Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexgr97)
    Oohhh I am so stupid, I read that as remarks as in if someone remarked that that you were looking good today. *facepalm*
    hahaha dw! I probably should have wrote "re-mark"

ReputationRep:
    sooo nervous! I know for a fact that I haven't lived up to my expected grades, especially in english because I just sat there the whole time not knowing what to write! anybody else worried about particular exams??

ReputationRep:
    just remembering the aqa French listening exam.. anybody think that paper was a bit of a joke?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by megs:))
    just remembering the aqa French listening exam.. anybody think that paper was a bit of a joke?!
    It was really hard! But hopefully that means the grade boundaries will be really low too

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tess_rach)
    It was really hard! But hopefully that means the grade boundaries will be really low too

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Exactly my thoughts, I was freaking out so much in the exam!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Okkefac)
    Aaaand of course, I end up with contradicting answers ;u;.
    Certificates? Is that what the piece of paper is called? We weren't given any notice telling us that this was something we had to keep. I would've thought if they were like official final results shouldn't we be given some sort of warning telling us to look after the results or something?
    We'd seriously have to go back to the exam board?
    IthinkmaybeI'lljustignorethemthe ydon'tmatternextyearanyway ; ;

Or is a certificate something separate like, for individual subjects that we do, because I didn't receive that, only a piece of paper telling me my two grades from year 10 and all that info.
    Well, it's kind of assumed that you'd have the sense to keep public examination and qualification information safe, but maybe different schools stress the importance of GCSEs to different levels? The way mine approach them is as if they're as important as a levels, I don't know if yours treats them more like SATs.

You can find the information on the exam boards website or with a quick google, but the process isn't actually that bad. You really should try and get/find the replacement certificates, especially for a subject like English which along with maths is one of the only gcses employers may actually care about. You never know when you'll need proof of you holding the qualification, could be when you're applying to sixth form, could be in 20 years time trying to change careers. The longer you wait the harder it gets, though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    sooo nervous! I know for a fact that I haven't lived up to my expected grades, especially in english because I just sat there the whole time not knowing what to write! anybody else worried about particular exams??
    Slightly worried about english language. For the writing section, I ended up writing a full page of my answer to q6 on the page I'd left for q5. I did write a note on both pages, so hopefully it won't be too bad.

ReputationRep:
    My school predicted me grades for every subject that were usually a lot higher than I knew I would get anywhere near, but teachers explained they didn't really bother about them too much as they weren't very representative... I won't be hitting many targets anyway lol

My exams went half decently. With the exception of English Lit, which I really really failed on one of them Most others were do-able I think, not expecting amazing marks but good ones at least

ReputationRep:
    Same! It felt like I spent more time staring at my paper than actually writing in my English exams

ReputationRep:
    I've heard a lot of complaints about the OCR additional maths exam which is good news in a way because I found it my hardest one of the lot. Despite a hard exam usually meaning grade boundaries will be low, I've heard that 33% of people get a U in that exam each year. Nice...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sheldor)
    Well, it's kind of assumed that you'd have the sense to keep public examination and qualification information safe, but maybe different schools stress the importance of GCSEs to different levels? The way mine approach them is as if they're as important as a levels, I don't know if yours treats them more like SATs.

You can find the information on the exam boards website or with a quick google, but the process isn't actually that bad. You really should try and get/find the replacement certificates, especially for a subject like English which along with maths is one of the only gcses employers may actually care about. You never know when you'll need proof of you holding the qualification, could be when you're applying to sixth form, could be in 20 years time trying to change careers. The longer you wait the harder it gets, though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I know GCSEs are important, what I'm trying to say is that they didn't tell us this was some sort of official thing we were being given. We've been given so many different pieces of paper telling us we got whatever our grades were I don't know what a real official one looks like. I wasn't given any sort of certificate things for each subject if we're supposed to get that (as I said I know nothing about results because nobody tells us anything about results). My mom used to be a teacher so I would've thought if she thought my year 10 thing I got was something major and official then she would've made us look after it or something... but I really don't know.

I just looked at edexcel because that's the board my statistics GCSE was with and I saw a page about this: http://www.edexcel.com/i-am-a/studen...ults-Slip.aspx
    I am sure I have not received that slip yet for my year 10 GCSEs, so does that mean I will get it with my year 11 grades or something?
    This is so confusing ;u; It would make more sense to just put year 10 and year 11 officially together when you get year 11 results. xD

ReputationRep:
    Ahhhhhhh I'm so scared for my results, I'm thinking of filming my reaction when I'm opening the envelope; who else is thinking of filming their reaction?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Welcome Squad
    Hope you lot get what you want and deserve! Sadly it didn't turn out too great for me but whatever

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Lucy96)
    Hope you lot get what you want and deserve! Sadly it didn't turn out too great for me but whatever

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Aww, I think I remember you from last year's Year 11 Thread (I was a shameless stalker ). I think you wanted to be a vet didn't you? How's that going?

ReputationRep:
    Prediction (I'm in yr ten )
    Core science A*
    Films studies A
    Re A

I don't how I'm going to react if I don't get these results I will most likely cry or at least try and hold in the tears,I really hope I don't have to go back in September and tell everyone how bad I've done anyway I'm ever the optimistic so !!!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE !!

ReputationRep:
    Good luck everyone ................................ .....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tess_rach)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hopefully!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by H0PEL3SS)
    Slightly worried about english language. For the writing section, I ended up writing a full page of my answer to q6 on the page I'd left for q5. I did write a note on both pages, so hopefully it won't be too bad.
    Hope it all works out fine in the end

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tibbz2)
    My school predicted me grades for every subject that were usually a lot higher than I knew I would get anywhere near, but teachers explained they didn't really bother about them too much as they weren't very representative... I won't be hitting many targets anyway lol

My exams went half decently. With the exception of English Lit, which I really really failed on one of them Most others were do-able I think, not expecting amazing marks but good ones at least
    Hopefully you get what you want! I'm sure you'll do great! And I wouldn't worry about English lit because if its the same paper I sat not many paper even understood the unseen poetry section!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    I've heard a lot of complaints about the OCR additional maths exam which is good news in a way because I found it my hardest one of the lot. Despite a hard exam usually meaning grade boundaries will be low, I've heard that 33% of people get a U in that exam each year. Nice...
    That's sounds really difficult! I st the ccea maths exam so I don't really know about the OCR add maths! Was thinking of doing maths for a level but it sounds hard because we'd be following the OCR spec! Hope you get a great result in August though! Good luck.!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.