Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone going to Queen Mary?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurriette)
    Hey I am going to Sussex too and definitel a non-drinker! Yeah I am really excited but yeah I really want to meet my flatmates and argghhh I am too excited!
    Oh heeeeyyy! I am glad I am not alone! what halls are you staying in? ) Are you ready for freshers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Treacle2)
    I'm not alone!!! yay!!!! although slightly nervous about freshers week .... seems like I wont make friends easy cos everyone else will drink. university of York anyone??
    I'm going to York uni as well!!! I don't drink much either so freshers week makes me quite nervous, also not a clubbing person- what college are you in? what are you studying? glad to know I'm not alone in not drinking much

ReputationRep:
    Hi, will appreciate for any non-drinkers joining Newcastle uni this Sept!! Do let me know!! Many thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Megabo)
    Hi, will appreciate for any non-drinkers joining Newcastle uni this Sept!! Do let me know!! Many thanks
    Yaaay me!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    im glad to see this thread. i had no friends really at college because i wasnt into 'that' kind of socializing...ive signed up to freshers, brought a ticket and want to go out, but i hate drinking, havent done it since i was 15. its cheaper not to, and it keeps me slim. when people go too far they look ridiculous, i hope i dont get isolated because of my preferences!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frappe framboise)
    Are any of you kindred-spirits going to King's College London?

I'm truly dreading Fresher's Week, what with not being a drinker and having never been to a club in my life (and don't wish to!) me thinks I'll end up hiding in my room thus becoming a recluse...

Oh woe is me! :sad:
    I am off to KCL!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by londonrose23)
    I am off to KCL!
    Well hullo there prospective friend!

What are you studying and how are you planning on surviving Freshers, eeeek! :unsure:
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Anyone heading off to Nottingham university? I feel like I'll be the only one that doesn't like to drink there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helvetia)
    Oh heeeeyyy! I am glad I am not alone! what halls are you staying in? ) Are you ready for freshers?
    Hey I am off-campus on Victoria Road. Serves me right for applying late! I am however excited but clueless about the whole Freshers thing. HELP ME!!!! (please of course)

Where you staying?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathsNerd1)
    Anyone heading off to Nottingham university? I feel like I'll be the only one that doesn't like to drink there
    Haha, Maths and not drinking? Glad I'm not the only one!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by bexlovescandy)
    Haha, Maths and not drinking? Glad I'm not the only one!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Indeed, I thought I'd be the only one but at least I'll have someone else there in my position!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chromni)
    I firmed Newcastle too! What will you be reading?
    Hi there, you're seeing a non-drinker here. I'm international and will be doing accounting and finance. May I know you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DashingHero)
    Hey, totally agree with your way of thinking.

And hopefully I'll be going Newcastle (I'm still desperately waiting for a reply )

I've applied to study Mechanical engineering. You?
    Hi there, I'm international and will be joining Newcastle for accounting and finance this sept. I'm a non-drinker and may I know you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Megabo)
    Hi there, I'm international and will be joining Newcastle for accounting and finance this sept. I'm a non-drinker and may I know you?
    Ah I actually got rejected from Newcastle and will be going to Aston. Good luck though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frappe framboise)
    Well hullo there prospective friend!

What are you studying and how are you planning on surviving Freshers, eeeek! :unsure:
    I'm studying Mathematics.
    I am planning to survive freshers with ear plugs, tumblr and a Harry potter marathon. No alcohol for me.
    How about you?

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys was wondering if any non drinkers are going to Southampton solent, I feel like I'm gonna be the only person ??

ReputationRep:
    I'm strange... I love clubbing and bar crawls, ect, but don't drink much.

Salford fresher studying Comp Sci here!

ReputationRep:
    I've already seen some of my flatmates talk about getting "smashed" during freshers I hope I have other room mates who don't drink too...

I'm going to be studying Accounting & Finance at Surrey

ReputationRep:
    Anyone here Royal Holloway?

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.