Applying to pharamcy 2010!! Watch

LadySmythe
Badges: 19
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by hupper12345)
Ohhh cool. well good luck with your plans!
Thanks. You applied this year? Where too?
hupper12345
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Loz17)
Thanks. You applied this year? Where too?
Applied to do pharamcy
at Kingston,Kings,Reading,Medway and herts

So yeah! Cant wait to leave school and go to Uni! Woo. i've got an interview at Reading this wednesday so kinda geting nervous about that, well really nervous :/...

have youu got all your offers?
hupper12345
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Applied to do pharamcy

So yeah! Cant wait to leave school and go to Uni! Woo. i've got an interview at Reading this wednesday so kinda geting nervous about that, well really nervous :/...

i mean recieved any offers Lol
LadySmythe
Report 9 years ago
Applied to do pharamcy

Ahh don't worry. Just relax, and make sure you know your organic chemistry, maybe some biology, and maybe some issues in pharmacy atm. A good one to look up is the new 'Responsible Pharmacist' legislation that came in at the beggining of October (its a ******* nightmare!) At Reading the questions asked will really depend on your interviewer. I had a chemistry lecturer last year so my questions were mainly chemistry based.

I've applied to Reading, Brighton, Medway, Herts and Kingston (chemistry). I have offers from all but Herts, as I have an interview on wednesday
hupper12345
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Loz17)
Ahh don't worry. Just relax, and make sure you know your organic chemistry, maybe some biology, and maybe some issues in pharmacy atm. A good one to look up is the new 'Responsible Pharmacist' legislation that came in at the beggining of October (its a ******* nightmare!) At Reading the questions asked will really depend on your interviewer. I had a chemistry lecturer last year so my questions were mainly chemistry based.

I've applied to Reading, Brighton, Medway, Herts and Kingston (chemistry). I have offers from all but Herts, as I have an interview on wednesday
Ohh really, well i hope i had your interviewer. Were the chemistry questions on benzene and functional groups? ...amm i have 2 questions 4 pharm if you dont mind answering.....

do you know the five ways that drugs are administered?
i know pills, capsules, or liquids that you swallow
and directly into the blood but dont know about other types

and..

Name 3 ways in which pharmacists can promote health?

and you know when they asked you Q. did they ask you on pen and paper? cause there were some math Q aswell i heard.

ohhh, so you have conditional offers for 4 Unis thats good!
Good luck with herts! and let me know how it goes!!
LadySmythe
Report 9 years ago
Ohh really, well i hope i had your interviewer. Were the chemistry questions on benzene and functional groups? ...amm i have 2 questions 4 pharm if you dont mind answering.....

do you know the five ways that drugs are administered?
i know pills, capsules, or liquids that you swallow
and directly into the blood but dont know about other types

and..

Name 3 ways in which pharmacists can promote health?

and you know when they asked you Q. did they ask you on pen and paper? cause there were some math Q aswell i heard.

ohhh, so you have conditional offers for 4 Unis thats good!
Good luck with herts! and let me know how it goes!!
5 ways? Erm I'll give it a go...Orally, Rectally, IV, SC, Then theres eyedrops + eardrops, caps and tabs and liquids but I think that would come under forms of which meds come in.

3 ways of promoting health: Stop smoking advice, dietry advice (theres a huge campaign by Niquitin and Alil on this atm) and sexual health advice.

I had a maths quesiton but he talked me through it. Its not all that bad. Best of luck with your interviews. Whens your Herts one?
hupper12345
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Loz17)
5 ways? Erm I'll give it a go...Orally, Rectally, IV, SC, Then theres eyedrops + eardrops, caps and tabs and liquids but I think that would come under forms of which meds come in.

3 ways of promoting health: Stop smoking advice, dietry advice (theres a huge campaign by Niquitin and Alil on this atm) and sexual health advice.

I had a maths quesiton but he talked me through it. Its not all that bad. Best of luck with your interviews. Whens your Herts one?
They havent told me yet.. as i sent my UCAS off very late, (12 jan) so Its probably sitting in a pile ready to read.

herts is really nice Uni I went to their open day, got very friendly people.

Thankyou, best of luck to you too...gosh you're lucky its your last interview.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (83)
39.15%
No - but I will (10)
4.72%
No - I don't want to (14)
6.6%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (105)
49.53%

Watched Threads