Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    I'm into Blues, Rock, 80's Hair Metal, pop, R'n'B, Hip Hop, Folk, Jazz and Classical.

My faves are Black Sabbath, Alter Bridge, Within Temptation, HIM, 69 Eyes, Type O Neg, Mediaeval Baebes, Walter Trout, John Mayall and my ultimate fave atm is Oli Brown.
    HIM are awesome! Quite like Sabbath and Alter Bridge too!

Errrmm, i'm into all types of metal, rock, punk, ska, indie, alternative, hardcore, grunge, dance/electronice, industrial and some emo and pop! Basically whatever songs take my fancy.

(http://www.last.fm/user/MyLittleHalo)
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    90s cheese, ABBA and classical :yeah:

ReputationRep:
    Classic FM recently.. soothing. :borat:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    I'm into Blues, Rock, 80's Hair Metal, pop, R'n'B, Hip Hop, Folk, Jazz and Classical.

My faves are Black Sabbath, Alter Bridge, Within Temptation, HIM, 69 Eyes, Type O Neg, Mediaeval Baebes, Walter Trout, John Mayall and my ultimate fave atm is Oli Brown.
    :coma:
    Mediaeval Baebes are amazing.

I like a good mix in my music, something to match every mood. I'm not sure what genres i'd slap on it all, I find them a bit subjective.. I really like a bit of more ambient music right now, but even that is quite subjective, *sigh*. I guess as far as bands go, lately i've been listening to Bat For Lashes, Justice, Rage Against the Machine, Newton Faulkner (if only to get into the spirit for Latitude.. 3 months early), M83, Puscifer, Digitalism, Deftones, and.. Aesop Rock. But only one song. :awesome:

http://www.last.fm/user/vespira

ReputationRep:
    I'm into all sorts of music really, I'd kind of gone off indie but I've just started getting into The Virgins.. they're not bad and I liked the episode of gossip girl where all the music was by them. shame the lead singers going out with Peaches Geldof though. xx

ReputationRep:
    i listen to gays like sam sparrow
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Libertines
    kings of leon
    blood red shoes
    and some local music
    current most listened to.
    but not all time favourites.

ReputationRep:
    Antifolk
    Jazz
    Contemp
    New World
    Folk
    Pop

ReputationRep:
    Well the last albums I bought we're by Opeth and The Doors, but Im already gearing up for September 9th when The Beatles albums are being released having finally been digitally remastered!!

ReputationRep:
    ATM

Ikimono-gakari
    Dreams Come True
    Jazz Fusion (esp. some of the japanese outfits like TRIX, Casiopea, T-Square)
    DJ Shadow
    E.S. Posthumus
    Earth Wind & Fire
    Gamma Ray
    Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra

ReputationRep:
    Here's my top 15 artists from last.fm

Venetian Snares
    The Cure
    M83
    Cocteau Twins
    The Smiths
    My Bloody Valentine
    The Magnetic Fields
    Aphex Twin
    Slowdive
    Asobi Seksu
    Iron & Wine
    Explosions in the Sky
    ...And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead
    Sonic Youth
    65daysofstatic

Awesome. I don't meet many Cocteau Twins fans on TSR and I know they're out there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zKlown)
    I can imagine there's being tonnes of these threads around but seeing as I'm quite new(ish) to these forums. I listen to a bit of everything, alot of mainstream stuff but a bit of underground stuff too, mostly Hip-Hop/RnB stuff yeah but don't mind a bit of rock either

Top artists ATM (Modern day I'm assuming)

- Flo Rida
    - Soulja Boy (don't E-attack me please)
    - Tinchy Stryder
    - Gym Class Heroes

My all time favourites

- Eminem
    - Kanye
    - Dre
    - Linkin Park
    - Fort Minor (Mike Shinoda of Linkin Park)
    Wow how weird! Practically DITTO.
    Except, I love bands like BUSTED and Varsity aswell.
    And Jay Sean... Can't forget him :o:

ReputationRep:
    Everything :headfire:

ReputationRep:
    I'm into dubstep and drum and bass at the moment, particularly Chase & Status.

I'm mainly Alt Rock though, everything from Muse, Coldplay, Green Day, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Radiohead, Arctic Monkeys.

My favourite artist of all time is The Prodigy.

So quite a wide variety.

ReputationRep:
    pretty varied but generally:

rock (last 25 years, favourite band are oasis)
    indie (mainly only underground indie, mainstream indie at the moment is ******* horrific)
    dance (love trance and madchester, listen to all kinds of dance really though)
    garage
    old school hiphop and rap. nwa, public enemy, run dmc, de la soul etc.

favourite bands are oasis, the stone roses and the libertines.

ReputationRep:
    I like indie alternative stuff like Modest Mouse, The Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Radiohead, Bat for Lashes, MGMT, Empire of the Sun, Placebo, Elbow, Patrick Wolf, Interpol, The Cure, Cold War Kids, The Strokes, The Kills, Foals, Rage Against the Machine, The Smiths.
    But i love stuff I can dance too like Fat Boy Slim, LCD Soundsystem and Daft Punk.
    I also love occasionally dirrrty drum and base
    and tacky pop music like Britney and Lady GaGa
    AND ..D.I.S.C.O, such as things liek 'shes a super freak, super freak, shes super freaaaaky'

Bit of a variation lol.

ReputationRep:
    I like indie alternative stuff like Modest Mouse, The Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Radiohead, Bat for Lashes, MGMT, Empire of the Sun, Placebo, Elbow, Patrick Wolf, Interpol, The Cure, Cold War Kids, The Strokes, The Kills, Foals, Rage Against the Machine, The Smiths, Joy Division
    But i love stuff I can dance too like Fat Boy Slim, LCD Soundsystem and Daft Punk.
    I also love occasionally dirrrty drum and base
    and tacky pop music like Britney and Lady GaGa
    AND ..D.I.S.C.O, such as things liek 'shes a super freak, super freak, shes super freaaaaky'

Bit of a variation lol.

ReputationRep:
    Whatever
    But my faves now are Ramones, ebony bones, kate bush, enter shikari, ebony bones and a lot of 90s dance music.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Star*Guitar*)
    Absolutely everything but hardcore rock and some rap.
    So rave/dance/RnB/DnB/jazz/a bit of pop/classical etc...
    My iPod is mainly full of dance artists/compilations.
    exactly the same ^^

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.