Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by squeak)
    I love this one:

isn't he something?

i just chose a couple of him looking esp. cheeky...but his best work is truly great!

ReputationRep:
    His DNA shouldn't be taken for god sake, its petty vandalism at worst..

Keep getting rid of our civil liberties at this rate, and we'll have none left if Labour get relected.

ReputationRep:
    all the policemen i've encountered are pretty lenient and forgiving if you are cooperative and polite, then just give you a talking to and let you go, he must have been acting like a tosser.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joluk)
    His DNA shouldn't be taken for god sake, its petty vandalism at worst..

Keep getting rid of our civil liberties at this rate, and we'll have none left if Labour get relected.
    if he is the kind of person i imagine, what if he commits more serious acts of damage i nthe future? his DNA would be useful to use against him ?

though i am geenrally against dna databases

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k823127)
    Yep, they asked him to stop and he didn't, he carried on in front of them, totally disregarding them and they cautioned him. He was stupid enough to be caught doing it again few days later and once again didn't listen.

Also wouldn't surprise me if he started quoting stuff to them, from his collection of liberal crap that he shoves in most people's faces.
    See at first, I thought "Jesus H. Christ, that's ridiculous" but then reading it they did have a point. If they'd arrested him purely for writing in chalk, then that's ridiculous. But they didn't arrest him until after having given him a warning to stop. He disobeyed the warning so fair enough.

My dad had his DNA and fingerprints taken because our dog jumped up at a kid (the kid was all up in our dog's face and he doesn't like strangers, he didn't bite or leave any mark), and the kid's parents reported my dad to the police for not controlling his dog. He now has a formal caution on his criminal record, because some stupid parents didn't teach their kid not to go up to dogs you don't know. And what use was taking my dad's DNA and fingerprints? Wouldn't it be more useful to take the dog's DNA, pawprints and dental impression, so if someone else claimed the dog "attacked" them, there'd be evidence? It's not my dad who's going to leave DNA/fingerprint evidence on the "victim".

Regarding the chalk, I saw on Paul Merton in China that the Chinese police are so strict that no-one uses chalk. They "graffiti" by painting water onto the dry ground, so there's no lasting evidence.

ReputationRep:
    well the policemen told him to stop.. and he just carried on, totally dis-respectful.
    Dont know what hes moaning about, bet he will listen to the police now haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joel-M)
    well the policemen told him to stop.. and he just carried on, totally dis-respectful.
    Dont know what hes moaning about, bet he will listen to the police now haha
    Highly doubt it, he's invited everyone along to his court case. Woo party. or not. He's an idiot. end of.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sam.hunton)
    Thing is, as he has been charged, the magistrate MUST convict him for the offence if it has been committed. It WOULD be classed as criminal damage as it would cost the council to have it removed, even if a very small cost. Therefore, not only was the arrest petty, but now he will have a conviction of criminal damage.
    If you don't want convicted, don't commit crimes in front of policemen. Simple.

(Original post by Nuffles)
    The kids playing games in the street, they're CHILREN, doing nothing malicious or harmful in any way what-so-ever. The uni student, silly maybe for carrying on when they told him to stop, but it's absolutely insane that he's being put on trial for it.
    Children over the age of criminal responsibility don't get special treatment: they know the difference between right and wrong.

AS for the student fellow: so what? Trials are what happen when you commit crimes. It won't exactly be a difficult one - it'll take all of two minutes, most likely.

ReputationRep:
    I just don't understand people like this guy. Some PCSOs came across him writing stuff on the pavement in chalk and asked him to stop. You can't have people writing what they want whenever they want on the pavements: sure, its not a massive issue, but it is basically graffiti. Its counts as anti-social behaviour in my books.

He didn't, so he got arrested. What is wrong here?

I have absolutely no sympathy for people who are ****s and don't comply with perfectly reasonable police requests. I hope he has to spend some time cleaning graffiti as punishment.

ReputationRep:
    ...they sort of made his point better than he ever could

ReputationRep:
    It looks as though somebody wants to be a martyr!

ReputationRep:
    I agree entirely. They asked him to stop, he didn't. However petty, it was a crime, he was given a chance, and blew it, he does deserve everything he gets.

From what I have read he has already been charged meaning the CPS have already agreed to prosecute.

ReputationRep:
    Soo stupid! Have the police nothing better to do?!

ReputationRep:
    Do people understand how the police work? Serious crimes get investigated, usually by CID or CIT or similar. Response teams respond to all 999 calls, and you also have officers that patrol on foot/cars etc. They can only deal with what they know about. Every crime they know about they deal with to the best of their ability.

They are also there to improve everyones quality of life. That means dealing with ALL crime. If they ignore this and let him take the piss out of them by continuing, where do they draw the line? Every offence should be dealt with in some form, in whichever form is most appropriate at the time, not how is reported by the media.

ReputationRep:
    why is everyone saying that the guy deserved it because he was being disrespectful
    surely its the job of the police to catch "bad guys"
    and our parents to teach us manners
    you wouldnt get arrested for being disrespectful to a bin man, or a teacher even, so wtf
    power trip!

ReputationRep:
    No not really. The police are there for a reason. They have the power in order to deal with all offenders. A power trip would be to arrest without asking him to stop.

He was asked and failed to respond. You clearly don't understand. It is anti-social behaviour. Something im sure you would be on the phone to the police about if they were drawing on your door, the your pavement. The fact it was in public was immaterial.

Guess who has to pay for the council to clean that up? Us. Therefore he deserves it.

ReputationRep:
    Lmao. What a waste of time.

ReputationRep:
    and how much would it cost "us"
    5p?

ReputationRep:
    or...
    that stuff called, what is it?...
    rain
    that could fall

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliphatic)
    That's actually ridiculous. Police time could be much better spent.

This :/

It's CHALK for ***** sake.

Poll
Are you chained to your phone?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.