Turn on thread page Beta

HoC Meet - Saturday 7th August - Marble Arch 1pm watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: When shall we get our meet on?
    Weekend 3/4th July
    15.79%
    Weekend 10/11th July
    23.68%
    Weekend 17/18th July
    15.79%
    Weekend 24/25th July
    13.16%
    Weekend 31st Jul/1st Aug
    15.79%
    Weekend 7/8th Aug
    42.11%
    Weekend 14/15th Aug
    31.58%
    Weekend 21/22nd Aug
    34.21%
    Weekend 28/29th August
    23.68%
    Weekday Early/Mid July
    18.42%
    Weekday Mid/Late July
    15.79%
    Weekday Early/Mid August
    21.05%
    Weekday Mid/Late August
    21.05%
    Bank Holiday 30th August
    36.84%
    Not Interested
    26.32%

• PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by crazylemon)
    Paddy I am the same on the no mixer front
    Even when out prefer shots

Adorno i wasn't planning on getting pissed quickly if at all but alcohol in modest quantities is a good social lubricant.
    Good lad :holmes:

I do beers etc more than spirits if I'm honest but often I get coerced/persuaded into having spirits at which point I do, of course.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Thunder and Jazz)
    If we're drinking wine I won't be drinking it out the bottle. Cheapo cider on the other hand I would stoop to. But not Strongbow.
    White lightning was the bane of my life for a good while. I have scars that are directly attributable to the stuff, along with some good memories mind :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy__power)
    The ten beers one is a lot easier for most people, although it's the speed that counts. Last thing I did like that was a fishbowl [chemistry set etc depending where in the country you're from] that was done with like 80% spirits and had to be refilled 5/6 times in the space of an hour because me and a couple of others just drank it non stop, that was a fun night tbh.

Tbh I never really down wine, it's something I tend to drink to relax more although a few times at college me and mates bought a load of wine because it was on sale in tesco. Downing multiple bottles of wine is a fast way to feel [very] sick :yep:
    Never heard of that one...

I prefer wine to beer in most situations and due to memory loss and never seeming to get hangovers really infer no I'll effects :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Ahh so we'll be off onto some Newfie drinking songs. Hehe. Such a pity we don't have an Screech. That'd top it off.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newfoundland_Screech
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Nig...dy_Murphy_Died
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0SpwEdU5ak
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Never heard of that one...

I prefer wine to beer in most situations and due to memory loss and never seeming to get hangovers really infer no I'll effects :awesome:
    It's basically a big mix, usually between 5 - 10 spirits and then what ever else you have. So we included some special brew, lambrini (lol), a few stellas and then just kept it topped up with multiple bottles of all sorts. Good for parties, but not practacle in many situations. Someone spiked one at a party I went to years ago with some drugs of some description and I drunk at least half of it on my own. Cue waking up in a driveway 7 hours later, an hour before you're meant to be going to a theme park, with no idea where you are. A couple of others reacted badly and had to go to hospital.

I wish I was still a young teen tbh, with no responsibilities. :moon:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Adorno)
    Ahh so we'll be off onto some Newfie drinking songs. Hehe. Such a pity we don't have an Screech. That'd top it off.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newfoundland_Screech
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Nig...dy_Murphy_Died
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0SpwEdU5ak
    I have several albums of various songs like that one

ReputationRep:
    It's basically a big mix, usually between 5 - 10 spirits and then what ever else you have. So we included some special brew, lambrini (lol), a few stellas and then just kept it topped up with multiple bottles of all sorts. Good for parties, but not practacle in many situations. Someone spiked one at a party I went to years ago with some drugs of some description and I drunk at least half of it on my own. Cue waking up in a driveway 7 hours later, an hour before you're meant to be going to a theme park, with no idea where you are. A couple of others reacted badly and had to go to hospital.

I wish I was still a young teen tbh, with no responsibilities. :moon:
    I was a sensible teenager till 18...
    As for the drink sorry but it sounds like a nightmare! Instant hangover. Just add vomit.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    I have several albums of various songs like that one
    Newfie stuff is quite special. Atlantic Canada is my favourite place in the whole world (except for one, of course!).
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I was a sensible teenager till 18...
    As for the drink sorry but it sounds like a nightmare! Instant hangover. Just add vomit.
    It wasn't too bad actually, did some silly things while I was drunk but felt generally fine in the morning apart from being a bit bored because the girl whose house it was had broken the tv so you couldn't watch it and only use it for DVDs and such

I was a ***** from 13 - 16, and only half a ***** since then

ReputationRep:
    I will give a tenner to whoever brings in a Margaret Thatcher mask because I forgot.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Newfie stuff is quite special. Atlantic Canada is my favourite place in the whole world (except for one, of course!).
    I have still never been abroad anywhere so can't share in this opinion :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    I will give a tenner to whoever brings in a Margaret Thatcher mask because I forgot.
    It ain't happenin'.

ReputationRep:
    It ain't happenin'.
    I will wear one if you wear one :p:

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't know where to get one and it would only further my flatmates belief that I am oldtory/ukip. They keep buying me things with union flags on...

ReputationRep:
    I will wear one if you wear one :p:
    Give it to Grant, he'll wear it. In fact, he probably owns one: they must have a "dress up as Maggie" day in Conservative Future.

ReputationRep:
    I may bring myself along.

Marble Arch at 1 yhhhhhhhh?

Also if anyone needs a place to crash I live on Albany Street and won't have any housemates around Sat night so yeah come along.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockrunride)
    Also if anyone needs a place to crash I live on Albany Street and won't have any housemates around Sat night so yeah come along.
    Oh nice Fairly nice area of accommodation :wink2:

ReputationRep:
    If I can find one in time (not likely given in about 5 minutes I'm going to leave my house for an 9 hour shift at work) I'm totally taking you up on this offer...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by big-bang-theory)
    If I can find one in time (not likely given in about 5 minutes I'm going to leave my house for an 9 hour shift at work) I'm totally taking you up on this offer...
    Excellent.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.