Turn on thread page Beta

Higher Maths :: Post-Exam Discussion :: 2010 :: Did you make it out alive? watch

• View Poll Results: How did you find it?
    Very hard. Thank god for appeals/resits!
    23.13%
    Not too sure, and I don't want to think about it. :indiff:
    46.26%
    Very easy! :thumbsup:
    18.37%
    I don't care if I failed or passed, maths is finally done with! :talkhand: :dancing:
    5.44%
    Shoot me now. :bawling:
    20.41%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by red_roses123)
    Do you mind deleting your posts and i will delete my posts because i dont want anyone else seeing this information....i will give you some reputation if you tell me how to do it that is.
    Why?

ReputationRep:
    Just. if you dont mind
    Unless you give me a proper reason then it's staying up, cos other people might need it too.

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    (Original post by LuhLah)
    You could do stuff like immunity - 'how long did it take the body to produce sufficient amount of antibodies to overcome a disease upon first exposure and second exposure?' and see how it varies between people etc, you could investigate the strength of different types of immunity, like natural and artificial passive/active and decide which form is the best, you could see how the human race has evolved to become immune to loads of different diseases. An interesting one would be "Are you going overboard with 'germ-free'?" cos we need germs/pathogens to build up immunity, and since everything's disinfected etc children don't build up immunity therefore are more prone to disease.

Is there anything specific in mind?
    No, I'm going to uni or doing HNC Applied/Biomedical/Biological Sciences I did higher human biology and we covered this stuff in detail.

Genetic diseases could be quite interesting too, like Huntingtons, Lupus, Down's, Turner's, PKU, Cystic Fibrosis, Albinism, Haemophilia, Muscular dystrophy, Klinefelter's. You could say how they come about (mutations) and how they are passed via genetic maps (sex-linked etc), and how karaotypes, CVS, Aminocentesis, Pre/Post-natal screening can be used to detect them.

You could do research into rejection of transplanted tissues, autoimmunity and allergies.

You could research blood groups, look up the rheus system and pregnancy, it's quite interesting.

You could talk about viral mutations, how they're spread, all the viruses that have been 'eradicated' and HIV/AIDs.

You could also argue about the structure of viruses and how they seem to be non-living and living.

Sorry if any of this is incorrect, my biology is a bit rusty :P

Good posts.

ReputationRep:
    Do you mind deleting your posts and i will delete my posts because i dont want anyone else seeing this information....i will give you some reputation if you tell me how to do it that is.
    :lolwut: This is TSR not the USSR, stfu

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pedrobear)
    :lolwut: This is TSR not the USSR, stfu
    LMAO

ReputationRep:
    Unless you give me a proper reason then it's staying up, cos other people might need it too.
    nah its alright i had this insane idea that the sqa would see this and think i copied my project from here but that was just me being silly, its alright.

ReputationRep:
    So what does everyone think they will get for their higher maths result?

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully an A, we'll find out in 2 days.

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping for an A aswell, although I did make a few silly mistakes much to my dismay.

ReputationRep:
    14 and a half hours left now folks!

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Applying to university
Uni match

Find your perfect match

Our tool will help you find the perfect uni course for you

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.