Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by B00kwOrm)
    Thanks for the explanation and your forgiveness Yes, NatScis on the whole are really nice people, my best mate is applying for NatSci at Kings'... shame that they are doing such a ghastly subject *shudders* Sorry, I just hate sciences...

I hope that "some other subjects" is not meant to include historians!!!

Ghastly subject?!

ReputationRep:
    I hope that "some other subjects" is not meant to include historians!!!
    No, our historians are ok actually (well actually one is a bit of a legend in a weird sort of way, but I like him) - it's the compscis and mathmos that are the oddest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    No, our historians are ok actually (well actually one is a bit of a legend in a weird sort of way, but I like him) - it's the compscis and mathmos that are the oddest.
    Why is he a legend? Did he/she get a first? I met two CompScis and they were really nice. Another one of these prejudices! Can't wait till Monday, when I will be contemplating the spires and ivory towers of Cambridge again!!! Hopefully not for the last time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MadNatSci)
    Ghastly subject?!
    Just kidding, MadNatSci, as I said before I get on with scientists, but I've always hated sciences at school. That's why I'm calling it a "ghastly subject". Many scientist probably like history as much as I like sciences Never mind...

ReputationRep:
    Why is he a legend? Did he/she get a first?
    No, we're only first years, so there has been no opportunity for getting firsts etc yet!

He's a legend because frankly he's a bit weird - he's an Assassin (a scary society where the members have to "kill" each other off) and really into it, and dresses as Sherlock Holmes randomly. Normally this would make someone a subject of endless ridicule, but he carries it all off with such amazing flair that no-one has really said anything yet!

ReputationRep:
    No, we're only first years, so there has been no opportunity for getting firsts etc yet!

He's a legend because frankly he's a bit weird - he's an Assassin (a scary society where the members have to "kill" each other off) and really into it, and dresses as Sherlock Holmes randomly. Normally this would make someone a subject of endless ridicule, but he carries it all off with such amazing flair that no-one has really said anything yet!

Wow! People actually do that? Do you know anyone who's a member of the Spanish Inquisition?!

ReputationRep:

Did he solve any murder cases yet? As long as he doesn't kill people for real, let him be an Assassin! By the way, are the Assassins and the Spanish Inquisition the same group? I had a look at their website, very funny, but the actual point of their organisation did not come across very well. Anyway, if they are just a bunch of freaks who love the Mounty Pythons, I will join them if I get in!

ReputationRep:
    Wow! People actually do that? Do you know anyone who's a member of the Spanish Inquisition?!
    I'm sure that someone I know has said they are, but I can't remember who. I don't entirely know what the Spanish Inquisition do, apart from be unexpected (hoho).

Bookworm, the Assassins get given people who they have to "kill" by various methods - water pistols, letter "bombs," all sorts of booby traps etc. The person who stays alive longest and kills most other people wins at the end of each term.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure that someone I know has said they are, but I can't remember who. I don't entirely know what the Spanish Inquisition do, apart from be unexpected (hoho).

Bookworm, the Assassins get given people who they have to "kill" by various methods - water pistols, letter "bombs," all sorts of booby traps etc. The person who stays alive longest and kills most other people wins at the end of each term.
    :eek: Oh my God... I had no idea that life in such a nice town could be so dangerous So basically, if you are an assassin, you always have to be careful not to be "killed" by someone... but it could be anyone who is after you... your next door neighbour, your best friend... who knows, maybe even your Tutor??? God, they must all be paranoid...

ReputationRep:
    :eek: Oh my God... I had no idea that life in such a nice town could be so dangerous So basically, if you are an assassin, you always have to be careful not to be "killed" by someone... but it could be anyone who is after you... your next door neighbour, your best friend... who knows, maybe even your Tutor??? God, they must all be paranoid...

:eek: You're one of them, aren't you? I KNEW there was something funny about you.

ReputationRep:
    :eek: You're one of them, aren't you? I KNEW there was something funny about you.
    Dammit, you found out my secret! Sorry, but now I have to come after you. I'm watching you!!! I could be everywhere... Right next to you in the library or in the lecture... I will hunt you down!!! You're not safe anywhere!!! Muhahahahaha!!! I eat innocent NatScis for breakfast (not medics, they taste funny).

ReputationRep:
    (not medics, they taste funny).
    Yeah, it's the preserving fluid from the dissecting room

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.