Turn on thread page Beta

Is drinking alone really that bad? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aack)
    My argument:

1) Drinking alone saves you money that would otherwise be spent on pub/club entry and inflated prices of drinks.
    2) I like just listening to music whilst drinking, getting thoughts in my head a little clearer etc.
    3) Generally, alcohol causes people to be abusive or another negative action, which is easily avoided if you drink alone - you don't risk people trying to fight you, nor do you risk offending/falling out with people.
    4) You're not adding to the "Booze Britain" culture.
    1) You don't have to pay to get in many pubs and clubs, and when their are special offers on you can get drinks for just as cheap in some of the better places. Or you can drink before you go and then finish up there?
    2) You can have some friends round and do the same perhaps?
    3)Err some people may become abusive - I don't know anyone who does though - and if you can fall out by just getting drunk surely its not too strong a friendship is it?
    4)You don't have to go out somewhere .... and you can still go out and people won't judge you - you really think as long as you are sensible you are adding to it? No, I don't think so ....

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.