Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mike380)
    I remember clicking the bottom one I think it says in point d if slc are paying might be a different one though

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I clicked the bottom one too -- Fairly sure it's right if SLC are paying it...

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody know when and how we register for our modules?
    • PS Reviewer
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Nostromo)
    Can I just set up permanent residence in the cinema?! Great job with the editing too. How do you become a member?
    Hey, I set up permanent residence there, you're more than welcome along :ahee: . If you help out by volunteering with the society, you get all the films for FREE as well! :teeth:

You can become a member as soon as you've bought society federation after the 29th of September . This is most easily done at one of our screenings (just go to the tills and ask to become a member. If you have society federation, there'll be a big, flashy yellow box reminding us to ask you anyway )

(Original post by *mike)
    Does anybody know when and how we register for our modules?
    Once you've enrolled, go to your start.warwick, then to student records online, then to module registration on the left hand side :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nirgilis)
    Once you've enrolled, go to your start.warwick, then to student records online, then to module registration on the left hand side :yep:
    I assume if it isn't available yet that's because the department hasn't opened registrations yet? (History, in my case)
    • PS Reviewer
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Study Helper
    (Original post by EnricoDandolo)
    I assume if it isn't available yet that's because the department hasn't opened registrations yet? (History, in my case)
    Yep :yep:

It'll open properly on the 23rd of September :yep: . You'll get an email closer to the time from your department explaining it all

ReputationRep:
    Hey, what times are people planning on arriving? I was thinking around 10/11. or would that be too early? I was thinking of arriving a little bit earlier just because my parents might want to go to the Vice Chancellor's welcome event.
    Also, do just parents attend the welcome event or do their kids usually tag along?

Ahhh I'm so excited to start!

Edit: Whoops, never mind about getting there early forthe vice chancellor's talk, didn't realised it started at 2.
    Nevertheless, when are people aiming to arrive? :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    I'm SO confused. Received an e-mail from Warwick about arrangements of payments for accommodation and tuition fees and they provided this link: http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/services/a...e/finance/pay/

But I thought that if your tuition loan is being paid by SLC it goes directly from them to Warwick, and we don't see any of that money in our account right? I'm just paranoid that if I provide Warwick my bank details they'll take money for both accom and tuition :eek:

Oh and for student source of funding it's Fees paid in FULL by SLC/LEA England/Wales/EU right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hootie*)
    Hey, what times are people planning on arriving? I was thinking around 10/11. or would that be too early? I was thinking of arriving a little bit earlier just because my parents might want to go to the Vice Chancellor's welcome event.
    Also, do just parents attend the welcome event or do their kids usually tag along?

Edit: Whoops, never mind about getting there early forthe vice chancellor's talk, didn't realised it started at 2.
    Do you live close by? I'm planning to leave at 9:30 and get there for 12 hopefully. I just wanna get there as early as I can so that I can get to the Fresher's Fair and nab some goody bags
    • PS Reviewer
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Naami)
    I'm SO confused. Received an e-mail from Warwick about arrangements of payments for accommodation and tuition fees and they provided this link: http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/services/a...e/finance/pay/

But I thought that if your tuition loan is being paid by SLC it goes directly from them to Warwick, and we don't see any of that money in our account right? I'm just paranoid that if I provide Warwick my bank details they'll take money for both accom and tuition :eek:
    If, upon enrolment, you told the university that SLC are paying your tuition, then that's how they will take the money . Your accommodation money will come out by direct debit, if you so choose, on 24th October

ReputationRep:
    Do you pay to be a member of a society?

ReputationRep:
    If, upon enrolment, you told the university that SLC are paying your tuition, then that's how they will take the money . Your accommodation money will come out by direct debit, if you so choose, on 24th October
    Thanks again Nirgilis As for source of student funding it's "Fees paid in FULL by SLC/LEA England/Wales/EU" right? I clicked that on enrollment but it's not showing up in the eVision portal for "my details" so I need to update it again (unless they purposefully left it blank)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naami)
    Do you live close by? I'm planning to leave at 9:30 and get there for 12 hopefully. I just wanna get there as early as I can so that I can get to the Fresher's Fair and nab some goody bags
    I think I will be setting of at 6am...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrustratedGirl)
    I think I will be setting of at 6am...
    :eek: How will you stay awake for the MTV Welcome Party at night?! My brother's dropping me off, so he'd right out refuse to leave at 6, even getting him to leave at 9:30 will prove to be a difficult battle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hootie*)

I think I'm gonna try and get there at 10-11 too, so I can move in my stuff, get rid of my mother, and start saying hello to everyone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naami)
    :eek: How will you stay awake for the MTV Welcome Party at night?! My brother's dropping me off, so he'd right out refuse to leave at 6, even getting him to leave at 9:30 will prove to be a difficult battle.
    Hahahahha! I might as well make the most of my sleep in the car lol. By the way, what course are you studying?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrustratedGirl)
    Hahahahha! I might as well make the most of my sleep in the car lol. By the way, what course are you studying?
    Doing Chem, you? I just cant fall asleep in the car, so it'll be good if you can Got a letter today stating my first lecture is at 10am on Monday 30th, so I better make sure to have an early night on Sunday...For some reason they have also stated to wear outdoor clothes for team building exercises, I am baffled as to what they have in mind for us to do...:K:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naami)
    Doing Chem, you? I just cant fall asleep in the car, so it'll be good if you can Got a letter today stating my first lecture is at 10am on Monday 30th, so I better make sure to have an early night on Sunday...For some reason they have also stated to wear outdoor clothes for team building exercises, I am baffled as to what they have in mind for us to do...:K:
    Ooh cool! I am doing classical archaeology and ancient history. I only know of my course's get togethers. I don't party so I think most of my time will be spent napping lol. I really want to know where I will be staying at, I hope I get bluebell!
    • PS Reviewer
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Naami)
    As a third year chemist, I can tell you they do the 'team building' every year :erm:

You essentially do team-building puzzles, such as ''using a rope and a tennis ball, try and get the bucket out of an exclusion zone'' and ''blindfold your partner, try and collect as many golf balls as possible''

It's just a bit of fun to try and get you talking to some other chemists

As far as I'm aware, it's unique to our department too

I'm blogging for WWS and chemistry this year, so I'll publish a post on it so you have some idea about it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naami)

As a third year chemist, I can tell you they do the 'team building' every year :erm:

You essentially do team-building puzzles, such as ''using a rope and a tennis ball, try and get the bucket out of an exclusion zone'' and ''blindfold your partner, try and collect as many golf balls as possible''

It's just a bit of fun to try and get you talking to some other chemists

As far as I'm aware, it's unique to our department too

I'm blogging for WWS and chemistry this year, so I'll publish a post on it so you have some idea about it

I also got the letter too. Sounds exciting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rtcw)
    I also got the letter too. Sounds exciting
    Oh the team building excercises xD they did get you talking! also, the group you get put with are pretty much your tutorial groups for first year if I remember

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.