Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benyp7)
    The question didnt ask what they were, it asked for you to suggest what they do...
    You needed to say they aid in the translation and transcription of the viral RNA so new viruses could be replicated.
    I doubt there will be any marks for naming enzymes!
    Yes I know they were not asking to name the enzymes. I was just asking what enzymes they could have been talking about.
    That is where I mentioned that one enzyme involved in reversing transcription from viral RNA into viral DNA, and another enzyme integrating the Viral DNA into the host's DNA.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by p1234h)
    did anyone else get stuck on the photsynthesis question, where it had the picture of the leaf.. can't remember the question but what were the answers to those two?
    Something about midrib and lamina's.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HQazi)
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol, hopefully it won't be that bad. There are generous examiers out there
    I put Competition for the biotic factor. And I said exactly what you said about the nutrients and space.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C94)
    Something about midrib and lamina's.....
    yeah thats the one, what was the answer?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure, my answer was terrible. I definitely lost marks there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Qwob)
    I remember doing a past paper and there was the same question for two marks - two of the marks were 1) skin acts as a physical barrier and 2) skin flora outcompetes pathogenic bacteria for nutrients/space/etc. There will probably be other points to get marks like others have mentioned, you have most likely got 2/2 marks on that question though I reckon.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh yes! I wrote about skin flora competing for space too
    Thanks btw

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lamina contains chlorophyll right? There storma where LIR takes place? Therefore would make glucose from GALP....
    And the midrib would carry minerals from the soil? Which maybe used up? I'm not sure if they are right but I think that's what I wrote

ReputationRep:
    first question was chloroplast and nucleus which identifys it as a eukaryotic cell?
    what did everyone write for the how will NPP values benefit the farmer for his cattle or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C94)
    I'm not sure, my answer was terrible. I definitely lost marks there.
    The question was about THIN lamina and VESSELS in midrib.
    For lamina, I said light will reach all photosynthetic cells for light dependent reactions
    For vessels. Provide water to cells? :confused:
    They asked why thin lamina and vessels in midrib are a good thing, right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by demiman123)
    first question was chloroplast and nucleus which identifys it as a eukaryotic cell? since bacteria have cell walls too it cant be that

what did everyone write for the how will NPP values benefit the farmer for his cattle or something?

Posted from TSR Mobile

NPP question was
    GPP = 10400
    You multiply it by 0.45 = 4680 this is NPP ?
    If you take NPP from the GPP, that would give you the respiration.

Is that right guys? I'm not certain... coz NPP and respiration should add up to GPP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HQazi)
    Posted from TSR Mobile

NPP question was
    GPP = 10400
    You multiply it by 0.45 = 4680 this is NPP ?
    If you take NPP from the GPP, that would give you the respiration.

Is that right guys? I'm not certain... coz NPP and respiration should add up to GPP
    Got the same NPP as yours. R = GPP - NPP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abod)
    Got the same NPP as yours. R = GPP - NPP

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes! So maybe I got one mark

ReputationRep:
    I said how the thin layer would increase surface area so, would result in a higher rate of photosynthesis so would create glucose which can be used to create cellulose (it did relate the question to cellulose?)

Then the midrib I said how it would most likely contain Xylem which would transport water to the cells and that water is split in the lightdependent reaction to create ATP/NADPH, which is used to convert GP-->GALP to create sugar etc.

Not sure if that's what they wanted now though :L

ReputationRep:
    For the biotic factor I wrote disease..and then went on to say that biotic factors do not affect the distribution of organisms but affect the abundance. This Gould be right as it asked for effect on distribution.

ReputationRep:
    I did a 2 hour eco 4 paper then a 5 min break then the bio 4 paper..feeling wasted

ReputationRep:
    As for the cArbon neutral question.. It was because the trees that have been cut down are going to be burnt or will decay..both process release co2 into the atmo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Huntx)
    As for the cArbon neutral question.. It was because the trees that have been cut down are going to be burnt or will decay..both process release co2 into the atmo

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What about them being carbon sinks - as in they store co2 from the atmosphere/ photosynthesis
    And I mentioned the machinery being used will also produce co2.... this I saw in one if the old mark scheme so thought maybe would be a point on this one too

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone. Could someone compose a list of what to go over for tomorrows exam?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Huntx)
    I did a 2 hour eco 4 paper then a 5 min break then the bio 4 paper..feeling wasted
    That's harsh, I got a 30 minute break in between! I'm the only one doing Economics and Biology in my year so I was by myself in a massive exam room with 2 invigilators

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HQazi)
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    What about them being carbon sinks - as in they store co2 from the atmosphere/ photosynthesis
    And I mentioned the machinery being used will also produce co2.... this I saw in one if the old mark scheme so thought maybe would be a point on this one too
    I mentioned carbon sinks,
    Microorganisms respiring the dead organic material also releasing Co2...

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.