Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What is something that is widely known to your gender but not the other? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jordan_1)
    This isn't even right. Using the middle urinal is perfectly acceptable when there are no others otherwise you're letting everyone know that you're insecure.

And no, no one ever, ever peeks and then goes outside to talk to their friends about another guys ****. That's something a ****ing schoolgirl would do.
    Lool imagine your mate came from the cubicle and started talking about another guys **** that would be soo gay and awkward

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aspirinpharmacist)
    After an awkward encounter with my male flatmates when I was in my pyjamas (which were perfectly decent by the way) and their astonishment that I wasn't wearing a bra. They seemed to find this hysterical. OF COURSE I WASN'T I WAS IN MY PYJAMAS WHO THE HELL SLEEPS IN THEIR BRA.

Honestly, do men really believe we sleep in our bras? Except on those occasions when you're really really really tired and you just fall right asleep.
    Does it hurt if you roll over in your sleep with no bra and the weight of your body is on your tits? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Is it true that girls toilets are dirtier than boys toilets ?

According to girls there's is worse mainly because some girls go in there gush out there periods on the floor and walk out

It got so bad it was mentioned in assembly and a teacher had to stand guard in the toilet

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    Does it hurt if you roll over in your sleep with no bra and the weight of your body is on your tits? :confused:
    No more than it does in a bra, a bit of material is not going to really lessen the weight of your whole body to be honest. :lol:

On the subject of underwear, guys underestimate just how fantastic pretty underwear actually is. We don't buy it for your benefit, we buy them 'cause they're gorgeous :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diggy)
    Is it true that girls toilets are dirtier than boys toilets ?

According to girls there's is worse mainly because some girls go in there gush out there periods on the floor and walk out

It got so bad it was mentioned in assembly and a teacher had to stand guard in the toilet

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't think anyone just stands there and bleeds on the floor, but when people don't pay proper attention and there's pads lying around surrounding the sanitary bin, it's just....eugh. Horrific. I can't even describe it. Guys would be amazed by how filthy girls toilets can be at times.

(Original post by Wilfred Little)
    A mild pain for me, breasts are sensitive you know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by montstar)
    Getting soap/shower gel/shampoo up your urethra hurts like HELL.

After scratching your balls, sometimes you just have to sniff your hand. There is no choice.

Classy, I know.
    Once I got Veet on my clitoris. Tears were shed. While standing under the shower head and desperately trying to wash it off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronove)
    Once I got Veet on my clitoris. Tears were shed. While standing under the shower head and desperately trying to wash it off.
    :eek: oh my I can imagine burning like hell! Ouch.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmyAquarius)
    Yeah. Made of silicone so doesn't really get dirty as such as it's easy to wipe clean.

Takes like a one period to get used to, I will admit, but then it's easy.

Not sure how you have managed to avoid tampons:eek: They are evil though.
    Tampons are horrible. Especially when you start using them when you're young and you have no idea what you're doing so they end up being so horrendously uncomfortable, and you're sitting in class wondering when you can get the hell out of there because the teacher really doesn't understand that you aren't asking to go to the toilet because you want to skip 5 minutes of the lesson. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diggy)
    Lool imagine your mate came from the cubicle and started talking about another guys **** that would be soo gay and awkward

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Exactly. They would get ripped to shreds by their pals.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think anyone just stands there and bleeds on the floor, but when people don't pay proper attention and there's pads lying around surrounding the sanitary bin, it's just....eugh. Horrific. I can't even describe it. Guys would be amazed by how filthy girls toilets can be at times.
    Any who have had to clean them would not be.

My gender is not defined by its genitalia. :proud:

ReputationRep:
    Women don't seem to know that:

No, they do not always find everything out :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tazarooni89)
    One thing I don't understand about the offside rule:

Normally, in order to be onside, you have to be further from the goal line than the last two opposing players on the pitch (usually the goalkeeper and the last defender) when the ball is played.

What happens though, if the goalkeeper takes a step back behind his goal line, so technically he's no longer on the pitch anymore? Wouldn't this mean that the last two opposing players on the pitch are now both defenders, and so the attacker has to be further from the goal line than both of these defenders when the ball is played (as opposed to just one of them, and the goalkeeper)?

If so, I think I've invented a cheeky offside-trap :p: (Though this is probably where you tell me I'm talking rubbish lol...)
    That's a good point but in reality it would be blatantly obvious what he was doing and he'd get booked for unsporting behaviour/the linesman wouldn't even think to flag for it. It's also against the rules to just wander off the pitch, it's OK if you fall over or can't stop yourself of course but if you were doing it deliberately it actually would be breaking a specific rule.

ReputationRep:
    Reminds me of my family holiday about 5 years back.

"Mummy mummy there's a bandage in the toilet, someone must be hurt!"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexs2602)
    That men don't usually pretend to want to be a girl's friend to sleep with them.

Edit: If it isn't clear I'll clarify, men become friends with women because they want to be friends with them. Simple, right? And if they also want to have sex with them that doesn't usually take away from that. They still want to be friends for other reasons.
    Abso-frigging-lutely.

The number of times I've been ignored by girls for being nice, and generally shunned, because (implicitly) they think I'm just yet another guy who wants to **** her and nothing else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heirloom)
    I live in the north and I don't think that 99% of girls have no hobbies. I think it depends on upbringing. In my experience around 60% of girls at my school have hobbies. Horse riding is common, as is Irish dancing ( although I'm sure that's because I go to a catholic school ), normal dancing also ( eg ballet, jazz and tap). I think the most common is rowing, lots of my girl friends row. Some were into football, F1 and music.
    My main hobby is fashion. I like watching what comes down the runway. I make quite a few of my clothes myself, I knit as well. I can also cook, when I went to Thailand I went on a cooking class and learned how to make three dishes. Since I've been back I've been experimenting and learning how to make more Thai dishes.
    I don't think you can generalise about girls having no hobbies. I think you just lived with a very boring bunch of girls
    This. Back home basically every girl I knew had at least one proper hobby that they spent a lot of time on, there were loads of girls who did different forms of dancing, there were girls who did riding, loads of girls swam and competed in swimming competitions etc, badminton was very popular with a lot of people I knew, as well as loads of girls playing in the local pipe band or brass band.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mc1000)
    Abso-frigging-lutely.

The number of times I've been ignored by girls for being nice, and generally shunned, because (implicitly) they think I'm just yet another guy who wants to **** her and nothing else.
    Totally agree. Roughly half of my closer friends are girls and my best friend (actually the best friend I've ever had) is a girl too. No intention to sleep with any of them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deathhead)
    I was afraid of that..

Also it annoys me when girls don't seem to appreciate how bad getting kicked in the balls is. It can literally stop you having children. Vaginas are made to give birth, balls aren't designed to take being kicked and the pain can be enough to make a guy throw up instantly.
    And yet people use "get some balls" and "stop being such a p***y" with what turns out to be the totally wrong meanings!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hylean)
    Any who have had to clean them would not be.

My gender is not defined by its genitalia. :proud:
    Excellent point. I have the utmost pity for anyone who has to go through that ordeal. On the flip side, when somewhere has nice toilets it's just thrilling. I wish I was saying that ironically, I'm not. My old school toilets were vile, university is a vast improvement.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by St. Brynjar)
    Reminds me of my family holiday about 5 years back.

"Mummy mummy there's a bandage in the toilet, someone must be hurt!"
    Hahaha, fantastic. :lol:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.