Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrlufc3131)
    Let's hope so! Where else have you applied?

Ah excellent, haha what're the chances!?
    I'm mixing it up slightly! Other than the ones already mentioned, I've done CC, A&O, Slaughter, Norton Rose Fulbright, Cleary, Latham, Weil and Skadden. I'll be doing Clyde & Co too then that's it probably. Considering Herbies but I'm constrained by time with January exams and their huge amount of online testing puts me off.

What about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mcrlawstudent)
    I'm mixing it up slightly! Other than the ones already mentioned, I've done CC, A&O, Slaughter, Norton Rose Fulbright, Cleary, Latham, Weil and Skadden. I'll be doing Clyde & Co too then that's it probably. Considering Herbies but I'm constrained by time with January exams and their huge amount of online testing puts me off.

What about you?
    Lovely stuff, not massively different from myself!

Did a CC vac scheme over summer so won't be applying there yet, but will directly apply for the TC, but have applied to Skadden, Latham, and S&C, and plan on also doing Weil, Cleary and White & Case. Was going to do Herbies, but I know that I would never choose it over Freshfields as a TC, so I'm now focussing my apps on the US firms so that I can hopefully see a different perspective over Easter/Summer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrlufc3131)
    Lovely stuff, not massively different from myself!

Did a CC vac scheme over summer so won't be applying there yet, but will directly apply for the TC, but have applied to Skadden, Latham, and S&C, and plan on also doing Weil, Cleary and White & Case. Was going to do Herbies, but I know that I would never choose it over Freshfields as a TC, so I'm now focussing my apps on the US firms so that I can hopefully see a different perspective over Easter/Summer.
    Very nice! I completely understand that. I know if I was lucky enough to get multiple offers for vacation schemes, Herbies would not be my priority, so it feels pointless applying.

I'm hoping to be able to do a vac at one of the US powerhouses like Skadden to, like you said, see a different perspective.

ReputationRep:
    Does the Jones Day reference request mean anything? - Also found out that rejection from Weil for the vac scheme bars you from a TC app.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

I've seen couple of people mentioning White&Case, has anyone heard back from them? I sent my application a whiiiiile ago and yet no reply. Does that mean I am rejected or they are just taking their time?

ReputationRep:
    A&O PFO

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamalawstudent)
    Hey guys,

I've seen couple of people mentioning White&Case, has anyone heard back from them? I sent my application a whiiiiile ago and yet no reply. Does that mean I am rejected or they are just taking their time?
    Nothing back from White & Case here for whatever that's worth. Interview from Shearman & Sterling though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xLittleMissyx)
    A&O PFO
    Sorry to hear that

Can I ask when you applied?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChoccyWoccy)
    Sorry to hear that

Can I ask when you applied?
    Ah well, Clifford Chance and Freshfields have invited me for interview! I applied last Thursday for A&O, so it was a fairly quick turnaround!

ReputationRep:
    Ah well, Clifford Chance and Freshfields have invited me for interview! I applied last Thursday for A&O, so it was a fairly quick turnaround!
    Ooh, I applied around that time too, looks like I might be getting a response soon too then!

Congrats on CC and Freshfields

ReputationRep:
    Pretty sure Clifford Chance is not rolling..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liarpoker)
    Well I did the verbal reasoning test 2 weeks ago and said I was successful later that day, and they told me yesterday I have an invite to the assessment day!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChoccyWoccy)
    Ooh, I applied around that time too, looks like I might be getting a response soon too then!

Congrats on CC and Freshfields
    Yes! And thanks Fingers crossed!

ReputationRep:
    Weird... I got told in no uncertain terms by CC's graduate recruitment team that they don't recruit on a rolling basis...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RGJjbed8oE# (at 0:36)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kidioteque)
    Weird... I got told in no uncertain terms by CC's graduate recruitment team that they don't recruit on a rolling basis...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RGJjbed8oE# (at 0:36)
    Same, I applied months ago and was told I had passed the online test and would be contacted after the deadline in January regarding whether I had made it to AC or not. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    :iiam:

ReputationRep:
    Aside from Weil, Simmons, BLP and Travers - Does anyone know places where rejection at the app stage bars you from the TC app?

ReputationRep:
    has anyone applied to herbert smith?

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea how to structure the HSF question at all..

ReputationRep:
    Aside from Weil, Simmons, BLP and Travers - Does anyone know places where rejection at the app stage bars you from the TC app?
    I think HSF (could be wrong)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.