The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

You're teeth aren't bad. But it wouldn't do any harm for the near future to have braces put in. :smile:

Though if you don't, and looking at the picture, I don't think anyone would find your teeth as a put-off.
Anonymous
Hi, this probably sounds really silly but it's really affecting my confidence.
I feel my teeth are really horrible - they're not particularly straight, and my smile is wonky. One of my teeth on the top row grew further back than the rest, so when they're closed it's behind the bottom row of teeth, unlike the rest. I've also still got one baby tooth at the front (and I'm almost 19!) which is obviously smaller than the rest, and more stained than the rest too.
I was offered braces as a kid but I was told that they'd be for aesthetic reasons only, so being someone who hates the dentist, I decided it wasn't worth it for looks alone. Maybe I made the wrong decision, as most of my friends have had braces and so their teeth are nice and straight - I feel like the odd one out.
Is my smile really that bad? I feel pretty self concious about them, to the point where I worry about it when speaking to people, and I don't often smile in pics. Are my teeth bad enough to put people off dating me? I keep them as clean and as white as I can.

My Teeth

My teeth are yellow, stained, I have a big chip from my front tooth and my bottom teeth are completely out of alignment (i.e. one sticks out, one back, one out, one back).

Quit whining, there is barely anything wrong with them. Try having MY teeth.
Reply 42
Anonymous
I feel my teeth are really horrible - they're not particularly straight, and my smile is wonky. One of my teeth on the top row grew further back than the rest, so when they're closed it's behind the bottom row of teeth, unlike the rest. I've also still got one baby tooth at the front (and I'm almost 19!) which is obviously smaller than the rest, and more stained than the rest too.
I was offered braces as a kid but I was told that they'd be for aesthetic reasons only, so being someone who hates the dentist, I decided it wasn't worth it for looks alone. Maybe I made the wrong decision, as most of my friends have had braces and so their teeth are nice and straight - I feel like the odd one out.
Is my smile really that bad? I feel pretty self concious about them, to the point where I worry about it when speaking to people, and I don't often smile in pics. Are my teeth bad enough to put people off dating me? I keep them as clean and as white as I can.

My Teeth

your teeth had a good base but if you really want to improve them then your going to have to go dentist and get braces.

Seen lot worse in teens.
Reply 43
Anonymous

My Teeth

I had a brace and my teeth still look bad... one of my teeth (next to the big front ones) isn't a baby tooth but looks like it, it's really small (smaller than yours). I'm sure people don't notice your teeth, they look normal to me.
Reply 44
TBH, your teeth are very bad.

I'd hate to see what the teeth of those who say yours are OK compared to theirs. *shudder
always be kind to your dentist, because they have fillings too, haha!
Reply 46
your teeth are fine but personally i'd go for braces..1 year of embarrasement and you'll be done for the rest of your life! you have a great smile so don't think you'll have any problem..my cousin started wearing them when she turned 21!..so consider yourself young..if thats any help =D
Reply 47
I anticipated someone with dripping fangs or something equally hideous by the sound of your description!
They're pretty straight, I wouldn't have noticed anything wrong if you hadn't said.
Infact they look pretty normal apart from the one that's been pushed back, but that isn't particularly noticable anyway. They're very white :smile:
Reply 48
I'm surprised by how many people here are telling her to get braces as if her teeth are wrong in some sort of way.
Cultivated
I am disappointed with your rofling at the kid's white teeth and platinum hair. :naughty: You're meant to be the nice and not so honest one out of us two.

"Out of us two"?? Are we some kind of tsr Duo now :rolleyes:
You've got to admit the Bruno comment was pretty funny Lol.

And are you hinting that you're more honest than me on tsr
Dynamitri
TBH my first thought was one of a chocolate chip cookie, but after your reply I strangely started to have a 2girls1cup scenario in my head... :biggrin: Ewww... :s

There's nothing wrong with 2g1cup! The truth is: they're faking it. It's merely chocolate. Duh. Anyone would know that. :curious:

Seriously though, don't take pic of your teeth all brown. It will look so wrong wrong.

Wow, we're really contributing helpful ideas to this thread.
Reply 51
hey they look quite ok.r u kidding by saying them horrible
ChunkymunkyDJC

:rofl:

definitely agree with that
Cultivated
It's merely chocolate. Duh. Anyone would know that. :curious:

omg, one of my greatest traumas is over :shock:

Cultivated
Wow, we're really contributing helpful ideas to this thread.

I know, ain't we? lol :biggrin:
Reply 54
get BRACES!!!!!!!
FinalFlash
"Out of us two"?? Are we some kind of tsr Duo now :rolleyes:
You've got to admit the Bruno comment was pretty funny Lol.

And are you hinting that you're more honest than me on tsr

:bawling:
You forgot?
You forgot?
YOU ******* FORGOT?!
:mad2:

We were the great, inseparable C and F ffs! Friends forever you said. Forever, my ass. :[

I am honest and direct, always have been. That's why we're now enemies. Every time you quoted me, my heart began to beat faster. Almost like being born again. Forget it now. Forget it!

:curious:
Reply 56
hoooookay... back from La la land now...

Does it affect your kissing? Does it affect your speaking? If not then there's nothing to worry about. Smile with a closed mouth and that's it.
Cultivated
You forgot?
You forgot?
YOU ******* FORGOT?!
:mad2:

We were the great, inseparable C and F ffs! Friends forever you said. Forever, my ass. :[

I am honest and direct, always have been. That's why we're now enemies. Every time you quoted me, my heart began to beat faster. Almost like being born again. Forget it now. Forget it!

:curious:

LMAO While ROF on a MotherF****** Boat! I love when you quote me 2 because i can always sense it's gonna be something hilarious or just plain entertaining...Bravo lady....Bravo.:yep:

What does inseparable C and F mean :confused:

If i sang some Lionel Richie to you, would it make everything alright :p:
Reply 58
Dynamitri

:coma:

I knew i'd seen you somewhere before. rusko!?

FinalFlash
LMAO While ROF on a MotherF****** Boat! I love when you quote me 2 because i can always sense it's gonna be something hilarious or just plain entertaining...Bravo lady....Bravo.:yep:

What does inseparable C and F mean :confused:

If i sang some Lionel Richie to you, would it make everything alright :p:

god, hurry up and have sex already you two

Latest

Trending

Trending