Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by solarplexus)
    Yes i know, thats why i got an interview (not an offer)?????
    Wohooo congratulations!!!! Your stats are absolutely amazing! Were you able to choose an interview date or did you get given a date?

People, this is really exciting because it means the ball is finally rolling!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anxious Owl)
    Hey, this is going to sound a bit dim, but how did you guys calculate your tariff scores? I went on the UCAS website and used their tables but I got a score that didn't make sense - I got AAA at A2 but my tariff worked out at lower than their tariff cut-off.

:confused:
    Barts gives a standard offer of AAAa I believe, with an a at AS aswell as 3 at a2 which is 420 ucas points - I think.

Just 3 As at a2 is 360 points.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by solarplexus)
    yes!!!!!!! i got it with my confirmation email (in regards to ur pm i have ukcat score of 835 and ucas tariff 724).... good luck
    Omg congratulations! finally news is being sent out from a university i applied to

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tee Logan x)
    Omg congratulations! finally news is being sent out from a university i applied to
    could we see a snapshot of the email?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexberry)
    could we see a snapshot of the email?
    I didn't get the email, i was just saying that QM is starting to give out interviews so maybe i might hear some news soon lol

ReputationRep:
    I didn't get the email, i was just saying that QM is starting to give out interviews so maybe i might hear some news soon lol
    I meant the person who got the email lol
    What are your stats btw?

ReputationRep:
    I meant the person who got the email lol
    What are your stats btw?
    Lol you quoted me so i was confused
    UKCAT- 767.5 and 460 tariff points lol pushing my luck with my on-the-dot tarrif points but i was hoping my UKCAT score might compensate wbu?

ReputationRep:
    Lol you quoted me so i was confused
    UKCAT- 767.5 and 460 tariff points lol pushing my luck with my on-the-dot tarrif points but i was hoping my UKCAT score might compensate wbu?
    lol your UKCAT IS AMAZING! I got 745 and
    How did you prepare for it? (for my younger brother) could you PM me please!

and A*AA predictions

The thing is I do not want to sound obnoxious but do you really think they have started sending out calls for interviews considering they only got UKCAT scores on friday..

ReputationRep:
    lol your UKCAT IS AMAZING! I got 745 and
    How did you prepare for it? (for my younger brother) could you PM me please!

and A*AA predictions

The thing is I do not want to sound obnoxious but do you really think they have started sending out calls for interviews considering they only got UKCAT scores on friday..
    I'd say the same to you lol i didn't get much higher than you so i'm sure your advice would be really good too but basically i just used the UKCAT 600 book and Medify (i subscribed for the two week pack). Practiced around a couple of hours per day for a month before my test. Increased my hours two weeks before the test. That's all tbh well one person on tsr got an interview so i'm hoping they'll start sending out more interviews next week. What subjects did you take and which other unis did you apply to?

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody know if QM put more weight on the UKCAT than on UCAS tariff because I have a really good UKCAT but my actual grade (UCAS tariff) might let me down also, nobody know when QM start to give out rejections do they? The waiting is killing me ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harryrossspencer)
    Does anybody know if QM put more weight on the UKCAT than on UCAS tariff because I have a really good UKCAT but my actual grade (UCAS tariff) might let me down also, nobody know when QM start to give out rejections do they? The waiting is killing me ...
    I applied last year and got rejected during the first week of December (no interview). But hopefully it all goes okay for you As for the UCAS tariff points/UKCAT, I think they're given equal weightings - but don't quote me on that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anxious Owl)
    Hey, this is going to sound a bit dim, but how did you guys calculate your tariff scores? I went on the UCAS website and used their tables but I got a score that didn't make sense - I got AAA at A2 but my tariff worked out at lower than their tariff cut-off.

:confused:
    yeah AAA is 120*3 so 360 points and add on an AS you have....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eddy1993)
    Barts gives a standard offer of AAAa I believe, with an a at AS aswell as 3 at a2 which is 420 ucas points - I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    nope its AAAb which is quite weird because that doesn't get you enough ucas points so i'm assuming if you have AAAb you have to do other stuff that gives you points...btw their ucas tariff cut off is 460 not 420!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovelycup7)
    I applied last year and got rejected during the first week of December (no interview). But hopefully it all goes okay for you As for the UCAS tariff points/UKCAT, I think they're given equal weightings - but don't quote me on that.
    Do you mind if I ask what your statistics were last year? Thanks a lot!

ReputationRep:
    Can someone kindly call up Barts to ask if any offers for interviews have been sent out yet? ( I am not in the UK at the moment )
    I dont mean to say I dont trust the person who said that she had got an interview invitation. However, it is a bit strange that the interview date was notified 2 months in advance....
    I am getting anxious and worried by this and I think a lot of people here feel the same too..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nhta112)
    Can someone kindly call up Barts to ask if any offers for interviews have been sent out yet? ( I am not in the UK at the moment )
    I dont mean to say I dont trust the person who said that she had got an interview invitation. However, it is a bit strange that the interview date was notified 2 months in advance....
    I am getting anxious and worried by this and I think a lot of people here feel the same too..
    It's okay. Don't be too anxious. Barts must interview, what, 800 people every cycle? The only person who (we know) got invited to interview has exceptional stats (UKCAT >830, 5 A levels, already achieved 2). There are plenty of interview invites to be handed out. Also, cut them some slack - they only received all our UKCAT scores last week. (Imagine sifting through 4000 or so score reports)

According to last year's thread, interviews usually start in January with offers given out (all in one go) in March. Let's sit tight and stay positive; it's going to be a looooong wait.

(Original post by eddy1993)

Posted from TSR Mobile
      I got an A at AS aswell...

(Original post by Kitnimohabbathai)
      nope its AAAb which is quite weird because that doesn't get you enough ucas points so i'm assuming if you have AAAb you have to do other stuff that gives you points...btw their ucas tariff cut off is 460 not 420!
      God I am terrified now! So they expect you to have extra-curriculars and other stuff to give you tariff points??

This is alleviating my crippling anxiety somewhat: https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...ncoming-319087

According to the Offers spreadsheet, there were successful applicants with tariffs below 460, and decent UKCAT scores (but I'm assuming they may have had mitigating circurmstances?)

ReputationRep:
      I have a friend who applied to Barts last year and was given an interview offer just before Christmas so its not late at all guys. Don't give up hope this early. The game has just commenced ... hopefully we all hear good news soon

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by nhta112)
      Do you mind if I ask what your statistics were last year? Thanks a lot!
      Sure! Predicted A*AAA, GCSEs 5A*5A's UKCAT 670(it was this that let me down). So I'm trying again!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Cephalosporin)
      It's okay. Don't be too anxious. Barts must interview, what, 800 people every cycle? The only person who (we know) got invited to interview has exceptional stats (UKCAT >830, 5 A levels, already achieved 2). There are plenty of interview invites to be handed out. Also, cut them some slack - they only received all our UKCAT scores last week. (Imagine sifting through 4000 or so score reports)

According to last year's thread, interviews usually start in January with offers given out (all in one go) in March. Let's sit tight and stay positive; it's going to be a looooong wait.
      I have got similar high UKCAT score as the person who got the interview. I have not received anything yet. I had called Barts on Friday and asked if they have started sending interview invitations. The answer was they are still assessing applications. So I am staying calm.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.