Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elisabeth1996)
    is it possible that candidates get replies before the 8 weeks are up? like in just a month? i want to go to LSE so much i am considering taking a gap year and re-aplying next year if i get very high grades this summer, even if i get other offers!!
    yea I think quite a proportion of ppl do get the offer before the full 8 weeks… I really want to get in too!! fingers crossed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saycheese:))
    same got the 8 weeks email a week ago on the 31st, u?
    Hi, I got it on 20 Oct. If it is 8 weeks, it will be on or before mid Dec. But just wonder if I will receive the offer before what they stated in the email, like some other Uni.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EdTKL)
    Hi, I got it on 20 Oct. If it is 8 weeks, it will be on or before mid Dec. But just wonder if I will receive the offer before what they stated in the email, like some other Uni.
    fingers crossed if we get the offer, then they might inform us before the full 8 weeks

ReputationRep:
    fingers crossed if we get the offer, then they might inform us before the full 8 weeks
    yes fingers crossed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fttohi)
    You also applied to Math and Eco? :eek:
    :eek: Yes! I hope we both get admitted

ReputationRep:
    is it possible that candidates get replies before the 8 weeks are up? like in just a month? i want to go to LSE so much i am considering taking a gap year and re-aplying next year if i get very high grades this summer, even if i get other offers!!
    I got an offer just over 3 and half weeks after the 8 week email

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ee123)
    congrats are you firming LSE?

ReputationRep:
    wow!!! you stand a really good chance...can't help but feel jealous! haha
    Thank you good luck with your application.

ReputationRep:
    congrats are you firming LSE?
    Thanks, not sure yet, waiting to see where else I get offers from! Also I'm just very indecisive haha

ReputationRep:
    wow!! well done!!
    what were your grades and predicted grades, if you don't mind me asking?
    Thank you! My offer was for history. I got 3As and a B at AS, predicted 3A*s (not going to happen haha) Good luck!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by biscuitsledding)
    I got the 2 week e-mail for social-policy+econ on the exact same day as you, and have still heard nothing.
    i am exact same except for social policy standalone. Rather unnerving isn't it?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by annanoon918)
    Would like to study accounting and finance. Got 8 A* and 3 As in Gcses, 4 As in AS, for maths, economics, biology and chemistry. Predicted grades are A*A*A*A (A for chemistry- not dropping any subjects). Got 100% in one economic modules and for maths all modules above 90% in AS.Do i have a chance?
    I'd say! Seems like you fit the criteria pretty darn well!

I too am applying for accounting and finance; i got 8A* 3A at GCSE; Further maths (A) Maths (A) German (A) Economics (B - 1 ums off and A FFS)? Doing all 4 to A2 (A* maths, A* further maths, A economics and A german)

Went to a summer school; got finance work experience, undertook a personal study and investigation on chinese GDP trends, Young enterprise and read an economics book as well as book on game theory and decision making.

Reckon i'll get a place?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ee123)
    Congr That's what I hope to get in coming weeks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EdTKL)
    Congr That's what I hope to get in coming weeks
    Thank you and good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer for Eco 2 weeks after the 8 week email. Happy days. Bit of a strange offer though - depended on 4 Alevels (ish). Have to get 2 As in English and Economics. Already done Maths/FMaths so I guess that's why they included the English to make sure I don't rest on my laurels. Best of luck to all applicants

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattLawson72)
    Got an offer for Eco 2 weeks after the 8 week email. Happy days. Bit of a strange offer though - depended on 4 Alevels (ish). Have to get 2 As in English and Economics. Already done Maths/FMaths so I guess that's why they included the English to make sure I don't rest on my laurels. Best of luck to all applicants
    Congratulations!
    When did you send your application and what are your stats (GCSE, AS, A2 predictions?)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sneakbo2)
    hmm I got a 12 week email rather than a 2 week one? :s
    I also recieved a 12 week one:s I recieved that on the 6st of Nov. (I sent mine on the 4th)

ReputationRep:
    Is there anyone applying for Economics and Economic history?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jwl97)
    Is there anyone applying for Economics and Economic history?
    As am I! What's your academic profile like ( gcses, AS, AS predictions)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rafael_96)
    As am I! What's your academic profile like ( gcses, AS, AS predictions)?
    GCSE: 9A* 1A 1B
    AS: AAAB (maths, f.maths, physics and got the B in econ )
    A2 Predictions: A*A*AA (A*s in both maths)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.