(Original post by molly_723)
Grizedale superior ensuite for me
Grizedale superior ensuite!!
Jeffers19
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hey guys, got my place at Lancaster confirmed to do Earth and Env Sciences (my first choice) but got my accomodation offer through and I've been allocated to Cartmel when I asked for either Furness or Grizedale? Cartmel is probably very nice but people keep saying all sorts of **** to me about the distance and the social side. So basically what do I do? I'm after a college that isn't 24/7 annoying party idiots because I like my space but I still want to feel like I'm part of the action?
Na9727
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ChrisKnott;[url="tel:58461695")
58461695[/url]]Any Economics or Grizedale people?
yeah I'm an economics student ☺️
RDB97
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by murr_x)
How do you know which college you've been allocated to? if you're commuting?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have no idea.
Hayley Williams
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Jeffers19)
Hey guys, got my place at Lancaster confirmed to do Earth and Env Sciences (my first choice) but got my accomodation offer through and I've been allocated to Cartmel when I asked for either Furness or Grizedale? Cartmel is probably very nice but people keep saying all sorts of **** to me about the distance and the social side. So basically what do I do? I'm after a college that isn't 24/7 annoying party idiots because I like my space but I still want to feel like I'm part of the action?
You don't get a choice to change right now, i don't think. They explained before that you might get placed somewhere to didn't want to
Yellow2914
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hey man

I also got Cartmel, and I also asked for Furness or Grizedale. If you read into it, yeah they seem like the worst college. However, I don't think its going to be much of an issue, and a lot of the posts about Cartmel being bad are old, they could have changed?

I chose Superior en-suite, you?
Jeffers19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Yellow636)
Hey man

I also got Cartmel, and I also asked for Furness or Grizedale. If you read into it, yeah they seem like the worst college. However, I don't think its going to be much of an issue, and a lot of the posts about Cartmel being bad are old, they could have changed?

I chose Superior en-suite, you?
I chose superior ensuite too!
I'm feeling a bit more optimistic about it now, having looked at the freshers page and read a bit more about it. It was actually one of the ones I was interested in before I spoke to my friends who are going into second year said it had a really bad rep!
Just really worried about who I'm going to be living with and what the social side is going to be like etc 😞

Thanks!
Yellow2914
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I chose superior ensuite too!
I'm feeling a bit more optimistic about it now, having looked at the freshers page and read a bit more about it. It was actually one of the ones I was interested in before I spoke to my friends who are going into second year said it had a really bad rep!
Just really worried about who I'm going to be living with and what the social side is going to be like etc 😞

Thanks!
Nice

Yeah it was a little concerning, do you know whether you can leave your stuff in your room over vacation periods?
username996405
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Yellow636)
Nice

Yeah it was a little concerning, do you know whether you can leave your stuff in your room over vacation periods?
Most leases are 40 weeks which includes the Christmas and Easter holidays.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hopefulbunny
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Maths. I can't find a thread for maths?
there are 10 core modules. It looks as if they are all examined in the summer. How many modules are being studied at the same time? I hold an offer in clearing but haven't had time to do much research. Any words of wisdom and advice would be very welcome.Thanks.
Lizziejacobs
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi how have you applied for accommodation? I haven't even got an email and I didn't go through clearing?
El-Hurracan
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Lizziejacobs)
Hi how have you applied for accommodation? I haven't even got an email and I didn't go through clearing?
You may want to contact Lancaster ASAP since I applied for accommodation quite some time ago through and email I got sent
Lizziejacobs
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Oh right! Thanks!
sam97x
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Hayley Williams)
Has anyone been given accommodation for county?
I'm in that college
murr_x
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
How do you know which college you're assigned to????
So far all I've got its the welcome guide in the post and the email saying I've got in.

Posted from TSR Mobile
RDB97
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by murr_x)
How do you know which college you're assigned to????
So far all I've got its the welcome guide in the post and the email saying I've got in.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm in the exact same boat as you. I've already emailed the LUMS team about it and a waiting on a reply. I'll let you know what they say.
murr_x
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by RDB97)
I'm in the exact same boat as you. I've already emailed the LUMS team about it and a waiting on a reply. I'll let you know what they say.
Yeph i emailed them last night. And thank you, I shall let you know if I hear anything as well

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Lancaster University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Jun '19
  • Lancaster University
    Sat, 13 Jul '19
  • Lancaster University
    Sat, 7 Sep '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (443)
37.83%
No - but I will (88)
7.51%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.83%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (560)
47.82%

Watched Threads