What is Becks Beer? Watch

Profesh
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by azhao)
Worst beer ever.
I've always found Foster's to be perfectly agreeable, albeit rather sweet. Carling is perhaps the only lager I know of that can't be rendered inoffensive by a spell in a refrigerator; truly execrable.
Kelser
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
You can get a non-alcoholic version of Becks. Give it a sip.

I used to drink it all the time until I discovered Kronenbourg [which was then ousted by Corona]. They tend to sell becks on the cheap in bars and clubs though...
orionmoo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Tastes horrible from a bottle. On draught though, I have to say, it is very nice.
Better than that American piss in a bottle Bud, and Carling.. omg that stuff is disgusting.

I prefer Fosters personally.. All pubs do it on draught whereas I know of only 1 out of 7 pubs in my village do Becks... (although I haven't checked out all of them)
Kelser
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I think Fosters is really, really disgusting; whereas I quite like Bud. Draught is ALWAYS better than bottle though...
BitOfAnAlchy
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by punktopia)
That is not decent beer.

Try proper ales, or good European lagers.
I'm with you big guy
Do you like Badger beers?
azhao
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Kelser)
I think Fosters is really, really disgusting; whereas I quite like Bud. Draught is ALWAYS better than bottle though...
Yeah! :woo: :yep:
TruckBear
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Beck's is up there with Grolsch and San Miguel as one of my favourite beers. It's relatively plain but pure tasting - unlike most of the British lagers.
fox_amro
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
WTF I drink it or corona when i go out its very good:top: drink up.
Mrgd291190
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by LouLou815)
Bud is ok, however Budvar (the Czech version) is great!
(Original post by scotty01292)
Hmm, go figure! I just looked it up on wikipedia and apparently the american Bud's been around for longer. I was always led to believe Budvar was the original. You learn something new every day. Sorry about that!
IIRC The actual Budweiser Vs Budvar meant the American was around about ten years longer but the Czech town of Budweis has been brewing it for hundreds of years longer, Budvar is just the most famous brand.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budweis#Beer

I highly recommend the Pilsner beers, pale lagers. Main ones are Pilsner Urquell and Staropramen.
LouLou815
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Mrgd291190)
IIRC The actual Budweiser Vs Budvar meant the American was around about ten years longer but the Czech town of Budweis has been brewing it for hundreds of years longer, Budvar is just the most famous brand.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budweis#Beer

I highly recommend the Pilsner beers, pale lagers. Main ones are Pilsner Urquell and Staropramen.
Ahhh ok! I had no idea!

Will keep an eye out for Pilsner beers as well, haven't tried anything new for a while....
emmers1990
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I only drink it because it's cheap
codemonkey
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
There is a reason why they gave a crate of it away to you. I am quite strict with beer if theres only becks i'll rather drink water. Dunno why its so popular in germany when they've got the likes of edinger, franziskaner and and warsteiner *cant take it anymore....runs down to fridge*
Mrgd291190
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Ahhh ok! I had no idea!

Will keep an eye out for Pilsner beers as well, haven't tried anything new for a while....
Not a problem

They're quite nice, Staropramen is pretty common it's a bit...fruitier... a taste than the ones in Prague. But very nice :yep:
LouLou815
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Not a problem

They're quite nice, Staropramen is pretty common it's a bit...fruitier... a taste than the ones in Prague. But very nice :yep:
Well, i've checked and they do it in Tesco, so may get some later depending on what others decide to drink. If they do a single bottle though, i'll just get one!
thecdon
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by BitOfAnAlchy)
How can you say Boddingtons and John Smiths are decent? London Prides nice but i think you need your tastebuds checked if you like the other two.

I'm not afraid of moths

I dont mind Becks, its not great but i'll quite happily drink it.
Each to their own
Mrgd291190
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Well, i've checked and they do it in Tesco, so may get some later depending on what others decide to drink. If they do a single bottle though, i'll just get one!
Enjoy!
I think they do packs of four bottles...might be wrong
LouLou815
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Enjoy!
I think they do packs of four bottles...might be wrong
Could get them for the weekend then, it'll help me revise lol
username21537
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I quite like Becks, among the better of the bottled beers in my opinion.
WelshBluebird
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Becks is nice, Corona is better though. Like Kronenberg and bud too. Fosters is ok, usually drink it when I've already had a few drinks. Carling is generally bleh, but I'll drink it if its the only thing available.
Starting to get into ales a little bit now. Brains and Hobgoblin. :yep:
username156343
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I don't like it.

Even the Americans call it piss water. That's bad.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (378)
37.31%
No - but I will (77)
7.6%
No - I don't want to (71)
7.01%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (487)
48.08%

Watched Threads