Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chiko 1001)
    They just look daft
    Only if you don't know how to wear them

I agree that sometimes they're just unoriginal.

ReputationRep:
    jade goody

ReputationRep:
    90210 - I just don't see the appeal of yet another generic, American high school drama.

There's also an obsession at my sixth form with having painted nails. It has to be really bright colours too - yellow, red, orange... I get asked about 10 times a day why i don't paint my nails, and they simply goggle at me in disbelief when i say it's because i don't like nail varnish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Champagne Supernova)
    Dr. f****** Who.

Waste of a BBC slot. :indiff:

Oh, god. I will rep you for coming forward and saying that. It's such tripe.
    It's not even remotely funny, so you can't laugh at the gags-a-second it spews out and because of that you also can't take it on any level of serious...ness. If I ever met that clown who resembles a nocturnal, woodland creature I'd punch him in the face. Twice. I'd also like to tell Billie Piper in person that she cannot sing OR act.

Right, time for the crap list to continue. PIRATES OF THE CARRIBEAN! One of the most financially successful series of films ever and definately some of the most emptyheaded films ever produced. Parents who dress their kid up as Jack Sparrow require a dry slap.

I'm sure there's a few Pirates fans bound to stumble across these words. If they have the time, I'd like them to briefly explain the story of that putrid trilogy to me.

ReputationRep:
    I wish nobody would like the things I like. I'm stupid like that. I want to like my own little things. As soon as something becomes very popular, I don't like it that much anymore. Silly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweet_candy_cane)
    i wish that boys didnt love football as much as they do!
    :ditto:
    it takes over their whole lives :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xwardax)
    :ditto:
    it takes over their whole lives :mad:
    I hate soccer:eek:

ReputationRep:
    The word, and the concept of randomness, and their image of themself as this crazy, kooky person. Unless you have Tourettes, no you probably aren't random. So you've eaten a load of sugar and now you're all hyper and random!1 No you aren't, you're full of delusions and E numbers.
    Grow up.

ReputationRep:
    celebrity gossip, i mean really, what is the point of it apart from exploiting the stupid and the pathetic. the national average IQ would raise several points if it didn't exist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natalie_xx)
    I am guilty. What is the reall stuff? Bands names..
    Los Campesinos!, The Long Blondes ( ), The Cribs, Pull In Emergency, The Rakes, Friendly Fires, Late Of the Pier...

A lot of these have been hijacked by Radio 1, but they're all amazing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThirstyForTea)
    And people who wear leggings, without a skirt over the top. It's like going outside wearing tights and a top. You look like a moron. Stop it!!
    I saw someone on the bus in these, they were black and see-through when the light hit them so her knickers were visible. Also, she had a hole in the back. Classy.

Erm, personally. I wish everyone didn't like soaps so much. They assume everyone watches them and if you don't then they feel the need to fill you in on what's happening - as if the characters are real people.

ReputationRep:
    Starbucks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NW86)
    Jack Nicholson
    :eek4:

I wish people wouldn't like cheap trashy newspapers. I think that would go a long way towards beginning to solve some of the mega issues we've got at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whitepearlbaby)
    I wish nobody would like the things I like. I'm stupid like that. I want to like my own little things. As soon as something becomes very popular, I don't like it that much anymore. Silly
    i think alot of people are like that, i dont like it when tv shows, bands i like get really popular.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by misslaurabee)
    + rep for you at midnight !
    They are amazing.

I mean have you heard what Jonas Brothers did yo Year 3000? They changed 'pretty fine' to 'doin' fine'. PROTEST I TELL YOU!

ReputationRep:
    im the opposite, i find something that i really like (whether its music, film, literally anything) but i can't find people who i can share my interests with

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imomo16)
    :eek4:

I wish people wouldn't like cheap trashy newspapers. I think that would go a long way towards beginning to solve some of the mega issues we've got at the moment.

Apart from folks over 60, I don't understand why any young people feel the need to buy any kind of newspaper? do they feel its part of grown-up life, or some nonsense? lol

Everything you need to know and more about the daily news is online.

ReputationRep:
    Doctor Who.
    Heroes.
    Travelling.
    Facebook, Twitter and the like.
    Skins.
    Coffee.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fran.ha)
    They are amazing.

I mean have you heard what Jonas Brothers did yo Year 3000? They changed 'pretty fine' to 'doin' fine'. PROTEST I TELL YOU!
    I heard about thirty seconds of it and then blocked the memory from my mind

I miss Busted. Met so many amazing people and had so many good times because of that band, haha. People underestimate the power of a boy band armed with guitars.

ReputationRep:
    My favourite seat on the bus.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 26, 2009
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.