Who listens to everything and doesn't limit Watch

Jeester
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Akkuz)
Aye, I listen to pretty much everything apart from heavy metal. :holmes:

No idea why people restrict themselves to a specific genre.
Why don't you listen to heavy metal?
synthpopx
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I listen to everything. It's annoying when 'hardcore rockers' think they're above you just because of their music taste.
omgmanthissucks
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by synthpopx)
I listen to everything. It's annoying when 'hardcore rockers' think they're above you just because of their music taste.
Exactly. I hate the cliques that form too.
Akkuz
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Jeester)
Why don't you listen to heavy metal?
I've tried to like it, but it just doesn't appeal to me. :no: I don't mind some of the 'softer' metal though.
=nuke=
Badges: 11
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Geritak)
But it's very difficult to know what to say when you're asked the straight question, 'What music do you like?', and your mental playlist throws up Iron Maiden, Oscar Peterson, Madina Lake, Grieg and the Gorillaz!
It's not a problem; you've just managed to name some artists there. :p: That's how most people respond to me, I've found. Instead of listing genres they'll list bands. That makes sense.
Hibz123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I listen to every genre especially indie and rock:woo:
Kelser
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I think saying you listen to "everything" or "anything" is a bit too vague. You could just say it's ecclectic... but always follow with some examples!

I could say I listen to "everything" (atlhough not technically true, because I'm not exactly a fan of gangsta rap), but I definitely have a preference for punk (as broad a term as that even is) and folk over the rest. My two favourite are Bob Dylan and Bad Religion. Both may sound completely different, but lyrically the points Dylan was making in the 60's might not be so different to what Bad Religon were on about in the 90's in a way. Each artist should be considered on their own merits and not put under the same umbrella as other artists in their "genre". Many artists cross genres (I hear Lilly Allen did some ska - I still need to hear this), so it's not always so simple to label them anyway.

I'm still not a fan of that brit-indie stuff mind ; or Coldplay. But I could listen to Mortiis, some irish fiddling and a bit of Ani Di Franco one after the other quite happily.
Geritak
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by =nuke=)
It's not a problem; you've just managed to name some artists there. :p: That's how most people respond to me, I've found. Instead of listing genres they'll list bands. That makes sense.
I don't do that in real life, though, lol. The question tends to throw me a little and I'll admit, I usually respond with 'Ooh, er... A bit of everything, really'. :o: partly because some of my favourite stuff is quite obscure, so even if I listed them, I'd just get blank looks.

One time, I just threw my iPod at the person in question and said 'If you like any of them, we'll talk about them'. Actually, that worked quite well - we chatted for about an hour about Rolf Harris!
=nuke=
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Geritak)
partly because some of my favourite stuff is quite obscure, so even if I listed them, I'd just get blank looks.
This is why it pays to have your MP3 player with you at all times. Stick your headphones in their ears and spread the love. :p:
wilkinson91
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
i listen to everything apart from proper hip hop the ones chavs drive past listening to on full blast, heavy metal and classical
Lucyyy
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'll give anything a try, never intentionally go for one genre. There's so much out there that if you are going to limit yourself, more fool you - you're just going to miss out of a hell of a lot of good music.

Can't say i've ever enjoyed any rap mind you, but hey.. there's plenty of time yet.
=nuke=
Report 9 years ago
If someone listens exclusively to chart stuff because they don't have the time or the interest to look elsewhere for their music, I don't see a problem there.

(Original post by Lucyyy)
you're just going to miss out of a hell of a lot of good music
Unfortunately that's the case no matter how many genres you might listen to. If your search is narrowed down, perhaps you're more likely to find something you like (rather than giving things a go for the sake of it).
Stray_talk
Report 9 years ago
I listen to what I like.

I listen to what people recommend me and sometimes I like and sometimes I don't.

You can't listen to everything and not limit, sillies :tongue:
=nuke=
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Stray_talk)
I listen to what I like.

I listen to what people recommend me and sometimes I like and sometimes I don't.

You can't listen to everything and not limit, sillies
omgz ur so closed minded!
Stray_talk
Report 9 years ago
Bite me blondie.

Also you did just make me realise I read it wrong. I mean to write you can't listen to everything - limiting is up to yoooou.
:tongue:
=nuke=
Report 9 years ago
ur just indecisive lol
el scorcho
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I like both the smiths AND morrissey

:creep:
=nuke=
Report 9 years ago
So? I like everything from Beyoncé to Destiny's Child.
Seanisonfire
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Pah that's so close minded. I like The Libertines and Babyshambles. Yeah. Told you.
=nuke=
Report 9 years ago
You win this round.

No. Wait. I listen to Shakira, Shakira featuring Beyoncé and Shakira featuring Wyclef Jean.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (342)
37.75%
No - but I will (72)
7.95%
No - I don't want to (64)
7.06%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (428)
47.24%

Watched Threads