Turn on thread page Beta

Life after death watch

• View Poll Results: Do you believe in life after death?
    Definitely yes
    30.35%
    Definitely no
    39.30%
    Undecided
    30.35%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sithius)
    You're missing the point. Even by such a scale, if the first two out of three options were 1/belief and 100/non belief, we would encounter the same problem.
    But if the answers were 1/Yes (I do believe) and 100/no (I don't believe) it would be good? Why?

ReputationRep:
    this might have been said but to life after dying (in the sense of an after life, not being resusitated*) is a contradictory concept, death is the cession of life.

*spelling error?

ReputationRep:
    Yes

ReputationRep:
    I hope so.

ReputationRep:
    Either way I'm happy, I'm not scared of death...

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, this is a matter I don't really care about. The hear and now is much more important to me. The same goes for many other matters of the supernatural universe -- it's just somewhat irrelevant, and I couldn't be bothered either way.

ReputationRep:
    Stupid poll is stupid.

'no' or 'yes' would have been just fine.
    mm!
    And "definate"... LOL as if any of us could be certain about life/no life after death. Silly.

But to answer your question, I don't think there's an afterlife for many reasons - but I could be wrong. Let's wait and see.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renal)
    But if the answers were 1/Yes (I do believe) and 100/no (I don't believe) it would be good? Why?
    No. I'm not saying there needs to be a scale. We just don't need definitive options, because not many people are going to reply as such. Targeting general beliefs is a much more sensible option.

ReputationRep:
    No. I'm not saying there needs to be a scale. We just don't need definitive options, because not many people are going to reply as such. Targeting general beliefs is a much more sensible option.
    As I type this 36 people are 'definite' about this issue - this is what I'd expect from TSR...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renal)
    As I type this 36 people are 'definite' about this issue - this is what I'd expect from TSR...
    That's because there are only 3 options! I highly doubt these 'definitive' answers are actually definitive.

ReputationRep:
    That's because there are only 3 options! I highly doubt these 'definitive' answers are actually definitive.
    This is TSR, where religion seems to mean a lot more than it does in the real world, just look at the ***** from H&R.

ReputationRep:
    Do you think it would be worse for someone who doesn't believe there's an afterlife, to find out there is one?
    Or worse for someone who does believe there is an afterlife, to sadly not reach one because it doesn't exist?
    (of course, for the latter, the person wouldn't actually be aware of it in that case)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renal)
    This is TSR, where religion seems to mean a lot more than it does in the real world, just look at the ***** from H&R.
    I still do not think that many people will feel 'definitive' on this subject. We are going in circles now, so let us agree to disagree for whatever reason.

ReputationRep:
    definetly yes
    you should think it
    because
    if it is 'no' , our life is meaningless

In the Qur'an, Allah further makes it clear that nothing is purposeless: Not for (idle) sport did We create the heavens and the earth and all that is between them! If it had been Our wish to take (just) a pastime, We could have found it in Our presence, if We would do (such a thing)!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zehra08)
    definetly yes
    you should think it
    because
    if it is 'no' , our life is meaningless

In the Qur'an, Allah further makes it clear that nothing is purposeless: Not for (idle) sport did We create the heavens and the earth and all that is between them! If it had been Our wish to take (just) a pastime, We could have found it in Our presence, if We would do (such a thing)!
    why can't our lives be meaningless?

ReputationRep:
    I see life after death as being the same as life before you were born. You just don't remember a thing, it did not happen.

ReputationRep:
    yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevin J)
    I see life after death as being the same as life before you were born. You just don't remember a thing, it did not happen.
    Fail.

What about people who get completely paralytic at the weekends and can't remember a thing about the night before? Did that not happen?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melting Sugar.)
    Fail.

What about people who get completely paralytic at the weekends and can't remember a thing about the night before? Did that not happen?
    :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevin J)
    :facepalm:
    Yeah I probably did mistake what you put there..

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.