Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA Sociology SCLY1 Family & Households 13th May 2013. watch

ReputationRep:
    Division*

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys! For the power and division of labour question i went in full depth of division of labour, housework and role of housewife and wrote about Man-Yee-Kan. I left out domestic violence and Gershuny income.. What is the possible maximum mark i can get?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Work1)
    Hi guys,
    the exam was 'ok' could have done much better, and would of save time if iknew how pathetic these questions will be, would of not done such in-depth revision!
    anyway, i was wondering if you loose mark for writing the wrong date next to a study.. I think i wrote Dunne 1997 instead of 1999;(
    It went well apart from few spelling errors and having 10minutes to finish the last essay.
    In jan i got 38/60 and got marked a D, how does that make sense?
    You got 38/80, this is the THE UMS score, and this was a D. In the real exam that was probably between 20 - 30 out of 60.
    dw about the dates, tbh you don't even have to mention the dates, so I pretty sure you won't loose a mark for writing the wrong date especially when its like 3 years off.

ReputationRep:
    Is there ANY CHANCE I can crawl myself to the third band without linking to the Item in the last question? Someone pointed out that it was impossible. .

SCLY2 was so much better for me, learning from old mistakes, I guess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wingscarletx)
    Is there ANY CHANCE I can crawl myself to the third band without linking to the Item in the last question? Someone pointed out that it was impossible. .

SCLY2 was so much better for me, learning from old mistakes, I guess.
    My teacher said that the exam board make it extremely clear that in AS exams if the student doesn't mention the item then they can't enter the top boundaries (C, I'm guessing)... I guess it may depend on the strength of your writing style and your content.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unknown101)
    Hi guys! For the power and devision of labour question i went in full depth of devision of labour, housework and role of housewife and wrote about Man-Yee-Kan. I left out domestic violence and Gershuny income.. What is the possible maximum mark i can get?
    I did the exact same. I didn't write about violence but did pure division of labour, about housewives and fem views but I'm worried about it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Integer)
    I feel so unprepared.
    give me brain transfer your knowledge

had to say it... need to have some fun whilst revising

ReputationRep:
    By mention Item do you mean simply discuss key words listed or physically say 'Item A states'?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cattycatcat)
    woah! good luck, im sure you'll do brilliantly(:
    Thanks, it went better than expected. Good luck to you too! (although a little late now)

ReputationRep:
    Are yous who are posting about the exam, referring to the AQA SCLY1 that I'm meant to sit on the 15th of May by any chance?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.