Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kyuuki)
    who sed jesus existed?
    About a billion Christians worldwide I suppose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edders)
    they still managed to put a lot of other nasty bigoted stuff in though
    Please do elaborate rather than giving these meaningless one-liners.

ReputationRep:
    who sed JESUS exists:BILLONS OF CHRISTIANS AND MUSLIUNS AROUND THE WORLD

Is JESUS black? the answer is no because JESUS or isah as it is mensioned in the koran states that all three major world religons (jewish , Christian and Islam) all started out in the middle east and prophet Moses , prophet jesus and prophet Muhammed were all of similar skin complection which i am assuming is that they were all Arab looking
    And all Arabs are not of all the same skin shade some being very light e.g. Egyptians ,iraqis ans serrians and some being a bit darker e.g. saudi aribians and Yemenies.

SO IN ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION JESUS WAS CERTAINLY NOT BLACK BUT CERTAINLY NOT WHITE EITHER HE WAS BROWN SKINNED HAPPY

(Original post by Samara)
    who sed JESUS exists:BILLONS OF CHRISTIANS AND MUSLIUNS AROUND THE WORLD

Is JESUS black? the answer is no because JESUS or isah as it is mensioned in the koran states that all three major world religons (jewish , Christian and Islam) all started out in the middle east and prophet Moses , prophet jesus and prophet Muhammed were all of similar skin complection which i am assuming is that they were all Arab looking
    And all Arabs are not of all the same skin shade some being very light e.g. Egyptians ,iraqis ans serrians and some being a bit darker e.g. saudi aribians and Yemenies.

SO IN ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION JESUS WAS CERTAINLY NOT BLACK BUT CERTAINLY NOT WHITE EITHER HE WAS BROWN SKINNED HAPPY
    Sorry to end your little arab delusions, but, assuming Moses and Jesus existed historically (and that’s a very big IF), they were Jews – and Jews are not Arabic or arab looking. And Mohammad was half-Jewish, irony of ironies.

BTW – isn’t “samara” the Buddhist term for the deluded mind?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gandalf)
    Sorry to end your little arab delusions, but, assuming Moses and Jesus existed historically (and that’s a very big IF), they were Jews – and Jews are not Arabic or arab looking. And Mohammad was half-Jewish, irony of ironies.

BTW – isn’t “samara” the Buddhist term for the deluded mind?
    LMFAO ROTF

jews are of similiar skin colour to arabs the whole continent of aisa are brownskined
    and prophet muhammed(pbuh) was not half jew as jewish is a religon not a colour he was actually arab

AND I DUNNO WHAT 'SAMARA' MEANS U TELL ME ?
    ITS MY MIDDLE NAME AND IT IS FOUND IN ALL OF THESE PLACES CHINA , AFRICA ,ARABIA AND RUSSIA

ReputationRep:
    Surely he would have had a slightly Arabic complextion if he was born in Bethlehem and ect. Some one asked if eh existed and I think they have found evidence that he was exucuted by the romans but there is no evidence that he is the Jesus related to in the Bible and no evidence that he was the son of god.

ReputationRep:
    It would be right that for alot of stories ie the most humble out of sight people who are seemingly the least important being the ones most likely to see the kingdom of heaven, however i think he would of probably of been lynched or enslaved. I think this not because of some influence from western view of the KKK but because blacks were being used by the roman empire in enmorous numbers and thus it would seem likely that anyone who was black would of been killed long before the transfiguration.

For those saying he wasnt the son of god, please provide some evidence that he wasn't. He might of, he might of not been however until you provide some evidence your point is worthless.

Jesus did exsist even roman historians acknowledge him, quite whether he was the son of God is debatable. And since I have no evidence either way i am not going to make a judgement on it.

ReputationRep:
    jesus wasnt black, thats politically incorrect. tony blair would rather you say ethnically diverse within a multicultural society :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speciez99)
    It would be right that for alot of stories ie the most humble out of sight people who are seemingly the least important being the ones most likely to see the kingdom of heaven, however i think he would of probably of been lynched or enslaved. I think this not because of some influence from western view of the KKK but because blacks were being used by the roman empire in enmorous numbers and thus it would seem likely that anyone who was black would of been killed long before the transfiguration.

For those saying he wasnt the son of god, please provide some evidence that he wasn't. He might of, he might of not been however until you provide some evidence your point is worthless.

Jesus did exsist even roman historians acknowledge him, quite whether he was the son of God is debatable. And since I have no evidence either way i am not going to make a judgement on it.
    Which Roman historians acknowledge him?

Of course "whether he was the son of God" is debatable. If we can't prove God's existance how can we prove God had a son called Jesus?

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=randdom]Surely he would have had a slightly Arabic complextion if he was born in Bethlehem and ect.QUOTE]

So, basically a wop then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShOcKzZ)
    interesting, was he?
    Well he certainly wasn't causasion (sp) Joseph Christopher, or Jesus as he is commonly known, was just another dark haired bloke with very tanned skin roaming a desert.

(Original post by Samara)
    LMFAO ROTF

jews are of similiar skin colour to arabs the whole continent of aisa are brownskined
    and prophet muhammed(pbuh) was not half jew as jewish is a religon not a colour he was actually arab

AND I DUNNO WHAT 'SAMARA' MEANS U TELL ME ?
    ITS MY MIDDLE NAME AND IT IS FOUND IN ALL OF THESE PLACES CHINA , AFRICA ,ARABIA AND RUSSIA
    I think that you're confusing olive-skinned (Spanish, Italian, Greek, Turkish, Jewish) with arabic-skinned (ie arabs).

And the Jews are a race, not just a religion. Mohammad's mummy was a Jew.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gandalf)
    I think that you're confusing olive-skinned (Spanish, Italian, Greek, Turkish, Jewish) with arabic-skinned (ie arabs).

And the Jews are a race, not just a religion. Mohammad's mummy was a Jew.
    Maybe i am very confused, but Jews obviously follow Judaism, which is def. a religion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    Maybe i am very confused, but Jews obviously follow Judaism, which is def. a religion.
    Not just a religion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    Which Roman historians acknowledge him?
    The following refer to Jesus and the Crucifixion

Tacitus (AD55-120).
    Josephus (AD37-100), (a Jewish historian).

ReputationRep:
    interesting, was he?

madonna seemed to think so, u seen her video for 'just like a prayer'. it doesnt matter if he was, the main thing is that i get to meet him in heaven!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    It is very confusing, and I may be wrong, but I think that there are may people who consider themselves secular Jews; ie Jews by race but not following or accepting the religion. There are certainly people today who consider themselves Jewish Christians, ie Jewish by ancestry and Christian by religion.

ReputationRep:
    interesting, was he?
    its amazing that not even one sentence in the whole bible that describes jesus' appearance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    its amazing that not even one sentence in the whole bible that describes jesus' appearance
    Not really, that was not what the Bible was for.

Remember that the New Testament was a set of writings collected for particular purposes; for perpetuating the religious message (once Christians realised that the Second Coming might not be imminent) and for use in the liturgy.

The books selected for the Bible are not all the oldest ones, or those written by the most important followers, but those selected by the Church because they best attest to the Church's teaching.

There are plenty of other books describing both Jesus' appearance and early life, and the practises of the very first Christians. Most of these are undoubtedly spurious; other are thought by almost all scholars to be authentic writings, some predating books in the Bible.
    However, Jesus' childhood deeds, nor his appearance, nor the way the first Christians prayed are essential matters to the faith; hence they have no place in the Bible

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OldMan)
    It is very confusing, and I may be wrong, but I think that there are may people who consider themselves secular Jews; ie Jews by race but not following or accepting the religion. There are certainly people today who consider themselves Jewish Christians, ie Jewish by ancestry and Christian by religion.
    Most Jews believe that you can be a Jew without following the Semite religion, this is probably because, as the Jews' current country is very new for them, they don't see themselves as Israelis, rather as Jews, Judaism is now more than a religion.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.