Turn on thread page Beta

Why Was MICHAEL JACKSON'S father snubbed at the memorial? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Myiesha_90)
    I saw on the news just after he died that Katherine Jackson hasn't lived with her husband in 20 years... they're still married however. But that means that the kids would be out of harms way as far as joe jackson is concerned... Although he had a part in making Michael Jackson memorable... he had no part in making michael jackson as talented and driven as he was...

Thats all subjective to opinion though- but there's just what I think about it all.
    They're not married still, are they? I'm sure Joe has another daughter with a different woman.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think he was snubbed. Almost every speech mentioned 'Joe Jackson'

ReputationRep:
    mj was true man

ReputationRep:
    I felt it was wrong as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Myiesha_90)
    I saw on the news just after he died that Katherine Jackson hasn't lived with her husband in 20 years... they're still married however. But that means that the kids would be out of harms way as far as joe jackson is concerned... Although he had a part in making Michael Jackson memorable... he had no part in making michael jackson as talented and driven as he was...

Thats all subjective to opinion though- but there's just what I think about it all.
    it's due to her religious beliefs that they are still legally married.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beige_Angel)
    Because he was a horrible father who screwed up his kid's childhood. Michael Jackson was very estranged from him and the guy had the nerve to use his Son's death as an opportunity to advertise his new record label. He deserves a swift, hard punch in the face.
    I have to agree with this point. It did really piss me off, I think I kind of over-did making a point of it though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladipidoo)
    They're not married still, are they? I'm sure Joe has another daughter with a different woman.
    yep. i recently just learnt this. apparently his love-child and the rest of the jackson children don't have a good relationship. Joe Jackson shows affection to his love-child which he didn't show his other children when they were growing up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jacy_babi)
    it's due to her religious beliefs that they are still legally married.
    So Joe and Katherine don't live together ?

ReputationRep:
    yep. i recently just learnt this. apparently his love-child and the rest of the jackson children don't have a good relationship. Joe Jackson shows affection to his love-child which he didn't show his other children when they were growing up.
    How do you people know all of this?! :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    That man...:sigh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by menaa-x)
    So Joe and Katherine don't live together ?
    no. she lives in the family home in California and Joe lives in Vegas.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladipidoo)
    That man...:sigh:
    He truly disgusts me.

ReputationRep:
    snubbed him?
    I would have punched him
    vile creature

ReputationRep:
    does anyone in the UK know when it is going to be shown again, BBC iPlayer i know of, but will it be on Sky on repeat, because stupidly I missed it 2day and I want to tape it on Sky+!

ReputationRep:
    He truly disgusts me.
    Same. I feel so :mad2: whenever I see him. That man really is impudent and shameless beyond belief. :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    no. she lives in the family home in California and Joe lives in Vegas.
    Oohh that's interesting. Sorry to add to the gossip. But do all the kids live seperately now? I don't know why but I always assumed it as the mum and dad with some of the kids still living at home :zomg:

ReputationRep:
    Joe Jackson is pure evil. and yes he does have a love child with a woman he had an affair with in the 60s. didnt know about him and katherine jackson livingh separately though

ReputationRep:
    He use to stand in front of the Jackson 5 at rehearsals with a belt, if they mucked up a note or missed a dance step he would beat them till they were black and blue.

'nuff said.

ReputationRep:
    I think people are probably resentful of him, considering he used to beat his children with wire coat hangers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by electro_girl)
    Joe Jackson is pure evil. and yes he does have a love child with a woman he had an affair with in the 60s. didnt know about him and katherine jackson livingh separately though
    Thank god, I was like "WHY has she got custody?!" Obviously if they live apart it's different.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 10, 2009
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.