Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hackney, Tottenham, Wood Green, Brixton, Acre Lane, Peckham, Woolwich, Greenwich, Deptford, Lewisham, Barking & Dagenham.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by echo.echo)
    Why do you want to live in a really rough area might I ask?
    I live in the middle of such lovely boroughs as Peckham, Newcross, Brixton & Lewisham in South East London. Stabbing at the end of my road the other week.
    lol 3 out the 4 areas you mentioned I told him to go to.

ReputationRep:
    What's rough?

You want serious threat to your life rough? I can point you in the direction of a small number of estates in London and tell you who to say what to if you want some serious ITU time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mastermind`)
    That is where I live (Barking) and lived in Dagenham for a few years. It's not racist at all. I probably get more racism on TSR.

I just like to live on the edge - maybe see England from a different side. I mean I wanna go somewhere where I don't get killed. Somewhere rough enough for me to get a bit of abuse but somewhere good enough for me to have a good game of football with the lads. Stoke is the perfect place - they have a fantastic football team too.
    OK...well then just come & live in Peckham, hey you could live on that new estate that they're building after the shootings. You can then happily live life on the edge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChocoLoco)
    so many places in london, : Brixton, peckham, croyden, stockwell , hackney , edmonton, harlsden, kilburn etc!
    I live in Croydon currently, and it isn't that bad.
    Well, there was a stabbing on my highstreet, once...

There's this area in Woolwich/Greenwich that's really rough, apparently. Some woman nearly lost her head when my mum said she walked through it. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Hampstead, North London

ReputationRep:
    Glasgow, Easterhouse

/thread.

ReputationRep:
    Most areas are fine, it's just when you go into the estates...

ReputationRep:
    I've got to say, when I was walking around some parts of Belfast, I was a bit on edge.

I've been to quite a few "rough" parts of Scotland and never really found any problems. In my experience, the local wildlife seem to keep themselves to themselves unless you attract their attention.

ReputationRep:
    TSR - Chat forums. Loads of pedo's. :bawling:

(Original post by g_star_raw_1989)
    I've never been around there actually...
    Stick to going out in town... oceana, gatecrasher etc...
    Is Digbeth where all the Irish bars etc are at ?
    Not sure about Irish bars. I go there for Drum & Bass events at Custard Factory & Air.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deano88)
    I met this kid at uni from stoke. He had never seen a non-white person in real life before, only on TV.
    How cool is that!? :eek:

(Original post by echo.echo)
    OK...well then just come & live in Peckham, hey you could live on that new estate that they're building after the shootings. You can then happily live life on the edge.
    Nah I don't want them to go all Damilola on me. :no: Then again, Rio Ferdinand was born on one of the estates. :beard: Rio Rio Rio. :manutd:

ReputationRep:
    Within 10 minutes of driving into Liverpool, for the first time, I saw a man break into a car with a crowbar...In broad daylight :eek:

Kind of put me off applying to uni there...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deano88)
    I met this kid at uni from stoke. He had never seen a non-white person in real life before, only on TV.
    No chance.

+Lol at Stoke.

ReputationRep:
    peckham, dagenham, brixton, new cross, west croydon, bermondsey, penge etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SilkySmooth)
    If you're after racism then it has to be Barking & Dagenham, right?
    there were quite a few black/white fights in my school. having a black dad and white mum sort of came in handy at that point

ReputationRep:
    I grew up in Rowner (Gosport, Hampshire). It's a scum-hole, pretty much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jingers)
    lol 3 out the 4 areas you mentioned I told him to go to.
    Hackney, Tottenham, Wood Green, Brixton, Acre Lane, Peckham, Woolwich, Greenwich, Deptford, Lewisham, Barking & Dagenham.

heh great minds ehh?! Though I have to disagree with you on Greenwich, at least parts of it. I've had the joy of living in Greenwich, Peckham & Lewisham so far in my short life :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L i b)
    I've got to say, when I was walking around some parts of Belfast, I was a bit on edge.
    Out of interest, is it similar to the rough areas of London i.e. rough/run down looking estates with gangs of youths everywhere? Or just the general look of the place?

ReputationRep:
    Rochdale for sure.

I hate that town.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.