Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MRLX69)
    I'm going to take a maths and economics degree and hopfully earn a lot in something (not sure what yet). I heard some of the highest paid professions are in actuarial science. Because maths is such a great transferable skill I hopefully won't end up jobless or with a job I can barely buy a house with (you know what I mean).
    What the hell is acturial science?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tednol)
    Taking into account all BA or BSc degrees, on average, the highest paid is clinical dentistry. The Masters degree which, on average, results in you getting the highest paid job is economics.

Interesting!
    this figure is for ten years after graduation. Dentists tend to get quite well paid initially, but their earnings will not increase that much over time. Twenty years after graduation I expect economists and probably lawyers and medics will have overtaken them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    What the hell is acturial science?
    lots of statistics, for calculating insurance..etc, amazingly well paid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CKS)
    lots of statistics, for calculating insurance..etc, amazingly well paid.
    But is it fun or mind numbingly boring?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vladek)
    But is it fun or mind numbingly boring?
    boring ofcourse otherwise why are they so high paid

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CKS)
    boring ofcourse otherwise why are they so high paid
    Exactly, i'd rather earn less and get something out of my job than do something like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vladek)
    Exactly, i'd rather earn less and get something out of my job than do something like that.
    Well i would do the opposite, as i dont find any work particularly interesting as all work becomes boring eventually imo

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.