Facebook is being flooded with "R.I.P Jade Goody" Watch

Jordan1990
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Cupid Stunt)
Now I know it's a sad occurance and I feel for her and her family, especially it being on Mothers day.

But what's with random people writing this, these same people were most likely calling her racist scum not long ago. They don't even know her, why does nobody else apart from people in magazines get RIP status updates?

I know it's respect etc. I just think it's lame, there's loads of people that I've never met that die each day. I feel like finding a complete random person on the internet that has died today, and wishing him/her a rest in piece thingy. lolz
It's not hurting anyone so why should it matter?
Jasper.Paterson
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I find 'R.I.P' strangely vulgar.
Cupid Stunt
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I didn't know the Prime Minister was doing tribute shizz, that's a bit silly in my opinion. I swear the world is turning a bit retarded.

It's all dumbass girls that have been posting it, probably one person started it now they all feel the need to write it.
WhatTheFunk
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
i like the part when more important stuff will be in the news

yes its sad she die, she has kids, but doesn't affect me, so i don't care
Christien
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Yeah, I hate how everyone on facebook simultaneously posts these annoying messages. I also hate the 'millions of people die each day' argument, because it's over-used and not really valid anyway; if I heard about anyone dying that isn't a monstrous psychotic childbanger I'd be upset and I'd like to think other people would be as well. Maybe that's just my misplaced faith in humanity though.
RightSaidJames
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by sammyrj)
Showing sympathy for someone in the public eye, who has died from cancer at an age that nobody should, constitutes a 'bad' friend?
She was generally disliked by the general public until it was discovered she had cancer. The same cannot be said of people such as Diana, Linda Smith, Humphrey Lyttleton...
L i b
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Jordan1990)
It's not hurting anyone so why should it matter?
Because it's shameful and embarrassing.

(Original post by Jasper.Paterson)
I find 'R.I.P' strangely vulgar.
Of course. It's all part of this cheapened 'it's all such a drama' approach to death that seems to have taken hold in modern Britain. Pathetic, egotistical nonsense.
Christien
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Cupid Stunt)
I didn't know the Prime Minister was doing tribute shizz, that's a bit silly in my opinion. I swear the world is turning a bit retarded.

It's all dumbass girls that have been posting it, probably one person started it now they all feel the need to write it.

Yeah, you'd think he'd have other priorities tbh.
sdt
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Tyrotoxism)
Get!! Sickipedia has crashed.
As expected but this is really annoying. Primarily because I wanted to see all the jokes about her. It's Mother's Day, someone out there needs to piss themselves and deliver photographic evidence.
sammyrj
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
You're right, it doesn't hurt anyone. I really don't see what the problem is. I'm sure people a bit older than us, who 'connected' with Natasha Richardson in her heyday, were really upset when she died. I don't see why the 'Facebook generation' aren't allowed to be upset too.

What worries me more is the sort of blood lust that's possible on Facebook; the whole Baby P situation was disgusting and the hateful groups and comments towards his parents made me feel sick.
Cupid Stunt
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
(Original post by Christien)
Yeah, you'd think he'd have other priorities tbh.
Maybe he just wants to get in the latest fashion magazines... Start off a modelling career.
TheLouisVuittonDon
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
do you like repeating what everybody else is saying?
Allyx
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
What she has done for cervical cancer awareness has been amazing, as someone mentioned tests are up 25 percent because of her, young girls are actually discussing the disease when before we knew nothing about it, my friends mother works as a smear test nurse and has never been as busy.

For this, Jade should be applauded because she has probably saved a number of lives of women who would never have gone to get the test.

And also, anyone who says they wouldnt try to get every last penny for their children that they could before they died is a liar.
sammyrj
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by RightSaidJames)
She was generally disliked by the general public until it was discovered she had cancer. The same cannot be said of people such as Diana, Linda Smith, Humphrey Lyttleton...
She was generally liked before the Shilpa Shetty incident though (which I personally think was down to stupidity rather than any conscious racism).

And so what if she was generally disliked? Are we not allowed to feel sorry for someone who was disliked for being a bit thick? It's not like she was an awful person.
GΣΣЌ
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Although it is deeply saddening to hear of anybody passing away, I don't agree with the attention Jade Goody is recieving. I think we should pay respect to her as we would for any ordinary person, and I think in her case she should be considering herself fortunate that people are actually saddened by it. After all, she has brought our British society to shame and was responsible for misrespresenting our culture and how we embrace others. She's a reality tv star, known all for the wrong reasons. Had she not been suffering, the majority would have still been speaking ill of her.
Tyrotoxism
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by sdt)
As expected but this is really annoying. Primarily because I wanted to see all the jokes about her. It's Mother's Day, someone out there needs to piss themselves and deliver photographic evidence.
I suppose the delay will allow for the crap jokes to be buried and the funniest ones to appear under "best of today".

What would be funny is if she didn't really die but is now hiding in a cave with Tupac and Bin-Laden and all three of are planning a "back from the dead" tour in early 2010 (but not too early in-case they clash with the MJ tour dates); I'd buy tickets.
Jordan1990
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by L i b)
Because it's shameful and embarrassing.
Who is it embarrassing?
sammyrj
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Jordan1990)
Who is it embarrassing?
The British, of course! We're supposed to keep some dignity and a stiff upper lip.

:l
nadiah
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It's sad that she died, and she did do something good (made loads of people got and get screened) but the whole thing was just made ridiculous by newspapers. Loads of people die of cancer, I think some people need to remembe
L i b
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Allyx)
What she has done for cervical cancer awareness has been amazing, as someone mentioned tests are up 25 percent because of her, young girls are actually discussing the disease when before we knew nothing about it, my friends mother works as a smear test nurse and has never been as busy.

For this, Jade should be applauded because she has probably saved a number of lives of women who would never have gone to get the test.
She didn't choose to get cancer, and she'd never lifted a finger in aid of cervical cancer before she got it herself. She's 'saved' nobody - any increase in testing is simply a side-effect of her seeking money and fame.

(Original post by sammyrj)
She was generally liked before the Shilpa Shetty incident though
By whom?

And so what if she was generally disliked? Are we not allowed to feel sorry for someone who was disliked for being a bit thick? It's not like she was an awful person.
She wasn't just thick, she was vicious, unpleasant, vulgar and idle.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1111)
79.07%
Leave (294)
20.93%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed