Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LtCommanderData)
    I personally don't feel that Mr Brown should be replaced as leader. I think stability is important at the moment and don't feel that a leadership change would significantly affect the results of the next general election.

Keep in mind the distinction between the RL Labour party and the TSR Labour party.

Plus I love your username
    Stability doesn't mean much if Brown can't secure a win. In the paper today there was an article on 'How would Labour fair under different leaders'. The poll showed that with Brown the conservatives would have a majority of 48, but with Jack Straw their would be a Hung Parliament, Labour 32 short. I'm not suggesting that I would want straw as PM *shuders*, but Brown's poor showing in the media is having a negative impact on the party.

Yes, I know, I was just interested in what you thought

Cheese is good Its milks leap towards immortality
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Käse)
    Stability doesn't mean much if Brown can't secure a win. In the paper today there was an article on 'How would Labour fair under different leaders'. The poll showed that with Brown the conservatives would have a majority of 48, but with Jack Straw their would be a Hung Parliament, Labour 32 short. I'm not suggesting that I would want straw as PM *shuders*, but Brown's poor showing in the media is having a negative impact on the party.

Yes, I know, I was just interested in what you thought

Cheese is good Its milks leap towards immortality
    If a new leader can't win anyway the instability in the few months between now and then would be less than ideal considering the recession etc.

Cheese ftw!

ReputationRep:
    What do you think about the PCP's thoughts about Gun's?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Afcwimbledon2)
    What do you think about the PCP's thoughts about Gun's?
    About Gun's what?

My thoughts on their thoughts about guns are probably obvious from my posts in their thread. I'm strongly against guns (well, I'm a pacifist - what did you expect? :P)

I feel that if guns were legalised murder rates would increase significantly and it would be a massive step backwards.

ReputationRep:
    If a new leader can't win anyway the instability in the few months between now and then would be less than ideal considering the recession etc.

Cheese ftw!
    Do you think the plans and work Brown has put into eliviate the effects of the recession will show in the general election results? Indeed do you think Brown can make a come back now?

ReputationRep:
    About Gun's what?

My thoughts on their thoughts about guns are probably obvious from my posts in their thread. I'm strongly against guns (well, I'm a pacifist - what did you expect? :P)

I feel that if guns were legalised murder rates would increase significantly and it would be a massive step backwards.
    I agree about the murder rates.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Käse)
    Do you think the plans and work Brown has put into eliviate the effects of the recession will show in the general election results? Indeed do you think Brown can make a come back now?
    No to both of those questions, as much of a shame as I feel it is. However, I don't think anyone else would have much more of a chance of making a comeback for Labour at this point

ReputationRep:
    No to both of those questions, as much of a shame as I feel it is. However, I don't think anyone else would have much more of a chance of making a comeback for Labour at this point
    But according to a survey by the independent, if Brown is leader at the election:
    Tories = 38% Labour=23% Lib Dem = 23%.
    If Jack Straw were leader:
    Tories = 31% Labour=28% Lib Dem = 21%.

Thats a lot of torie support dropping just by removing Brown as leader. I fear that its Brown who is making the tories look electable again.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Käse)
    But according to a survey by the independent, if Brown is leader at the election:
    Tories = 38% Labour=23% Lib Dem = 23%.
    If Jack Straw were leader:
    Tories = 31% Labour=28% Lib Dem = 21%.

Thats a lot of torie support dropping just by removing Brown as leader. I fear that its Brown who is making the tories look electable again.
    I kinda feel that those poll results can only be based on instinct, when Brown gets replaced and the economy isn't magicked back to it's state of a few years ago opinions will shift again.

We'll have to agree to disagree, this topic is so based on speculation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Afcwimbledon2)
    What do you mean by regularly?
    I mean we probably see 10/11 names in the subforum every week. Some members post daily, others less frequently.

ReputationRep:
    Straw doesn't want PM though does he? If Labour pisses up and loses big he'd probably take it and rebuild the party, but I can't see him taking the top job.

ReputationRep:
    If we lose the election, I don't want to see Brown leading the opposition party. He's not witty enough or quick enough in my opinion to tear the conservatives apart and that's the best bit about having the house of commons.

ReputationRep:
    Wll, PMQs is a waste of time, but you're right; he wouldn't be that effective. Dave would be ok, Ed Balls, Harperson (lol).

With the UK in massive financial debt due to the worldwide recession, cuts in spending has to be made somewhere.

The Conservatives have stated that they will make cuts in the National Health Service by 1/3.

The Labour Party simply cannot continue spending without making cuts. What is the TSR Labour Party's stance on cuts and would sectors would cuts be made in?

ReputationRep:
    Personally cuts of a 1/3 in the NHS aren't a good thing. But yes cuts will need to be made in many areas.

ReputationRep:
    Just to announce, Cardozo has been elected Leader of TSR Labour.

ReputationRep:

Congratulations good sir.

Will you guide the TSR Labour Party towards a new direction?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anony mouse)

Congratulations good sir.

Will you guide the TSR Labour Party towards a new direction?
    Thank you.

I will certainly be leading it in a different direction to the current real life labour party. As for how the TSR parties current direction, I do not think it needs to be changed that much, but I will be looking to use the coalition as effectively as possible and hopefully set us up for a fruitful election process.

It's early days and I will no doubt take a few days to get used to leading this party.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cardozo)
    Thank you.

I will certainly be leading it in a different direction to the current real life labour party. As for how the TSR parties current direction, I do not think it needs to be changed that much, but I will be looking to use the coalition as effectively as possible and hopefully set us up for a fruitful election process.

It's early days and I will no doubt take a few days to get used to leading this party.
    congrats....

ReputationRep:
    Nicely done Cardozo.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.