Turn on thread page Beta

Events you will NEVER forget watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I dont remember anything about Diana's death. Am I weird?

ReputationRep:
    I remember watching the second plane hit live during the 9/11 attacks. Was sat in an English class like :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosie9391)
    Being greeted in Zambia by hundreds of kids running up to me with the sound off the african choir filling the hall
    Literally standing on the edge of Victoria falls and seeing the amazing gorge formation and rainbow, again on my Zambian trip with school :0
    Sailing around the west coast of scotland for a week - seen whales, dolphins, a shark, amazing sunsets, tobermory, eigg and a night sail in force seven winds.

However, the day i got told my granny might not be here in the morning - the words have never left my head.
    Trip to Zambia with school :eek:

Im not jealous, our trip to the local land fill site was amazing

ReputationRep:
    I remeber where I was when I heard Princess Diana was dead. The whole family had just arrived back in Gatwick airport from our holiday to Florida and we were in a taxi, I was leaning forward over the seats to try to hear the radio better...wow...I had no idea I remembered that moment so well until now :s

I also remember 9/11, but strangely enough I don't remember 7/7 so well. I know I was in school, but not much more than that. I guess it was because I was in school that it was so vague, there were lots of different versions going around of what had happened.

Oh, on a happier note I also remember the moment that man Utd got the treble in '99

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FyreFight)
    No? What kind of adult man grabs an 11 year old girl by the scruff of their neck?
    Glad I'm not the only one who feels that way. One good thing that came out of it is that it taught me how not to treat children... the way it made me feel scared... i never want to make a child feel like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snookercraze)
    Do you mean 7/7?
    Yes, cheers!
    Will change that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz)
    when i first blew my load. What a shock that was
    this :coma:

ReputationRep:
    The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert.

ReputationRep:
    Won't anyone remember Obama's election?

I guess if it were in the UK it would have stuck with us.

ReputationRep:
    Various romantic mishaps. The epic 2004 family trip to the United States. My first day at uni. Having a cracking race at the English Schools' Cross Country in 2007. Getting my GCSE and A-level results.

ReputationRep:
    News wise: death of princess diana, 9/11 was round a friends house and just remember the pictures being played over and over again, 7/7.

personally: coming home from school to find my parents and grandad sat quietly and knowing my nan had died, finding out my auntie had died, myu bf asking me out, going to africa and just saying goodbye to the community project and seeing over a 100 children singing and dancing, finding out my dad had cancer, finding out his chemo wasnt working, being asked if we wanted to resusitate. the last 3 particularly.

ReputationRep:
    Uhmmm year 11 school leavers prom. Worst night of my life.

I was ill. Went dosed up on God only knows what different cold & flu relief things. Was in serious pain cos I'd kinda slipped down the stairs and hurt my back (it was already aching from the fever anyway - this just made it a billion times worse) and so on and so forth. Twas pretty horrible if I'm honest. Then I ended up in A&E that night too because I dislocated my knee (which I had broken 3 years earlier too) and it'd been fine til then since the surgery! And the reason for that? I'd bought these cheap *apparently really smart* shoes for the night. And they were so tight (really really easy to get on, but not off as I found out!) I couldn't get the left one off and dislocated my knee.

Nuff said.

That and the time I screwed up my arm on a bouncy castle aged 10.

Then 9/11

First day at Secondary School

First day at College

3 weeks from mid December 2008-January 2009

Lunchtime today...

Wednesday afternoon.

The first time a girl said "I love you" to ma face w00t!! :woo:

Yeah - that's bout it.

ReputationRep:
    fritzl
    Gaza
    Obama

all in recent years--i'm too young to remember anything else. obviously that's excluding personal things, and more personal things yet to come, i hope.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsi101)
    fritzl
    Gaza
    Obama

all in recent years--i'm too young to remember anything else. obviously that's excluding personal things, and more personal things yet to come, i hope.
    You cant be that young.

ReputationRep:
    Won't anyone remember Obama's election?

I guess if it were in the UK it would have stuck with us.
    of course

me being in england had no effect whatsoever; in fact i was probably more excited than some dude i talk to that lives in america!

ReputationRep:
    9/11/2001.
    08/15/2008. Partying with Air Force One Flight Crew.

ReputationRep:
    You cant be that young.
    well things like diana and stuff
    not something that stuck..since i was what...5?

ReputationRep:
    9/11 - watching the breaking news when I got home from school.

July 7th bombings - our history class was just us listening to the news on the radio.

Having to go to work just before Obama's inauguration speech

Btw that picture of the Ka'ba is really beautiful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsi101)
    well things like diana and stuff
    not something that stuck..since i was what...5?
    9/11, 7/7, the 2004 Tsunami??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nolongerhearthemusic)
    9/11 - watching the breaking news when I got home from school.

July 7th bombings - our history class was just us listening to the news on the radio.

Having to go to work just before Obama's inauguration speech

Btw that picture of the Ka'ba is really beautiful
    Thank you... it really is beautiful.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.