Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TattyBoJangles)
    I can't remember the question exactly, but the symplast and vacuolar pathways don't describe how water enters cells through the cell surface membrane initially. That just describes the route water takes once it has already passed through the bilayer.
    the question was along the lines of " the routes water molecules take travelling across the cell surface membrane" but yeah its a grey area we'll have to wait for the mark scheme on that one p 72&73 give the most accurate answer imo.
    Osmosis from an area of high to low doesn't sound like routes to me the best argument for osmosis ive heard today is mentioning pinocytosis and the use of channel proteins along side it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by In2deep)
    Synthesis of organelle during G1, growth during G2 :dontknow:
    I put that....just looked in the book and its correct....or at least...thats what it says...

how did you find it...

I thought it was completely different to any of the past papers.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaez121)
    lol! i m gona say tht to the examiner
    you should be wise to do that lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adilh301)
    i put xylem is lignified thus waterproofed/cell contents die(dont knw if that bits necessary) so the steam can travel through the xylem vessel without being absorbed by the vessel as the steam would be water molecules? and i didnt think abt capillary action steams lighter than air so doesn't it always go up? >.<
    yhh.. bt steam is water thought,.,,, (I THINK!!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flint_09)
    you should be wise to do that lol
    lol!!
    now u letting me think to actual do it when it comes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by msimon)
    yhh.. bt steam is water thought,.,,, (I THINK!!)
    yeah i assumed steam was water so the xylem vessel which is water proof wouldn't absorb the water molecules.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by msimon)
    what did u gyz put for da one for 5 marks???
    the transpiration one?

ReputationRep:
    For the prophase, metaphase, anaphase, telephase question, which one did 'Cell membrane Constricts' go to? what does that mean anyway, kinda mind raped me xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infernalcradle)
    I put that....just looked in the book and its correct....or at least...thats what it says...

how did you find it...

I thought it was completely different to any of the past papers.....
    I said 'growth and protein synthesis', is that right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PhoTaydo)
    For the prophase, metaphase, anaphase, telephase question, which one did 'Cell membrane Constricts' go to? what does that mean anyway, kinda mind raped me xD

I put down cytokinesis, since it as the only one I was not sure about.

ReputationRep:
    lol!!
    now u letting me think to actual do it when it comes
    i'm sure you are gonna put that answer coz u seem to be honest lol But lemme tell u the good news....probability is .000000001% of a quetion on that. anyways if u involuntarily put that anwer, the cheif examiner will say it to students in a chemistry Revision Conference! lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flint_09)
    i'm sure you are gonna put that answer coz u seem to be honest lol But lemme tell u the good news....probability is .000000001% of a quetion on that. anyways if u involuntarily put that anwer, the cheif examiner will say it to students in a chemistry Revision Conference! lol
    lol! its 1 easy mark to get anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PhoTaydo)
    isnt that cytokinesis? cos it constricts in the middle to split it into two... i thought

ReputationRep:
    lol! its 1 easy mark to get anyway
    yup that could be the difference between A and B; an offer or a rejection.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rassam)
    Say for the adaptations of neutrophils question, I mentioned 3 things. But if 2 are correct and 1 wrong, will I lose marks?

Also, bronchus or bronchioles?

Accuracy of experiment? I said length of time in solution needs to be the same.
    In the mark scheme it goes on about only marking the first two points, so if you put one right, one wrong, one right, you will probably lose a mark. If you put right, right, wrong, tho, you will probs have got it

So like, why the hell was there nothing on the heart or anything!? That is so frutrating. I really prepared for that lol.

Anyone else seem to run out of time and go on a mad rush at the end, JUST finishing? (I hope)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tateco)
    what did people for the permeability of a capillary question? That was weird..
    sure was! i said if permeable to proteins then tissue fluid could not re-eneter capillaries, causes oedema, and then contradicted myself a bit. they should have been more specific about 'permeable'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OwenFerny)
    Anyone else seem to run out of time and go on a mad rush at the end, JUST finishing? (I hope)
    Yeah I did. I barely got a chance to read last page and rushed the phagocyte question. Its annoying because if you dont think a little before answering some questiosn you end up writing a load of rubbish, but then if you write straight away without thinking a bit about structuring your answer then you have mad rush at the end.

ReputationRep:
    i put -805 or whateva the value for 57% was for the 50%? i know it sounds stupid but do i get marks for it?

and for graph i put that a line will intersect the x axis and thats the equlibrium of water potential between both sides..and for the reliablity i said do the test more frequently and get a mean results to get mor variety in resuts

For accuracy i said use a scale of 3 decimal points to get more accurate values of the change in the mass off the water in the oniion cell

i did not have much time to do it alll in the right time someone plase help im from a grammar school and i dont want to feel like im the only person that has done so bad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thesalamander123)
    sure was! i said if permeable to proteins then tissue fluid could not re-eneter capillaries, causes oedema, and then contradicted myself a bit. they should have been more specific about 'permeable'
    Wasnt that so that blood plasma enters tissur bed with WBCs. And also something about the lymphatic system draining away pathogens. Thats what I put anyway for the two marks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adilh301)
    the transpiration one?
    yhhh

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.