Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    There are much easier ways than A levels to get into university.
    yeah, screwing the admissions tutor, for a start.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llama boy)
    yeah, screwing the admissions tutor, for a start.
    lol, there is that. I actually meant these AVCE things, and BMAT.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    lol, there is that. I actually meant these AVCE things, and BMAT.

BMAT? Am I going crazy - isn't that the medical admissions test? That's supposed to be really hard...?

ReputationRep:
    Chris woodhead is the **** but this time i think that he is right

ReputationRep:
    "Those that do 4 or 5 A-levels will take easy A-levels"

In my experience, most of the people who do 4 or 5 pick the traditionally trickier ones, e.g. I did english, economics, maths, f. maths and the (admittedly slightly dossy) I.T.

"If you can't do maths or a humanities subject, you clearly have no talent."

at maths or humanities, surely. There's quite a few other areas of human endeavour, you know.

"People nowadays are opting for A levels like psychology and Socialogy, the so called "easy" subjects. DO MATHS YOU SLACKERS!!"

It all depends on your talents. I did maths. I got an A. I would have been lucky to pass had I attempted, for example, a foreign language. That doesn't mean I'm thick, it means my talents lie in different areas to those of other people, and the same applies vice versa.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, well said. I think more people are doing 4 A-levels now than under the old system, but they are certainly not all going for easy options.

I did Biology, Chemistry, Maths and German. Don't think you could call any of them dossy, although I did find German ridiculously easy compared with the old syllabuses I had to practise on.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.