Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aspiring Medic 7)
    I got 12A*s and 785 in the ukcat. AAAA at AS with an A*A*A* prediction for A2.

I wouldn't worry too much! Try and focus on schoolwork for now, im sure they'll let you know soon

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wowzah! Let's hope they would well done with the interview though! and good luck

ReputationRep:
    waaaaaaah i just checked my portal and nothing either, anticlimax or what :unimpressed:

but good luck to everyone with interviews! )))))

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone from outside the UK been invited to interview?

ReputationRep:
    Now I am not only constantly checking my emails every 5 mins, I'm alwaysss logging into my portal! I'm going crazyyyy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aspiringmedic1)
    Now I am not only constantly checking my emails every 5 mins, I'm alwaysss logging into my portal! I'm going crazyyyy
    Me too I haven't heard back from anywhere yet and it's making me paranoid as some interviews have been given out D:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I asked them about interviews and that's what they answered back

Dear ____,

We are still in the process of assessing. As you can imagine, we have received thousands of applications. Interviews will run from the end on Nov until the end of April. Applicants who have been shortlisted will receive at least 2 weeks notice for interviews.

Yours sincerely,
    Katie Goodwin, Admission Officer, Medicine

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lulib)

Dear ____,

We are still in the process of assessing. As you can imagine, we have received thousands of applications. Interviews will run from the end on Nov until the end of April. Applicants who have been shortlisted will receive at least 2 weeks notice for interviews.

Yours sincerely,
    Katie Goodwin, Admission Officer, Medicineo

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So there a more than 2-3 interview dates in December?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lulib)

Dear ____,

Yours sincerely,
    Katie Goodwin, Admission Officer, Medicine

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So does that mean people have an interview at the end of November too?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    By talking about November she probably referred to graduate applicants.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=lulib;45236219]By talking about November she probably referred to graduate applicants.

I don't think so. Graduate interviews run over a two day period in early jan....

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if they have allocated dates for international/non-EU interviews?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tee Logan x)
    Isn't that a nice surprise? congratulations!
    Oh definitely!! Thanks so much

ReputationRep:
    Is that all the pre Christmas invites sent out then ??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    On kings site, it says interviews for overseas (non EU I'm assuming) would be late jan to early feb. This agrees with what the admissions lady replied in her email to me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hugby1)
    Is that all the pre Christmas invites sent out then ??

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I really hope not. The thought of now waiting for the New Year is awful.

ReputationRep:
    Does kings have a ukcat cut off?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 9967)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    There isn't a set cut off per se. They use a sliding scale. Where UKCAT scores and academic achievements are grouped and scored

That is not to say there is no cut off, but you need a decent UKCAT score with good grades to have a strong chance of an interview invitation

Last year, as stated on their website, this general score was 695

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 9967)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Taken from the King's Medicine page (always a good place to go for information on Medicine at King's :p:)

UKCAT scores
    Your UKCAT scores will be considered in our selection for interview. They will not be the sole indicator for selection. They will be balanced against achievement in other areas, in particular your academic performance to date. All indicators will be considered together in deciding who will be selected for interview. It is therefore important to understand that there is no universal 'cut off' score for the UKCAT when applying for 2014 entry. For example, if an applicant has an excellent academic background then the test scores will play a less significant part in selection. For those with weaker academic backgrounds (relative to our overall applicant pool), the scores will become more important. An applicant who may not normally be considered on academic grounds could be invited to interview on the strength of strong UKCAT scores that may indicate potential. Also, if applicants are very similar in all other ways, the score may be the determining factor in selection for interview. As a guide for applicants, for 2012/3 entry, most applicants invited for interview had scored at least 695.

Hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    Just got an invitation for interview. Woooh!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sambe)
    Just got an invitation for interview. Woooh!!
    Hey, what are your stats if you dont mind me asking? Well done aswell

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.