Durham offer holders 2015 thread Watch

wendlabergmann
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by jessanne97)
Anyone else out there still waiting for English Literature?
I am ~
jessanne97
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by wendlabergmann)
I am ~
Glad to find someone else! I applied in October after the Oxbridge deadline and I'm hoping that no news is good news. Which college have you applied for?
jamesmact
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Just firmed Durham for Law so excited for October!
wendlabergmann
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by jessanne97)
Glad to find someone else! I applied in October after the Oxbridge deadline and I'm hoping that no news is good news. Which college have you applied for?
I applied before the Oxbridge deadline, but since I've seen people getting rejections, I definitely think no news is good news. I've applied for St. Mary's -- what about you?
jessanne97
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by wendlabergmann)
I applied before the Oxbridge deadline, but since I've seen people getting rejections, I definitely think no news is good news. I've applied for St. Mary's -- what about you?
St. John's! Let's just hope they're giving out offers in waves and that we'll hear back soon - starting to get a little bit agitated, haha!
Flaubertshowbear
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Just got an offer for Modern Languages. Would someone fill me in on the whole college application affair? Thanks
southernbelle123
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Flaubertshowbear)
Just got an offer for Modern Languages. Would someone fill me in on the whole college application affair? Thanks
Hi Basically your details get sent to the college you applied to on UCAS. They will either give you a place or you will get passed on and be given a place elsewhere. Either way you don't need to do anything. They will contact you. As long as you have an offer you will get a place at one of the Durham colleges.
Flaubertshowbear
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
That's great, thanks a lot. Do you have any idea of a time frame on that? I applied in early October and had been waiting until 17:00 today...
southernbelle123
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm not sure. Some people seem to get colleges straight after their offer; others seem to wait weeks. I'm still waiting.
maddie.canada1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I just got an unconditional offer for Law as well!! So excited about it!
vchan97
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I am an international student, and received my conditional offer for law today. Hopefully I can meet my conditions!

On UCAS, I have received decisions from all the universities I applied to, but it says I don't have to reply to my offers until June 4th? Is this a mistake? From what I've read, shouldn't it be May 4th?

Posted from TSR Mobile
trubadur
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm so happy Just received THE offer for MChem(Industrial). St.Cuthbert's
Trisvette
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm an international student, received a conditional offer for Law with Foundation just now but the campus code remained as Z.
Rid
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Trisvette)
I'm an international student, received a conditional offer for Law with Foundation just now but the campus code remained as Z.
College allocations haven't started yet, but the first round should start in the next week or two

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rid
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Trisvette)
And congratulations! I'm an international student with an offer for PPE

Posted from TSR Mobile
Trisvette
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Rid)
And congratulations! I'm an international student with an offer for PPE

Posted from TSR Mobile
congrats to you too!!! Which country you are from? I'm applying for St. Chad, a beautiful college near the bailey and river. How about you?
Poppy 38
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by trubadur)
I'm so happy Just received THE offer for MChem(Industrial). St.Cuthbert's
Massive congratulations. I'm still waiting so now fearing the worst..........
Anthrostudent
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by indiaharding)
I'm in the same boat as you, I'm from South Wales so it would be quicker to fly than a 6hour train ride however I feel that if you settle in just fine (which I imagine you will) the distance won't be a big issue at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello!

That's very far! I checked the train prices and they are ridiculous, especially as I'd have to get the train to London first so I'm still making pro and con lists!

Are you definitely going to Durham?
trubadur
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Poppy 38)
Massive congratulations. I'm still waiting so now fearing the worst..........
Thank you so much. Be patient, yours it's coming soon.I was waiting 3 months!:goodluck:
indiaharding
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anthrostudent)
Hello!

That's very far! I checked the train prices and they are ridiculous, especially as I'd have to get the train to London first so I'm still making pro and con lists!

Are you definitely going to Durham?
Oh I know! I think is like a £100 train ride (not sure though) so I'd probably have I make minimal journeys back home which I'm not a huge fan of.
The more I think about it the more excited I become to firm Durham, haven't done it yet because I'm still weighing out the pros and cons against Bath for civil engineering as opposed to general.
Are you leaning towards Durham?

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Mon, 1 Jul '19
  • Durham University
    Sat, 6 Jul '19
  • Durham University
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (293)
37.71%
No - but I will (55)
7.08%
No - I don't want to (56)
7.21%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (373)
48.01%

Watched Threads