confident u are going to win. Its nice to see a party so behind their leader
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Matthew_Lowson)
    Hang on, dont tell me just two months in and they're sick of you :P

In other words why the challenge?
    keep up to date man! this has been about 2 weeks in the working. I called what was effectivly a VonC against myself.

Good, that means your winning by alot if youre confident u are going to win. Its nice to see a party so behind their leader
    I was allso confident before the vote started, and I was odviously not winning by a lot then.

ReputationRep:
    firstly, its me, not the speaker you need to talk to This is more of an economics question. Im not vain or proud enough to pretend I know enough about economics to answer this question, so I shall leave that one to my spokesperson for the economy.

Personally I supported the by out, Though think it could have been handled better.
    podgeykins is technically right, you do address the speaker rather than any individual member of the House. That is a piece of etiquette that in general we cba with though

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.