Sodemy/Homosexuality - natural or not Watch

Mahyor
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by birdsong1)
Biology doesn't cover questions of purpose.
Exactly.
Kinkerz
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Mahyor)
Exactly.
Some people would say that's because there is no 'purpose'.
Kolya
Badges: 14
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by tazarooni89)
Well yes, I agree - it's necessary to find a balance between making sure you're not risking your health, and not cutting enjoyment out of your life. Different people are going to have different opinions about where to draw the line.
You should note that there is not always a clash between health and happiness and, indeed, in this case one can observe a positive relationship between the two. We know that those who are in strong relationships live longer, are less likely to commit suicide, and on average have better mental health. Those who scorn and frown on those kinds of relationships, such as the religion that you are unfortunately a member of, help socially ostracise people and prevent them from developing as strong social networks as they might otherwise have, which is inevitably going to have an overall impact on mental health. Even leaving aside the important enjoyment factor, it's not clear that same-sex relationships have a negative health impact. (Just look at suicide rates among homosexuals in countries where homosexuality is taboo, for example.)

So it is wrong to so quickly assume that same-sex relationships are not beneficial to health; the picture is more complicated. Unfortunately most of those people who wheel such arguments out are those who have a conclusion (from their sacred book or whatever) and are looking for an argument to justify their conclusion, rather than those going where the evidence takes them.
birdsong1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by tlr1)
i didnt say the point of the bible was to be burned i was suggesting thats what u were saying that the only good use of the bible was for it to be burned as its good source of fuel or 'heat' as u put it.i dont agree with the bible as its corrupted but i wouldnt mutilate in such manners as i respect other relgions although i mi8 not agree with them.
No, that's what you were saying. Despite that, 99% of the time, sex is not used for reproduction, you were saying that its "main" purpose is for reproduction.

This makes just about as much sense as saying the Bible's "main" purpose is to be burned.
Jelkin
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Zeento)
So animals do things which are natural to us like that? think about what you're saying.
I don't understand that sentence. Please rephrase.

If you're trying to say that incest isn't natural to humans ... well, it clearly is to some extent, else it wouldn't happen among us. That's not to say it's "good", of course, but I wouldn't call it "unnatural".
ZizAli
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Jelkin)
I don't understand that sentence. Please rephrase.

If you're trying to say that incest isn't natural to humans ... well, it clearly is to some extent, else it wouldn't happen among us. That's not to say it's "good", of course, but I wouldn't call it "unnatural".
It's just as good as homosexuality though, isn't it?
Assuming it is homosexual incest.
Mahyor
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by ZizAli)
That homosexuality and incest are moral equivalents is your opinion.
Jelkin
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by ZizAli)
Assuming it is homosexual incest.
Ach, at first I thought you might be joking but then I read your last posts.

I don't understand what you mean. I would say that homosexual incest and heterosexual incest are on a par, yes. :confused:
birdsong1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by tlr1)
across the animal kingdom ( excluding humans) it is.for humans the sme action would occur if it wernt for contraception.so in its natural form sex produces offspring END of story ..
Wait, sorry, in its "natural form" the Bible is just a tool for burning or a rock to sit on or food for termites. For humans, the same action would occur if it weren't for literacy. So, in fact, I'm not lying: you are saying the Bible's purpose is.. I don't even know what, but not to be read.

Do we worry that animals (indeed, humans) having sex are just in it for a good time, not trying to make babies as you intimate? You don't seem worried, so the opinions of the readership can't matter that much either.

What's the result of the Bible in nature? That result is being eaten in a pulp by decomposing organisms. So seriously, that must be the purpose of the Bible END of story.
speedbird
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by tlr1)
if u still dnt agree why dont u make a thread on the overall function of sex across the animal kingdom n well see if they agree with you..
Asiatic elephants devote roughly 45% of sexual encounters to same-sex activity.

After aggressive "necking", it is common for two male giraffes to caress and court each other, leading up to mounting and climax. Such interactions between males have been found to be more frequent than heterosexual coupling. In one study, up to 94% of observed mounting incidents took place between two males.
Planto
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by tlr1)
simple logic and knowledge of biology would tell u that homosexuality is clearly an unnatural act and harmful act
This guy is unbelievable. Biology does not determine right and wrong. Homosexuality occurs in nature, therefore, by definition, it is natural.

You are lacking in intelligence.
Planto
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by tlr1)
in terms of human biology it does.
An empty statement from an empty mind. Everything that does not serve a (perceived) primary biological function is "wrong"?

And this is before we even go into the fact that "purpose" is a made up word - things don't have innate purpose. Things just are. We assign purpose to things, not nature.
Kreuzuerk
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by tlr1)
in terms of human biology it does.
Lol, what planet are you on? Do care to explain your points instead of merely cloaking your utterly asinine points in so ill-formed and unclear language that we can't even get a idea of what you're rabbiting on about?

How 'does it' in terms of human biology? Objectively explain why taking it up the ass is 'wrong' between two consenting men? There is absolutely no way that you can.
Kreuzuerk
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by tlr1)
homosexuality has no place in biology in reference with humans...
Explain. 'Ear piercing has no place in biology in reference with humans'....see, I can write **** too.
Planto
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by tlr1)
homosexuality has no place in biology in reference with humans...
Neither does masturbation. Or driving a car. Or most of the other things we do with our bodies. Are they all morally wrong, too?

Think about this question properly, because I am having trouble accepting that anyone on this planet is as stupid as you are appearing.
visa
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by tlr1)
BILLIONS of ppl believe and know homosexuality is wrong , just travel the world e.g africa asia middle east south america n you will know
Yeah, a bunch of third world hellholes that people immigrate from en masse to escape persecution under corrupt backwards laws, great example.
Kreuzuerk
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by tlr1)
its an exit hole not entry..also it puts u at risk to so many harmful diseases as that area isnt exactly the most hygiene friendly is it..

btw i didnt say i had a problem with 2 consenting adults as they can do what they want as long as it dont hurt or bother other ppl.i just find what they do is unnatural and disgusting/

peace
The ear lobe is neither an entry or exit place, yet people still pierce them. Do you also disprove of ear piercings?

(Original post by tlr1)
another stupid analogy
Explain. It is exactly the same as yours in terms of how much sense it makes.
Planto
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by tlr1)
its an exit hole not entry..
There is no such thing as an "exit" or "entry" hole. What are you, 5?

also it puts u at risk to so many harmful diseases as that area isnt exactly the most hygiene friendly is it..
So does heterosexual intercourse. So do smoking, drinking, eating and breathing.

i just find what they do is unnatural and disgusting
So the truth comes out. Drop "unnatural" because that is nonsense, and you have it - You find it disgusting. So, here, you admit that there is no good reason for what you think except for the fact that you hold arbitrary prejudices.
tazarooni89
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Kolya)
You should note that there is not always a clash between health and happiness and, indeed, in this case one can observe a positive relationship between the two. We know that those who are in strong relationships live longer, are less likely to commit suicide, and on average have better mental health. Those who scorn and frown on those kinds of relationships, such as the religion that you are unfortunately a member of, help socially ostracise people and prevent them from developing as strong social networks as they might otherwise have, which is inevitably going to have an overall impact on mental health. Even leaving aside the important enjoyment factor, it's not clear that same-sex relationships have a negative health impact. (Just look at suicide rates among homosexuals in countries where homosexuality is taboo, for example.)

So it is wrong to so quickly assume that same-sex relationships are not beneficial to health; the picture is more complicated. Unfortunately most of those people who wheel such arguments out are those who have a conclusion (from their sacred book or whatever) and are looking for an argument to justify their conclusion, rather than those going where the evidence takes them.
Point taken - although I'm not just assuming blindly, that homosexual relationships are harmful to one's health. Rather, my suggestion towards this entire thread has been to try to draw attention to the more relevant points. Instead of asking whether or not it is 'natural' (whatever that may mean), I think it's more important to ask what the benefits and risks of such relationships might be.
Although, this led one person to suggest that the benefits clearly outweigh the risks and negative effects - something which I think is far from obvious.
Planto
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by tlr1)
only because the western world robs them of their resources
Oh, I can just imagine that board meeting:

"Those charitable western types have been robbing us of our imaginary resources again. What shall we do?"
"Persecute and oppress our own people. That ought to fix it."

You're so full of crap it's unreal. Go back to school.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (520)
80.62%
Leave (125)
19.38%

Watched Threads