The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Thud
I don't think it's a case of "perhaps" Renal, I think it's a case of "definitely".
:wink:

Oi, I'm being nice today. It turns out that people complain about getting flamed for being a moron.
Reply 581
Thud
C18 headquarters? :laugh: Do you know what you're talking about you moron?

Yes.
You dont realise how organised they are.
Here is a meeting of the C18 Serbia chapter.
http://www.skrewdriver.net/serb2.jpg
Reply 582
fscksleep
Yes.
You dont realise how organised they are.
Here is a meeting of the C18 Serbia chapter.
http://www.skrewdriver.net/serb2.jpg

And if you knew anything about them at all you'd know the British attitude to C18 is far different to the Eastern European one.

You ****ing moron.
Reply 583
To the OP, i strongly remember looking through a university Course Booklet, and seeing a irish society and various other european societies. So even though universitys don't state a WHITE society, surly these can be counted as a white society.
Reply 584
cottonmouth
Damn, this is bleak.

Groups at university are for specific interests, yeah?

You get some for minorities, who will share a lot of interests. You put a "white group" up, that isn't really a specific interest is it? Most of the bloody uni could join!

When they have "black" societies, it isn't about the skin colour. Its about black culture- they probably organise social events to rnb clubs, dinners at west-indian restaurants, festivals, etc etc. Whie people could join too if they wanted! The clubs are NOT ABOUT SKIN COLOUR!!!

Tell me, why would you have a "white" beer drinking club, where only whit epoeple can join, when this isn't the case for other clubs, which anyone can be a part of. A minority club wouldnt be allowed to stop white people from joining, why should there be a "white" beer drinking club?

A mate of mine tried the 'join in' thing last year. I didn't work out too well. Apparently, they thought his name was 'whitey', 'milky-bar-kid' and 'cracker' respectively.

His name was Tom.

EDIT: Only from two girls though, slightly misleading without that :p:.
Well, they're evangelists - one of the nastiest kinds of religious people around in my view..
Reply 586
ChrisTheRockGod
Well, they're evangelists - one of the nastiest kinds of religious people around in my view..

Kudos for surviving Stockton with that haircut :p:.
Reply 587
Thud
Don't be stupid. Perhaps unofficially, but officially and receiving funds from the student union as all societies registered do? No there is not.

Doesn't really matter though, to be fair. I've been a member of plenty of unofficial societies, and there numerous at universities (sometimes enormously active) because they are allowed to be selective as to their membership.

Not every club is particularly bothered about the few quid tossed its way by the Students' Association. It's a bloody inconvenience more than anything.
Reply 588
Libertinus Septentrionalis
Doesn't really matter though, to be fair. I've been a member of plenty of unofficial societies, and there numerous at universities (sometimes enormously active) because they are allowed to be selective as to their membership.
Freedom of association and all that jazz...
Reply 589
Renal
Freedom of association and all that jazz...

More like freedom to keep the riff-raff/women out.
White people always get a raw deal, dont we? :mad:
Reply 591
Libertinus Septentrionalis
More like freedom to keep the riff-raff/women out.
Damn bloody right!
Reply 592
Seanisonfire
White people always get a raw deal, dont we? :mad:

This has become the lefts justification of the abandonment of the working classes, yes :smile:. Rather shallow actually...
Haven't read the posts, just read the title but obviously if it was a white society it would blatantly be racist. A british society or something along those lines would be more appropriately named. The name is to do with culture, reflects where you are from, white that is just racial, if you have white skin colour you can come if not, sorry you can't sorta thing. Notice how it isn't a black society it is Afro-Caribbean.
tehjonny
Kudos for surviving Stockton with that haircut :p:.

Gee, thanks.
Reply 595
Purple Sunset
Haven't read the posts, just read the title but obviously if it was a white society it would blatantly be racist. A british society or something along those lines would be more appropriately named. The name is to do with culture, reflects where you are from, white that is just racial, if you have white skin colour you can come if not, sorry you can't sorta thing. Notice how it isn't a black society it is Afro-Caribbean.

Well put.
Reply 596
Purple Sunset
What difference does a name make?

There are asian societies that recruit exclusively from the certain sub-continental countries, are they not racist (or religiously discriminating) because they're not called the Pakistani Society?
Renal
What difference does a name make?

There are asian societies that recruit exclusively from the certain sub-continental countries, are they not racist (or religiously discriminating) because they're not called the Pakistani Society?

It is still about the country where you are from. It is not an Asian soc is it?
Reply 598
But what difference does a name make?

Say a British society only allowed white British people to join? Is it's still a non-racist cultural society to you?
Cluedo89
we see afro carribian societys we see asian societys at most universitys and i understand this can be because they are minoritys.

Yet if you even attempted to set up a society like a white beer drinking society or whatever, that you'd be accused of racism or seculusion and it would definatly be banned.I'm not in favour of doing that but why shouldnt people be allowed.

Is white any more racist a term than black asian mixed race or anything else on this wonderful planet. would seeting up a society seculude people any more than these societys might do?

I sometimes feel their might be double standerds on the issue as well. the term community this and community that only leads to segeration.

it is completely different. Blacks are in the minority so may feel they need to keep ties of their culture by creating this society. also there is a complete difference between white society and european society which will be perfectly fine just like afro carribean is not black society.
what do you think

Latest

Trending

Trending