What is wrong with people in this country? Watch

This discussion is closed.
ticklemeellen
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by 4G_dollars)
I do agree, there is an alarming number of people who lack manners. Frankly they need to be shot.
When I drive, I stop at the zebra crossing, most of the time they just walk across without acknowledging that I stopped. I feel like running them over. **** me off big time. They could say thank you.
You want them to thank you for obeying the rules of the road? I think that's different from giving some stranger in their car the finger.

Yes, some people are just rude and have no idea what good manners are or how to function as a polite member of society.
WebTechGlobal
Report 8 years ago
Well its simple, we don't live in a civilised world. Most people just pretend or dream about doing so. Don't ever live in a city if this really gets your back up because you'll go crazy.

Oh and whats with this...

(Original post by SovietRussiaFH)
Is everyone like this nowadays, or is it limited to the working classses?
When does class determine come into human behaviour? You should try sitting outside the job centre with that attitude and see how many friends you make with the "None Working" class, put things into perspective about which class is a bigger risk to you and your vehicle I think!
rajandkwameali
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by SovietRussiaFH)
I was driving out of the University car park a few days ago, nothing unusual there, and on my way out a group of about 7 students had just crossed the road about 15 meters ahead of me, I didn't recognise or know any of them.

Then as I got nearer to them, a scruffy looking boy at the back of the group seemed to discretely gave a rude hand gesture in my general direction :confused:

What the **** is wrong with people? doesn't anyone have any manners or decency anymore?

I didn't even know who the **** he was.

Is everyone like this nowadays, or is it limited to the working classses?
You lose if you let them bother you.

Man up and dust yourself down and move on.
rajandkwameali
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by 4G_dollars)
I don't even know where to begin but it all boils down to manners. How would you feel if some one randomly gave you the middle finger like the situation of the author of this thread?

I get stressed because of the lack of manner. I gave you the example of the zebra crossing.

What does OP stand for? Does anyone know?
this is part of the human condition.

In that nobody owes you squat. People can shout at you, harass you, even hit or assault you, and they hold a right to do it.

It is your blood pressure that goes up, thus damaging your health, if you get stressed about what total strangers do to you.
rajandkwameali
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by hannah_dru)
That's just dodgy people for you. They think it's cool. I live near two schools back home so this happens a lot. At uni level people should be more mature though.
they clearly don't respect you, so what is the issue?
hannah_dru
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by rajandkwameali)
they clearly don't respect you, so what is the issue?
Old post!! It doesn't even happen anymore.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (279)
27.51%
No (735)
72.49%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed