Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

It Polls for Thee: Secretary General Election Time! watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Vote for your preferred SG. YOU HAVE SEVEN DAYS.
    Nightowl
    60.00%
    Wootcannon
    6.67%
    Brimstone
    30.00%
    Ahmed
    0%
    ABSTAIN
    3.33%

ReputationRep:
    No whoring
    Do not give reputation to another member for no reason because of a promise of reciprocation.
    No donning
    Do not organise yourself into a gang to give negative reputation. Gang-repping will not go unpunished.
    No begging
    Asking for positive reputation often attracts just as much negative.
    No self-repping
    Having a multiple account with which to rep yourself is strictly forbidden. Rep points will be docked.
    No mimicking
    Do not sign negative reputation with another member's name.

nothing about swapping rep for votes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UnaChance)
    6+6=6 If you don't think Bribery is an issue, then don't, but since I'm pretty sure the rest of the GA do then be prepared to face whatever concequence they see fit. I don't care if it isn't in the rules right now, In mine, and pretty much everyone elses opinion, it is cheating.
    yet you cannot punish for an offence that is not clearly scripted. any future resolution would be to act upon future bribery not an act that has been comitted under rules that permitted it, whether right or wrong.

ReputationRep:
    I'm neutral on this matter, I have forwarded the PM to Agent Smith and he can decide what to do. I think 6+6=6 has a point that Bribery, although is morally wrong, there is nothing as yet explicitly against it in the MUN rules.

Having said that it does go against the whole spirit of the MUN

ReputationRep:
    I would advise everyone to step out of this argument now, and wait till Agent Smith arrives. He will then deal with the incident in a matter he sees fit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RichyP)
    I'm neutral on this matter, I have forwarded the PM to Agent Smith and he can decide what to do. I think 6+6=6 has a point that Bribery, although is morally wrong, there is nothing as yet explicitly against it in the MUN rules.

Having said that it does go against the whole spirit of the MUN
    thank you. at least someone understands that you cannot punish for an offence that is not actually an offence by the rules.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brimstone)
    I would advise everyone to step out of this argument now, and wait till Agent Smith arrives. He will then deal with the incident in a matter he sees fit.
    Right will do, back to the new SG

Oh BTW the Ukraine would like to point out that Chernobyl was in the Ukraine, not Russia, so you should look to us to provide the super heros.
    I know this is going back several hundred posts.

ReputationRep:
    Radioactive Yankovich!

ReputationRep:
    actually the amount of radiation in the atmosphere increased as a result of chernobyl was minimal compared to already present background radiation. as to radiation leading to super heros. unless dead equals super hero, no.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 6+6=6)
    actually the amount of radiation in the atmosphere increased as a result of chernobyl was minimal compared to already present background radiation. as to radiation leading to super heros. unless dead equals super hero, no.
    Although the radiation was minimal, it was concentrated in the area at first, and killed many. Because it was alpha radiation, and not gamma as much background radiation is , once it had entered the body, it could not leave, killing many.

ReputationRep:
    Wow not only are we totally off topic, but also being sensible.

ReputationRep:
    Right lets talk about something that could in no way be turned into a serious discussion er.. Tartan cows?

ReputationRep:
    Has the fighting stopped, great, let us be on-topic, although I seriously doubt that will happen.

ReputationRep:
    We never quite resolved our 'Vote for the MUN carrot issue.' It is so sad we never really voted *crys*

ReputationRep:
    The voting may come in the future

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brimstone)
    Although the radiation was minimal, it was concentrated in the area at first, and killed many. Because it was alpha radiation, and not gamma as much background radiation is , once it had entered the body, it could not leave, killing many.
    hence dead or unaffected, not radioactive people, as previously suggested.

ReputationRep:
    Are you doubting that various russians do not have superpowers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UnaChance)
    Are you doubting that various russians do not have superpowers?
    no, i am doubting that various russians have super powers.

ReputationRep:
    *mutters about the stupid double negitives rule*

ReputationRep:
    *refrains from making comments about stupid people using it*

ReputationRep:
    That almost hurt my feeling. Almost.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.