The Commons Bar Mk VIII - MHoC Chat Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Tactical Nuclear Penguin)
:/

Surely one band of 5 people globetrotting to play gigs is way way better for the environment than the band always playing in one country and thousands of fans flying to that country from around the globe to see them?
Not if it is One Direction. The environment would be better if they left the entertainment business.
Metrobeans
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by barnetlad)
Not if it is One Direction. The environment would be better if they left the entertainment business.
I dunno. I don't care for most One Direction songs, but I have no issue with them as a band!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Endless Blue
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ukip72)
All I saw were the crappy BBC highlights :mad: so unfair, I love Green Day
That's not the BBC's fault, though. It's up to the bands how much of their set is covered for free; Greenday allowed some of theirs, Eminem apparently didn't allow any of his (****) and Biffy Clyro allowed all of theirs.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Superunknown17
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Cheese_Monster)
Who'd you enjoy most? I quite liked Bastille, Bring me the Horizon and Frank Turner were highlights too.
Biffy were awesome, as were Editors and yeah Frank Turner too, liked him for a while so I was happy to get to see him even if it was chucking it down
username280380
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The Commons Bar as a sticky??? Has the barman forgotten to wipe the tables again. All that spilt beer!!

How are you all guys?? I appreciate its been some time since we last spoke.
toronto353
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Afcwimbledon2)
The Commons Bar as a sticky??? Has the barman forgotten to wipe the tables again. All that spilt beer!!

How are you all guys?? I appreciate its been some time since we last spoke.
I just leave the tables now - I'm too busy reading magazines and quality testing the booze.

I'm fine thanks. How are you? What are you up to these days?
username280380
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by toronto353)
I just leave the tables now - I'm too busy reading magazines and quality testing the booze.

I'm fine thanks. How are you? What are you up to these days?
I'm good. Mainly procrastinating or playing rugby. Its a hard knock life

Results has meant I've ended up back on TSR and the allure of taking a look on here is too great. I might try and stay active for a bit longer this time
ukip72
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Endless Blue)
That's not the BBC's fault, though. It's up to the bands how much of their set is covered for free; Greenday allowed some of theirs, Eminem apparently didn't allow any of his (****) and Biffy Clyro allowed all of theirs.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know, not blaming the BBC, the highlights were still crap though.
Cheese_Monster
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Afcwimbledon2)
I'm good. Mainly procrastinating or playing rugby. Its a hard knock life

Results has meant I've ended up back on TSR and the allure of taking a look on here is too great. I might try and stay active for a bit longer this time
Welcome back!
Endless Blue
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I know, not blaming the BBC, the highlights were still crap though.
Really? Maybe it's some sort of communist conspiracy..
ukip72
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Really? Maybe it's some sort of communist conspiracy..
I do hate the BBC but not everything I say about them is politically motivated. Anyway, plenty of anti Bush stuff, the BBC ought to love Green Day.
Endless Blue
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I do hate the BBC but not everything I say about them is politically motivated. Anyway, plenty of anti Bush stuff, the BBC ought to love Green Day.
They do, but Green Day wouldn't let them show the whole set for free. So much for the anti-capitalism.. :rolleyes: And people actually think this is a punk band?
ukip72
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
They do, but Green Day wouldn't let them show the whole set for free. So much for the anti-capitalism.. :rolleyes: And people actually think this is a punk band?
I love Green Day whether you consider them 'Punk' or not TBH. But I'm afraid I know next to nothing about music.
meenu89
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Apart from 'Time of your life' the only other Green Day song I've liked is 'Wake me up when September ends'.
ukip72
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by meenu89)
Apart from 'Time of your life' the only other Green Day song I've liked is 'Wake me up when September ends'.
Both great songs How much of Green Day's other stuff have you heard?
meenu89
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Both great songs How much of Green Day's other stuff have you heard?
Not much to be honest. Good see you posting here again
ukip72
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by meenu89)
Not much to be honest. Good see you posting here again
Try some of there other stuff, it's awesome Not sure why I stopped posting here TBH, loads seems to have changed while I've been gone
Jarred
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'd say "pop punk" is probably the most appropriate label. As for my opinion of them, well I quite liked some of the tracks on American Idiot but little else that followed.

Then again, most of my music was recorded before the fall of the wall so I'm not the kind of guy who would usually like any of their music. I guess it's a sentiment to them that I actually do like a couple of songs. It's a rarity coming from me.
ukip72
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Jarred)
I'd say "pop punk" is probably the most appropriate label. As for my opinion of them, well I quite liked some of the tracks on American Idiot but little else that followed.

Then again, most of my music was recorded before the fall of the wall so I'm not the kind of guy who would usually like any of their music. I guess it's a sentiment to them that I actually do like a couple of songs. It's a rarity coming from me.
Try albums that came before American Idiot like Dookie and Nimrod.
Faland
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
American Idiot, and U2's How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb, were my first albums back from Christmas 2004. I now regard both bands with disdain!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (182)
80.53%
Leave (44)
19.47%

Watched Threads