Turn on thread page Beta

If you could speak to your 10 year old self. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Man up!!!

Yup, that phrase neatly condenses all the useful bits of advice i could give my ten year old self.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say:

"I know it feels like the Power Rangers are the only good thing in the world right now, but there's much more to life. Wrting is the way forward for you, but don't let it dominate you at the expense of a social life. High school is gonna suck, and so will most of the pupils. But don't isolate yourself too much, because you'll regret it in a few years to come. Everyone is superficial in a way, and it's better to have loads of ****** friends at school than one or two friends with principals...who turn out to be just as ****** when you leave."

ReputationRep:
    "Have more confidence, and don't let people walk all over you."
    "*is very very confused*"

ReputationRep:
    Don't drink until your at least 16, don't give a **** about what people think of you, don't **** up your Oxford application and get an A in English.

ReputationRep:
    'Hey you look like me!'

ReputationRep:
    "Don't be like me."

ReputationRep:
    'Put all of your savings on a black man becoming president of the US in 2009'

ReputationRep:
    "pay attention at school you idiot"

"stop listening to the spice girls they suck"

"try to get on with mum"

"save your pocket money for uni"

ReputationRep:
    Keep playing the violin and start singing lessons/not being afraid of singing. However, I've tried passing my wisdom onto my younger sister and she doesn't listen so i doubt i would have :-S

ReputationRep:
    1. stop eating all that junk food and go exercise
    2. your parents will divorce soon, and when they start blaming you for it, ignore them
    3. scream everytime you talk, because if you think you're being loud, to other people it'll be normal volume

Some cautionary words to avoid a future endeavour (or at least, delay); everything else would follow. I'd then offer them a Pidgeot in exchange for their Charmeleon and lament upon the Champions League failings of Manchester United.

ReputationRep:
    Don't waste your money on rubbish...you will need it 7 and a half years down the line =[

ReputationRep:
    'Chill the **** out, you stress too much about nothing. And don't see the Watchmen movie. You will read the graphic novel, it will be fantastic and you'll love it. But the movie will ruin it for you, honestly. Also, don't EVER interfere with your friends business. A relationship is for the people concerned to deal with. You are NOT a moral crusader, you are NOT above everyone else and you should leave them to it lest ye lose one of your best friends over nothing.'

ReputationRep:
    There's little I can do; it's already too late.

Otherwise perhaps a "Stick with the maths, kid."

ReputationRep:
    Maybe it's already happened

ReputationRep:
    I'd tell her to stop hiding and be more outgoing, that she should work a lot harder in school and not to get too attached to anyone as she'd be leaving them in 3 years to england. She should be nicer to her sister

ReputationRep:
    Never regret.
    It will all, for better or worse, turn out right in the end.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    For crying out loud, boy, pay attention and do your maths.

Not awfully original, I know.

ReputationRep:
    heres how you roll a joint

ReputationRep:
    It's funny what a bunch of patronising ***** you are to your 10 year old self

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.