(Original post by Rooster523)
UKIP are bad because:
1) They wish to remove the UK from the jurisdiction of the EU court of human rights. You heard me, UKIP wants the UK not to have to abide by laws that protect fundamental human rights and freedoms.
2) 'No to political correctness'- basically they'd like to create a platform where racist/homophobic/islamaphobic statements are no longer frowned upon. They say PC stifles free speech, I say not having it segregates society.
3) Their entire immigration policy is based on fear and intolerance. 'Immigrants put pressure on the healthcare system'- Nope, the elderly put pressure on the healthcare system and arguably, the NHS wouldn't function without immigrants.- this is one example, there's many more but I'm not really in the mood to list every single one.
4) Their policies are based on idealisms, not realisms. They want lower taxes but more police on the streets, improved roads. Fair enough- but where's that money going to come from?
5) Their immigration policy will see an increase in homelessness and crimes committed by immigrants. 'Immigrants must financially support themselves for 5 years before receiving state help'. Example: A migrant worker works in the UK for 2 years, brings his family here, things are looking good. Company he works for gets made redundant, can no longer afford things, is not entitled to benefits or any state help. Begins stealing to provide for his family.
Just a few I can think of off the top of my head
1. UKIP plan to introduce a bill of rights, a bit like the USA has. This is because the EU forces us to keep people like terrorists in our country and we can't deport them.
2. Nowadays, people can get jobs like equality officers, reducing political correctness doesn't mean becoming racist, it means that it would be acceptable to oppose things like immigration without being considered racist.
3. The policy is based on reducing the number of immigrants coming in to the country to relieve pressure on pretty much everything. They don't plan to not let in a specific group, it isn't intolerance. They want to remove health tourism which will stop draining the NHS' budget, and they aren't going to ban groups like Indians from moving to England and becoming doctors, because they are a valuable service.
4. A lot of the money is meant to come from the billions saved by leaving the EU. As strain on the NHS and services will be reduced, less will naturally need to be spent.
5. That means an immigrant is only able to move over if they already have a job set up and insurance etc. they aren't just letting in everyone and allowing them to become homeless, because that is part of the problem now, that they are letting in everyone. By letting in a select few who have jobs set up etc., this will surely benefit society and they won't turn to crime because they won't be allowed to move here if they're considered a threat, or have no way of making a living I assume