Turn on thread page Beta

Should I buy World of Warcraft? watch

ReputationRep:
    No

ReputationRep:
    Very evil game. It claimed two years of my friends life...and I had some very boring evenings where he wouldn't put the game down for real life stuff.

ReputationRep:
    If you enjoy it, then why not I suppose? I'm toying with the idea, but I already have Guild Wars which I plan to start playing properly in the summer (no monthly fees), and I wonder what adding WoW will do to my social life...

ReputationRep:
    If you have no time committments any time soon - BUY IT.

ReputationRep:
    Its a good game. If you enjoy it buy it. But i advice u dont join a PvP server if your levelling, people just keep killing u while levelling and it gets boring. Do a normal server.

ReputationRep:
    dont buy this crap buy counterstrike source yeeeeee dats the one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annie354)
    If you have no time committments any time soon - BUY IT.
    hellooo helllo o annie ^^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1Mperios)
    dont buy this crap buy counterstrike source yeeeeee dats the one
    Thats also good, steam Nick?

ReputationRep:
    Realistically unless you're easily amused you'll get bored of it after 20 - 40 days, unless you really get into the social aspect perhaps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oxy)
    Thats also good, steam Nick?
    give me urs i will add you matey whats ur skill?

ReputationRep:
    I imagine half the people in this thread who replied 'NO JUST NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!11!11!' haven't played it. Just heard that horror stories that it can be really really addictive. It probably can, for people who don't know when to stop :p:

If youv'e enjoyed your experience of WoW thus far, then by all means start playing. You'll only get addicted if you're an idiot and let yourself get addicted. I've played it on and off for a year or so (the 'off' periods are usually when I'm at uni...and its a fun way to spend a rainy afternoon when there's nothing to do compared with, say, sitting on facebook or watching crap TV).

Having said that, if you're only going to play once a week or whatever for an hour or two, its probably not worth it as progress through the game will probably be slow and of course there's a subscription fee to pay. You don't need to be addicted to be getting your money's worth though.

Enjoy!

ReputationRep:
    hellooo helllo o annie ^^
    hello?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -G-a-v-)
    I imagine half the people in this thread who replied 'NO JUST NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!11!11!' haven't played it. Just heard that horror stories that it can be really really addictive. It probably can, for people who don't know when to stop :p:

If youv'e enjoyed your experience of WoW thus far, then by all means start playing. You'll only get addicted if you're an idiot and let yourself get addicted. I've played it on and off for a year or so (the 'off' periods are usually when I'm at uni...and its a fun way to spend a rainy afternoon when there's nothing to do compared with, say, sitting on facebook or watching crap TV).

Having said that, if you're only going to play once a week or whatever for an hour or two, its probably not worth it as progress through the game will probably be slow and of course there's a subscription fee to pay. You don't need to be addicted to be getting your money's worth though.

Enjoy!
    why not watch movie :P www.ovguide.com

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annie354)
    hello?
    :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -G-a-v-)
    I imagine half the people in this thread who replied 'NO JUST NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!11!11!' haven't played it.

I think I manged to level up a warlock to 37 but I was just going through the motions and didn't get into the social side of things. I just joined the game in an attempt to gain some time back with my friend who basically stopped going outside.

I say avoid for the sake of your friends if they don't play.

ReputationRep:
    Eve!

ReputationRep:
    trust me DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT BUY WOW. IT WILL WASTE AWAY YOUR LIFE, TIME, MONEY, HMM ETC ETC. I have lost a couple of friends who have not seen daylight in years, flunked school coz of WOW and even etc. Do not buy it --- Final Warning lol

ReputationRep:
    give me urs i will add you matey whats ur skill?
    Med/high but i dont play many mixes. Mostly pub, cba with the hassle nor am I in any clan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucinda_x)
    I had a 10 day trial and liked it; I played as a Night Elf Hunter. Just wondering, is it an easy game to pick up? I know it can be addictive (plus it's expensive) but it seemed really good. What do you guys play as? and what sort of server should you pick? I'm a complete noob so I don't really know anything about it.
    If you have any self respect: NO

If you are a bit of social freak with no friends and plenty of spare time + no other commitments: YES

Simple as

ReputationRep:
    I wouldnt consider myself the geeky type in the slightest, but when my friends introduced me to that game like 3 years ago I found myself completely addicted. Thankfully I finally managed to get out of it but it was, unbelivably, really tough. I wouldn't recommend it if you want to keep a healthy social life and the achievement of good grades.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.