Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeadUnicorn)
    They probably do in normal places, but where I am from they usually say something like "S'COOL BRUH!"
    :nah: it's used for French peeps.:yy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baylo97)
    I got 0.08 too - I can't actually remember but it sounds about right - just looked back at method and it was right way to do the question so hopefully we got it right
    You definitely got it right with 0.08 concentration, me and my friends got that and we had practices those kind of questions several times so were kind of like mini pros at the titration and concentration questions. Don't doubt yourself . I always find it better to come out of an exam knowing you got everything right and being confident in yourself, rather than instantly trying to pick at what you got wrong, and assuming that just because everyone else got the same answer that you didn't, you were wrong. Chances are you were right and they just all made the same silly mistake. Hope you do well on results day

ReputationRep:
    So what does everyone think the grade boundaries will be like? My teacher told me that they were pretty low last year, but do you think it will be the same this year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellie97)
    So what does everyone think the grade boundaries will be like? My teacher told me that they were pretty low last year, but do you think it will be the same this year?
    Last year:
    A*: 46
    A: 37
    B: 28

This year:
    A*:Aprox 50
    A:Aprox 42
    B: Aprox 34

(Because of new Section D...that said...they might be the same because it's a new spec, but they shouldn't be lower, if they go lower it'll be by about 3 marks each boundary)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benwalters1996)
    Last year:
    A*: 46
    A: 37
    B: 28

This year:
    A*:Aprox 50
    A:Aprox 42
    B: Aprox 34

(Because of new Section D...that said...they might be the same because it's a new spec, but they shouldn't be lower, if they go lower it'll be by about 3 marks each boundary)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    For last year's grade boundaries, is that for the old spec (because the old spec was out of 60 marks rather than 85)?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BP_Tranquility)
    For last year's grade boundaries, is that for the old spec (because the old spec was out of 60 marks rather than 85)?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Old spec was 75 each time wasn't it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benwalters1996)
    Old spec was 75 each time wasn't it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No, the old spec was out of 60- there was no section D and each module was 20 marks each

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BP_Tranquility)
    No, the old spec was out of 60- there was no section D and each module was 20 marks each
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-23290889

BBC news article was published today, explaining that the science syllabus is harder this year, and they are expecting lower grades across the country.
    Should this article worry us?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellie97)
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-23290889

BBC news article was published today, explaining that the science syllabus is harder this year, and they are expecting lower grades across the country.
    Should this article worry us?
    Surely lower grade boundaries are better for us?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zippyzazu)
    Surely lower grade boundaries are better for us?
    He said "lower grades", not lower grade boundaries.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.